Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Schedule

hail2skins

21 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Good defense is mobile. I am think Tampa and KC will be prime time with a full capacity stadium. Get ya popcorn ready. BTW, what is Fitz' record against Tom?

Is it 2-9 or the other way around?

2-9

2 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Retweet from JP Finlay

Ive heard the Dallas vs TB kickoff game before. When are they going to stop getting that kind of respect just because they’re the Cowboys. They missed the playoffs, they shouldn’t be in the kickoff game. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, No Nonsense said:

Ive heard the Dallas vs TB kickoff game before. When are they going to stop getting that kind of respect just because they’re the Cowboys. They missed the playoffs, they shouldn’t be in the kickoff game. 

Bucs home schedule is pretty underwhelming. The only other home game they have with any real juice is the Bills and maybe Bears.

Based on Fowler's tweet regarding our schedule, I think we'll open against the Giants. I doubt the league will have us open against the Eagles three years in a row.

If MNF is against an NFC South or @ AFC West then the juiciest matchups would be at the Raiders(Vegas) or the Bucs. Possibly Panthers for the Rivera return factor. Broncos would be in the mix if they acquire Rodgers obviously.

I wonder who we'd play on Thursday Night since every team has one and we're supposedly not gonna be on Thanksgiving again. Probably a division game.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Bucs home schedule is pretty underwhelming. The only other home game they have with any real juice is the Bills and maybe Bears.

Based on Fowler's tweet regarding our schedule, I think we'll open against the Giants. I doubt the league will have us open against the Eagles three years in a row.

If MNF is against an NFC South or @ AFC West then the juiciest matchups would be at the Raiders(Vegas) or the Bucs. Possibly Panthers for the Rivera return factor. Broncos would be in the mix if they acquire Rodgers obviously.

I wonder who we'd play on Thursday Night since every team has one and we're supposedly not gonna be on Thanksgiving again. Probably a division game.

Hope it's the Chefs!!!!!!!

So, the teams Instagram account posted an hour ago “comment who you wanna see us open the season against”, and someone said giants or Bucs. Giants, fine. But i said “Bucs, that’s impossible unless it’s after week one” 

his response? “Why can’t we travel to Tampa to play them”. Bruh.....you new to the NFL or something? The league can’t just take a home game away from a team😂😂😂😂 (Covid season notwithstanding, obviously) 

• Like 1

It really surprises the me, the number of people who don't realize the opponents are set based on a preset algorithm and that the schedule release is just about assigning dates and a TV schedule to that list of opponents.  Every message board has threads about "how the league really screwed us," and so forth.

Yes, there are some logistical things the league could do to screw you (e.g.: west coast Sunday night road game followed by a road Thursday night), but the opponents and locations (generally- except for international games) are set. Also, even with the logistical issues, my understanding is that the league sends draft copies to teams to give feedback on those matters and other things we don't think about. E.g. teams share parking lots with MLB teams and they can't play at the same time, many cities have marathons in October, and road closures near the stadium might create issues, etc.   

1 hour ago, balki1867 said:

It really surprises the me, the number of people who don't realize the opponents are set based on a preset algorithm and that the schedule release is just about assigning dates and a TV schedule to that list of opponents.  Every message board has threads about "how the league really screwed us," and so forth.

Yes, there are some logistical things the league could do to screw you (e.g.: west coast Sunday night road game followed by a road Thursday night), but the opponents and locations (generally- except for international games) are set. Also, even with the logistical issues, my understanding is that the league sends draft copies to teams to give feedback on those matters and other things we don't think about. E.g. teams share parking lots with MLB teams and they can't play at the same time, many cities have marathons in October, and road closures near the stadium might create issues, etc.   

Won an auction once and part of it was watching a practice, and I spoke to Bruce for a couple of minutes who said hello and I brought up how they got screwed with that years schedule as for short weeks after night games.  He agreed and said they sent a letter to the league about it.  Not sure if that was him just pandering to me.  But he seemed genuinely fired up about it. It came off like they didn't like the schedule they were given so if they were given a draft copy of it, I gather they didn't like the draft yet the league did it anyway. 

• Like 1

I believe you @Skinsinparadise.. My understanding is that even after all the feedback and complaints, there are certain things the league just can't solve- that's why you still end up with teams sometimes playing 3 straight road games or playing a division rival twice in three games. There's just too many other factors to solve around.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

so if they were given a draft copy of it, I gather they didn't like the draft yet the league did it anyway. 

I don’t think he meant the league sends a draft copy of the schedule. I actually saw the exact draft, or form, that each team gets in January. It asks if there are certain dates their stadium is unavailable, there’s a section that asks if they want to play a thanksgiving game or a Christmas Day or Christmas eve game, ETC. and then with those responses, the league creates the schedule 

• Like 2