Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Stadium News?

RichmondRedskin88

56 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I still think Bezos is going to buy the team and create a new city around the mega entertainment complex and do it in a way that will create his own workforce within it.

Bezos is not even interested in this pidly money.  He could buy the entire NFL.  

8 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I still think Bezos is going to buy the team and create a new city around the mega entertainment complex and do it in a way that will create his own workforce within it.

Imagine creating a second Amazon campus in DC around RFK connected to the one in Crystal City. That'd be pretty damn sweet to see that part of NE/SE DC fixed up

Edited by Barry.Randolphe

Been saying for awhile now that i know people want Dc but I dont see it happening especially with VA offering a billion dollars. Another point brought up to me as well is DC has a height restriction on buildings and getting a new state of the art stadium under that would be tough.

58 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

If DC/MD/VA residents won't pay for the stadium, then soon we'll be hearing Roger Goodell on the podium:

"For the first pick in the 2027 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Commanders pick..."

Not gonna happen. Washington is way too important of an NFL market for them to do that. Theres numerous reports of the NFL being upset with Dan and his erosion of the fan base because of how important the market is. VA is practically already offering a billion dollars and it will be passed with support from both sides its pretty much done. So they arent going anywhere.

45 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Not gonna happen. Washington is way too important of an NFL market for them to do that. Theres numerous reports of the NFL being upset with Dan and his erosion of the fan base because of how important the market is. VA is practically already offering a billion dollars and it will be passed with support from both sides its pretty much done. So they arent going anywhere.

You're probably right, but the Loudoun board of supervisors just voted against using public money for a stadium 6 to 1.

2 hours ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Why not? LA Rams moved to St. Louis and Raiders moved back to Oakland in 1995 and LA was without a team for 20 years.  Los Angeles was every bit as important as an NFL market.

I'm not saying it will happen or is even likely at this point.  But history shows it's not impossible.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LightningBuggs said:

Why not? LA Rams moved to St. Louis and Raiders moved back to Oakland in 1995 and LA was without a team for 20 years.  Los Angeles was every bit as important as an NFL market.

I'm not saying it will happen or is even likely at this point.  But history shows it's not impossible.

The league has always struggled in that market. Hell the rams just won the super bowl and it looked like barely anybody showed up for the parade. How many show up to parade if  we won a super bowl?

23 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I think nfl would love to have Dan move then bring WASHINGTON back as an expansion team with brand new owner and Stadium. 

Dan moving the team isn't going to fix anything. It's just passing the trash to another city. They want him gone, but is a hard to prove hand grab under a table of a leg enough to do it?

Sure this recent incident occurred on top of everything else that we know, but the other stuff we know is likely worse.

On 2/19/2022 at 9:47 AM, skinfan2k said:

Bezos is not even interested in this pidly money.  He could buy the entire NFL.  

Actually why buy an nfl team. He could fund his own 8 team league. Pay players salaries equivalent to the nfl and get the top players coming out of college and in the nfl. He could do what the original usfl did in the 80’s except he could actually go head to head in the fall.

The BFL - Bezos football league 

West- San Diego, Seattle, Chicago, Dallas

East- Washington, New York, St. Louis,

Orlando

A 10 game season Sept-Nov. Top 4 teams in playoffs in early December.

As the league grows, you add teams and expand the season.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

4 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Actually why buy an nfl team. He could fund his own 8 team league. Pay players salaries equivalent to the nfl and get the top players coming out of college and in the nfl. He could do what the original usfl did in the 80’s except he could actually go head to head in the fall.

The BFL - Bezos football league 

West- San Diego, Seattle, Chicago, Dallas

East- Washington, New York, St. Louis,

Orlando

A 10 game season Sept-Nov. Top 4 teams in playoffs in early December.

As the league grows, you add teams and expand the season.

Then he should have bought the XFL. 

4 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

So, BFE, Virginia. This is the sort of savvy, shrewd business acumen Snyder is known for--the kind that got him booted off the 6 Flags Board. This should work out just fine.

The stadium is going to be a small part of what they're going to build, so it doesn't need to be close to anything. 

22 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

The stadium is going to be a small part of what they're going to build, so it doesn't need to be close to anything. 

Yeah, it's going to be a large complex or something right? One of the locations is Potomac Shores...near Quantico. 33 mi and ~51 minutes (per Google Maps) from the DC city center. Three times the distance of Fed Ex current location. The others? Dumfires (~33mi) Woodbridge (~22mi). In addition, you have to deal with the mixing bowl. That's going to eliminate anyone north of Alexandria from going to a game. Woodbridge is 45 mins right now from my house in Potomac, on game day, what 2 hours? 3?

Edited by Riggo#44

39 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Yeah, it's going to be a large complex or something right? One of the locations is Potomac Shores...near Quantico. 33 mi and ~51 minutes (per Google Maps) from the DC city center. Three times the distance of Fed Ex current location. The others? Dumfires (~33mi) Woodbridge (~22mi). In addition, you have to deal with the mixing bowl. That's going to eliminate anyone north of Alexandria from going to a game. Woodbridge is 45 mins right now from my house in Potomac, on game day, what 2 hours? 3?

People will travel if the team is good and it has a great game day experience. Sounds like there will be a ton to do, besides get drunk in a parking lot (which I'm a big fan of). That will make it worth it and Sunday traffic shouldn't be as bad.

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

People will travel if the team is good and it has a great game day experience. Sounds like there will be a ton to do, besides get drunk in a parking lot (which I'm a big fan of). That will make it worth it and Sunday traffic shouldn't be as bad.

And therein lies another problem--what makes you think this organization is going to get the game day experience right? What have they gotten right anywhere?

How much will there be to do if I don't drink or gamble? What is a Monday night or a Thursday game going to look like? I can see it now--it'll be worse attended by actual Commander fans than FedEx. Putting it all the way out by the Occquan is idiotic--which is right up Snyder's alley.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

And therein lies another problem--what makes you think this organization is going to get the game day experience right? What have they gotten right anywhere?

How much will there be to do if I don't drink or gamble? What is a Monday night or a Thursday game going to look like? I can see it now--it'll be worse attended by actual Commander fans than FedEx. Putting it all the way out by the Occquan is idiotic--which is right up Snyder's alley.

What Commander fans? Nobody cares about you. That should be pretty obvious by now. Vegas and LA didn't build huge entertainment stadiums for their own fanbase. They built it for football fans and whoever else they can run through there. It's about money, not appeasing a dead fanbase. 

They said in the last video, they don't care what name we want and it's not about football. It's about entertainment dollars.

FedEx Field was a coffin meboy. It's over.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Oh they'll get the gameday experience right...if by 'gameday experience' you mean the new stadium will have:

Overpriced, watery beer

Stale peanuts (preferably from a defunct airline)

Outrageous parking prices, even one mile from the stadium

Poor plumbing

Collapsible railings

Toe-grabbing turf field, perfect for tearing ACLs and MCLs

Tarped-over seats in the upper deck

Non-working elevators

Jammed toilets

Idiot owner dancing in his luxury box

• Haha 2