Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Biden/Harris Legislative/Policy Discussions - Now with a Republican House starting 2023

goskins10

Biden Pledges to End $90 Billion Worth of Tax Breaks for Gas Companies

During a Wednesday press conference to promote his “Build Back Better” agenda, President Biden pledged to end tax breaks for energy companies in the fossil-fuel business, raising $90 billion dollars in revenue for the federal government.

The president justified the proposal as it would “make polluters pay to clean up the messes they’ve made,” seemingly nodding to oil spills, natural gas leaks, and other mishaps.

“We’re not asking them to do anything that is unfair. We’re just not going to subsidize them anymore, they’re doing well thank you,” Biden said in reference to the oil conglomerates.

Biden’s comments come as gas prices have surged across the nation, reaching their highest levels in years, amid inflationary pressures resulting from pandemic supply and demand squeezes.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Is there any truth the dysfunction rumors in Harris office?  Not buying but wouldn't be surprised.

I have no additional information. However, it cannot be any worse than the dysfunction in the trump office so this is at the very least hypocritical as the right fell all over themselves to make excuses for him and now want to attack Harris

I am sure there are some growing pains. And I am also sure she will get it together. There is also the still ignorant workplace environment where strong vocal women are often perceived as mean and ruthless where their male counterparts with the same approach are strong leaders. So for right now I am taking this all with a grain of salt. 

• Like 3

I wonder if this is a follow-on to the stories about how hard she was to work for in the Senate.  I think the stories came out during the election right around the time she and Biden had their moment at the first debate.  My memory on the timing could be off.  I still wonder though if these rumors are recycling the old stories or if there is something new.

2 minutes ago, gbear said:

I wonder if this is a follow-on to the stories about how hard she was to work for in the Senate.  I think the stories came out during the election right around the time she and Biden had their moment at the first debate.  My memory on the timing could be off.  I still wonder though if these rumors are recycling the old stories or if there is something new.

I do not remember those about Harris. My memory was the hard to work for stories were about Amy Klobuchar. Not saying there was nothing about Harris but that was not my memory. 

I do know that these are not new stories. They are from her current staff as VP. It's hard to tell how accurate they are. But clearly there is something she has to at least clean up. The last thing you need as President is to field questions about your VPs staff. 

Only way Harris becomes President is if Biden dies. If Joe died before 24 elections; I think she would be primaried and not win the nomination.

While having an edge as veep, In an open field in 24; she wouldn’t win the nomination.

She was only picked because she was black. Joe couldn’t pick a non-black veep and expect to beat Trump.

I am not impressed with her. She just seems to be there for show.

Her campaign failed for a reason.

Politico: Opinion | The Democrats Need a Reality Check

>>>They have a majority coalition. They control the White House. But the Democrats are trapped in delusions of rewriting the rules, while the GOP figures out ways to bend them.

It wasn’t supposed to happen this way, with the Democrats relying on wishful thinking and vague threats to fulfill their biggest campaign promises. Didn’t Joe Biden win the Presidency with a 7 million vote popular majority? Didn’t Democrats win both houses of Congress? If there’s anything more unnerving and disheartening than the Republican Party’s shredding of core democratic and republican principles over the past several years, it’s how so many of the Democrats’ attempts to fight back are grounded in delusion or futility.<<<

On 7/9/2021 at 7:15 AM, TryTheBeal! said:

This seems very good.

I haven't read the details of the legislation, but in theory this is a great move.  You can google a chart showing how many household brand names are actually a subsidiary of a giant multinational corporation, and you really owe yourself looking this up because I think we all know this was a reality to some extent, but the sheer volume of companies under the thumb of 1 big conglomerate is ridiculous.  

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 1

Just one small part of the executive order Biden signed. It encourages the FTC to pass rules that promote peoples ability to fix their electronics instead of it being a monopoly for the company who released it. Look at Apple for one. 

• Like 3

President Biden Wants To Make It Easier For You To Get Your Broken Smartphone Fixed

High tech has become ubiquitous in our lives. Everything from tractors to toasters to what we used to call telephones are now built with microchips. But when these devices and machines are broken, your choices to repair them are pretty limited.

"Anything that has a chip in it, now, it's actually unusual, rare even that you could have somebody help you fix those products other than the manufacturer," says Gay Gordon-Byrne, executive director of The Repair Association, which wants to make it easier for iPhone owners, farmers and other consumers to get their products fixed.

President Biden is on board. He issued an executive order earlier this month calling on the Federal Trade Commission to write regulations that would force manufacturers to change their policies and allow what consumer groups call the "right to repair."

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 2

joe's been doing pretty good, but then he really nailed one turning one of his answer into a (reasonable) tangent  that was a good imitation of a 'win one for the gipper' speech about saving democracy and how xi and putin are among so many betting autocracies will win out and we have to show them they're wrong, and he actually hit it out of the park and got some real cheering going

he's done a lot of 'thoughtful, decent, responsive, and reasonable" during the whole thing in a way i think still appeals to a lot of moderate/conservative people who aren't vile/crazy even if strongly disagreeing with some of his major position statements....and with that same m.o. he's still holding the impatient side of the dems together, though always have to work for it, too, and course with a lot of help

hang in there dems---like the princess said "you're our only hope"

• Like 1

Joe's getting pounded on the fillibuster though.  I think Joe is delusional.  You will not get any republicans to go along with him. He will find out when the bipartisan infracture deal goes down in flames; when no gopers ultimately vote for it.  The gOP wants him to fail and regain power in 22 and then have their master regain power in 24.

Edited by Rdskns2000