Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2021

Cooked Crack

33 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

At some point the bozos in the Democratic Party hopefully realize that letting college-educated progressives dominate your social messaging is a massive L nearly all over the country. 

The GOP made CRT into an issue, even though it’s non-existent in schools, but let’s not pretend that a bunch of Dem aligned people haven’t been shoving the ideology of Robin DeAngelo and Ibram Kendi in everyone’s face. 

So the answer in Virginia is to act like young progressives dont exist?  Terry's campaign was extremely weak, centered moderate compromise positions and tying his opponent to a guy that was no longer in office. 

The second Youngkin started talking about raising the education budget, **** got real, they traditionally cut it instead. 

Did he pivot, did he budge, no, he did nothing to get progressives to vote for him, no olive branch, nothing.  That won't work either.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Mcauliffe is a bad candidate that ran a terrible, lazy campaign.

Dems getting their ass kicked at every level of the government.  VA 2021 isn't about the local races.  It's a referendum on the terrible state of the Democratic party.  Progressives can't tilt the pendulum enough to satisfy the hardcore base and the moderates aren't buying what the progressives are selling.  When the only thing uniting you is being Anti Trump and he's not on the ballot, you have a problem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, bearrock said:

Dems getting their ass kicked at every level of the government.  VA 2021 isn't about the local races.  It's a referendum on the terrible state of the Democratic party.  Progressives can't tilt the pendulum enough to satisfy the hardcore base and the moderates aren't buying what the progressives are selling.  When the only thing uniting you is being Anti Trump and he's not on the ballot, you have a problem.

No one is buying “defund the police” and “autonomous zones”.  No one.  Ever.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

No one is buying “defund the police” and “autonomous zones”.  No one.  Ever.

I've said it a thousand times and I'll say it again.  Defund the police is literally the worst slogan ever.  Whoever came up with that turd should never be allowed to work in politics or anything having to do with public relations ever again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, bearrock said:

I've said it a thousand times and I'll say it again.  Defund the police is literally the worst slogan ever.  Whoever came up with that turd should never be allowed to work in politics or anything having to do with public relations ever again.

And Glenn ran repeated ads on TV with cops threatening that McAuliffe would "defund the police"

So again I'm not sure how he's getting this groundswell of support lol

Yes, Mcauliffe is a weak candidate who ran a weak campaign.  But there’s a lot of folks who only voted Biden because he wasn’t Trump.  Since that time, inflation is roaring and the Dems have no answers.  Whether they can actually do anything about it is besides the point.  Most don’t care about that, they just know gas is almost $4 a gallon and groceries are through the roof, and the Dems are in control.  Recipe for disaster.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

So the answer in Virginia is to act like young progressives dont exist?  Terry's campaign was extremely weak, centered moderate compromise positions and tying his opponent to a guy that was no longer in office. 

The second Youngkin started talking about raising the education budget, **** got real, they traditionally cut it instead. 

Did he pivot, did he budge, no, he did nothing to get progressives to vote for him, no olive branch, nothing.  That won't work either.

The moderates in the party are bad too. Stale and outdated ideas, poor messaging control, typically uninspiring vision. 

There’s an ideal Democratic Party that doesn’t do dumb **** like call pregnant women “birthing people”, and chooses to focus its messaging on popular ideas like healthcare, wages, labor rights and anti-corruption. 

But we’ve got the old-tired Clinton era jerkoffs still running for office, who are staffed by young out of touch knuckleheads from Ivy League schools, and it’s just an all around mess on messaging and party identity.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Yes, Mcauliffe is a weak candidate who ran a weak campaign.  But there’s a lot of folks who only voted Biden because he wasn’t Trump.  Since that time, inflation is roaring and the Dems have no answers.  Whether they can actually do anything about it is besides the point.  Most don’t care about that, they just know gas is almost $4 a gallon and groceries are through the roof, and the Dems are in control.  Recipe for disaster.

Why the Dems gave it to Terry is beyond me.  If things don’t get better, it will be a bloodbath for Dems in 22. So huge of a victory that even if Dems win in 24;it won’t be enough to give Dems control again.  Also, alot of those winning gopers in 22; will be of the trumpy kind.

Also, Biden is only President because of Trump. I would say a majority of Joe’s vote was people voting against Trump vs people actually voting for Joe.

Edited by Rdskns2000

31 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I don’t know how you stop this. He ran on an imaginary issue, it doesn’t even exist. And it was enough to win in what had become a reliably blue state. 

Better candidates for Dems.  I dont even remember who ran against Terry in the primary, was he unopposed because he was governor before?

Dems took this state for granted like it was Cali and we are paying for it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That was me.  I’d gone my whole life with a “I will only vote FOR someone, not AGAINST someone.”  I abandoned that principle in 2020 to vote against Trump.  And I said at that point that it was up to Dems to win me over because I wouldn’t do that again.  They haven’t done anything to hold onto me so far.  I wouldn’t vote GOP (on the national level) but nothing is motivating for me to come out for the Dems.  Based solely of the commercials and messaging I had seen/heard, I’d have at least considered voting for Youngkin.  No way would I have gotten off the couch for McAuliffe.

Dems got some major issues to work on.  But I don’t think they will fix it.

• Like 1

Just now, Cooked Crack said:

Like this is new?  Dems can't even get their ducks in a row on what their policy position is.  Don't blame the GOP for winning elections based on weaksauce race baiting and culture wars.  Dems lost to that weak ass campaign.  Think what that says about the Democratic party and their lack of coherent position right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1