Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

"Some" records?

Try alleged highly classified national defense information that Trump kept (to sell, to use as blackmail, to eat?) despite being told he needed to return. 

People have been arrested for leas. And this was just the beginning of the process. 

For example, the couple arrested earlier this year for selling submarine secrets, sentencing is actually on the August 16.

I would assume the documents he had were much more valuable then the ones they took. 

The accused spy knew stealth was crucial from his work on submarines. He surfaced anyway.

The documents he allegedly smuggled out contained schematic designs for one of the Navy’s most advanced boats — the Virginia-class submarine — with a nuclear reactor that could run for 33 years without refueling.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

"Some" records?

Try alleged highly classified national defense information that Trump kept (to sell, to use as blackmail, to eat?) despite being told he needed to return. 

People have been arrested for leas. And this was just the beginning of the process. 

ok yes, but seriously? He wasn’t selling these or blackmailing anyone. This whole things seems to just be to recover classified documents. While yes, it needed to be done and is important, this is a gigantic mistake.

2 days of “no judge would sign off on this unless it was slam dunk evidence” etc and then we will end up finding out it was just to recover documents which will end up meaning “the FBI raided his home and found nothing”

just a completely unforced error to do this 

34 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

ok yes, but seriously? He wasn’t selling these or blackmailing anyone.

Uh, you sure? Also the fact that an informant told them means he's showing someone. And if you were a Saudi looking for US secrets how hard is it to get into this ****ing resort anyway? 

Past all that why are we still hung up on giving conservatives ammo? Do you really think it matters? We are talking about the same group of people who fundraise on THEM attacking the capital over literally nothing and then getting arrested for it. Why do we ****ing care what motivates them at this point? Major unforced error lol. Yall trip me out with that. Like it ****ing matters at all. 

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

Jared Kushner wasn't eligible for his security clearance.  The President forced the government to give him a security clearance. 

Jared Kushner ended up getting a $2B deal of Saudi Arabia money 

How do we know that Kushner didn't sell any classified information for $2B?  

I suspect Trump was hiding the documents because it's criminal evidence or embarrassing.  

I also bet there's no "informant" and the FBI just leaked that to make Trump paranoid... 

• Like 1

There was also a known Chinese spy at Mar A Lago several years ago.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/04/20/mar-a-lago-chinese-woman-226671/

She wasn’t the first or last trying to infiltrate Trumpland. Having highly classified (allegedly) on site probably isn't the wisest move of a criminally stupid family. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

Uh, you sure? Also the fact that an informant told them means he's showing someone. And if you were a Saudi looking for US secrets how hard is it to get into this ****ing resort anyway? 

Past all that why are we still hung up on giving conservatives ammo? Do you really think it matters? We are talking about the same group of people who fundraise on THEM attacking the capital over literally nothing and then getting arrested for it. Why do we ****ing care what motivates them at this point? Major unforced error lol. Yall trip me out with that. Like it ****ing matters at all. 

becaue this is a massive deal and it’s not something you do should do lightly just to recover some documents. These are critical midterms and Trump isn’t on the ballot. He just put himself on the ballot for his rabid base and others that will now think he really is being unfairly persecuted and targeted.

If there is nothing to this, then explain it right away. As it’s happening. Say this is just to recover classified documents. You can stop the story right there. I recognize that isn’t the normal procedure but doing this to the former president‘s home who is the front runner to 2024 election isn’t a normal circumstance either. So unless a bombshell comes from this, it’s hard not to see who this doesn’t fire up all republicans for the midterms and sway independents who will see this and then see nothing come from it. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

But Trump can release the itemized details of what was taken by the FBI from Mar A  Lago at any time. The fact that he hasn't done so should speak volumes. 

Does he lose leverage over others by stating he no longer has compromising documents? Or if it's just trivial stuff, ehy not tell everyone what it was and embarrass the FBI/Biden admin, right?

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

The same folks that spent the Summer of 2020 occupying Portland, building lawless “autonomous zones” and chanting “defund the police” as a prelude to the 2020 elections now are trying to tell you that holding Trump accountable for his law-breaking is gonna cost you the midterms.  You can’t make this stuff up!

Never change, Bernie Bros!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

becaue this is a massive deal and it’s not something you do should do lightly just to recover some documents. These are critical midterms and Trump isn’t on the ballot. He just put himself on the ballot for his rabid base and others that will now think he really is being unfairly persecuted and targeted.

They have thought this for like 6 years. They will always think that. 

If there is nothing to this, then explain it right away. As it’s happening. Say this is just to recover classified documents. You can stop the story right there. I recognize that isn’t the normal procedure but doing this to the former president‘s home who is the front runner to 2024 election isn’t a normal circumstance either. So unless a bombshell comes from this, it’s hard not to see who this doesn’t fire up all republicans for the midterms and sway independents who will see this and then see nothing come from it. 

Thought exercise for you. Knowing that he lead people to attack the government in an attempt to over throw it and is still the front runner for the GOP....what kind of bombshell could come from this investigation that would not fire up Republicans and 'Independents' to vote for him? 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

now are trying to tell you that holding Trump accountable for his law-breaking is gonna cost you the midterms.  You can’t make this stuff up!

Well. It could. 

it’s clearly galvanizing for the other side. Which. Is a pretty big deal with elections. 

That doesn’t mean you don’t do it. If it’s the right thing to do - you do it. You deal with the political consequences best you can. 

but to write off the potential impact the way you did is rather silly. 

35 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

it was pretty clear from the start it was about documents. Whenever the government officially commented - they were clear it was about documents. And the archives released a statement as well I believe, pretty early on. 

the message is he’s not above the law. 

and he wasn’t there cause he was in another state giving testimony (taking the 5th actually) in a separate criminal matter. 

And he also have the January 6th thing going on

and I think there’s even a 4th criminal matter going on. 

I get that it’s not an fbi raid that ends in arresting him. But I think your take is wrong on the seriousness of it. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Does he lose leverage over others by stating he no longer has compromising documents? Or if it's just trivial stuff, ehy not tell everyone what it was and embarrass the FBI/Biden admin, right?

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if the decision tree looked liked this

leave it <- No <- Does it look neat or cool? -> Yes -> take it

@Llevronmade a comment early on (I think it was you…) about how pissed the admin/dems likely are that it happened the same week all the news about bills getting through came out. 

now that we know what it was about, I want to circle back to that thought for a minute. 

this is the consequence of doing things the right way. If the DOJ was simply a weaponized agency of the admin - then this would have been coordinated. But it’s not. So it happens at an inconvenient time for them in regards to the news cycle. 

It’s an example of why doing things the right way is always harder; why it’s always an uphill battle.  And it’s just what you have to accept, if your goal is do things the right way. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, tshile said:

@Llevronmade a comment early on (I think it was you…) about how pissed the admin/dems likely are that it happened the same week all the news about bills getting through came out. 

now that we know what it was about, I want to circle back to that thought for a minute. 

this is the consequence of doing things the right way. If the DOJ was simply a weaponized agency of the admin - then this would have been coordinated. But it’s not. So it happens at an inconvenient time for them in regards to the news cycle. 

It’s an example of why doing things the right way is always harder; why it’s always an uphill battle.  And it’s just what you have to accept, if your goal is do things the right way. 

Yep that was me and you are right. Inconvenient timing for Dems, but justice is not about the Dems so it is what it is. You have to deal. 

Dems again could learn one thing from Trump and its marketing. Celebrate your wins until people know the celebration by heart, then do it some more. It does work. 

It does make me happy to think of this as an example of the system working as intended, though. Not working for anyone. Just working. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

They have thought this for like 6 years. They will always think that. 

Thought exercise for you. Knowing that he lead people to attack the government in an attempt to over throw it and is still the front runner for the GOP....what kind of bombshell could come from this investigation that would not fire up Republicans and 'Independents' to vote for him? 

I get what you are saying but judging by the 2020 election, a lot of Rs left him and independents too. That was critical in winning several key states and it will be even more important in 2024. Giving them cover to return to him because he appears to be under frivolous attack by the FBI is not a good idea. And maybe that won’t be what happens but I wish this had been handled differently if it’s just about collecting some documents he shouldn’t have 

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

becaue this is a massive deal and it’s not something you do should do lightly just to recover some documents.

Yes, it absolutely is.  Trump was illegally keeping boxes of classified documents in violation of federal law.  Trump simply having the documents is a felony, regardless of what he planned to do with them.  The DOJ knew it, knew exactly what he had, and knew exactly where it was.  They can either treat him as above the law or do their ****ing jobs and enforce the law.  

Falling for Trump's bull**** "oh it's a political witchhunt!!!" is the problem here.   Trump is always whining about being a victim, he is never right. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, tshile said:

Well. It could. 

it’s clearly galvanizing for the other side. Which. Is a pretty big deal with elections. 

That doesn’t mean you don’t do it. If it’s the right thing to do - you do it. You deal with the political consequences best you can. 

but to write off the potential impact the way you did is rather silly. 

it was pretty clear from the start it was about documents. Whenever the government officially commented - they were clear it was about documents. And the archives released a statement as well I believe, pretty early on. 

the message is he’s not above the law. 

and he wasn’t there cause he was in another state giving testimony (taking the 5th actually) in a separate criminal matter. 

And he also have the January 6th thing going on

and I think there’s even a 4th criminal matter going on. 

I get that it’s not an fbi raid that ends in arresting him. But I think your take is wrong on the seriousness of it. 

Not a ****ing raid. It's a lawful search warrant based on a felony.

Not just documents, it's a ****ing felony signed into law by TFG himself. 

He's not above the law regardless of what he thinks.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 2

I get what you are saying but judging by the 2020 election, a lot of Rs left him and independents too. That was critical in winning several key states and it will be even more important in 2024. Giving them cover to return to him because he appears to be under frivolous attack by the FBI is not a good idea. And maybe that won’t be what happens but I wish this had been handled differently if it’s just about collecting some documents he shouldn’t have 

I hear you - it’s not a good thing for Dems and it riles up Trumpers.  But…

1) It had to happen.  Highly sensitive documents (many experts have pointed to the likelihood these have to do with national security), unsecured, and in the hands of someone who has shown themselves to be (wildly) untrustworthy.  And they tried to get them by other means first.

2) On the bright side, both the act and the timing shows that the DOJ is acting on their own, separate from the WH and Dems.  Of course, (and to your point) the people riled up by this won’t admit/recognize that factor.

Ironic that last time the FBI screwed Dems, it was breaking dept policy and talking about an investigation, and now they’re (potentially?) harming Dems by going by the book. (Poorly worded, but you get the idea)

• Like 2