Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

1 hour ago, DJHJR86 said:

Who did not have their best player on the field in Devin White.

One player? 

tenor.gif.ee80d86c3ba60229888d5a363ba3ff0a.gif

So you're saying if Devin White played in that game, he would have intercepted, broken up every throw and/or caused Heineke to **** himself? Come on man. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, joeken24 said:

One player? 

tenor.gif.ee80d86c3ba60229888d5a363ba3ff0a.gif

So you're saying if Devin White played in that game, he would have intercepted, broken up every throw and/or caused Heineke to **** himself? Come on man. 

No, we definitely would have won had he played.  It's not like he led his team in tackles in the next two games in the playoffs or anything.  

1 hour ago, DJHJR86 said:

No, we definitely would have won had he played.  It's not like he led his team in tackles in the next two games in the playoffs or anything.  

I mean Devin White is a beast but every teama has injuries, imagine if Antonio Gibson was still at full speed for that game

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

I mean Devin White is a beast but every teama has injuries, imagine if Antonio Gibson was still at full speed for that game

Gibson doesn't play defense.  That was the problem in that game.  

2 hours ago, DJHJR86 said:

Gibson doesn't play defense.  That was the problem in that game.  

Not all directed at you. 

Have to get the run defense to elite status, then we can start dreaming. You’d think the pieces are there to dominate the run game. 

My current thesis is to be an elite defense by today’s NFL standards, you must be a devastating run defense. To the level of treating run plays like sack yardage loss opportunities.

Not even to a yearly ranking standpoint, doesn’t matter if you’re top 5 run defense if that doesn’t provide results needed. I thought they were better in what I’ll call “run game playmaking” earlier on in the season. Meaning, making plays behind the line of scrimmage. 

If a defense can reach this status, then you have a chance against the elite pass offenses in the NFL lol. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Did you mean to say *wouldnt* have won? 

Sarcasm 

I don't think Heinicke would have totally crapped the bed had Devin White played in the game, but it IMO it would not have been as close going into the 4th quarter.

Edited by DJHJR86

16 hours ago, mistertim said:

Drops happen to every team and every QB in pretty much every game.

Not at that level, they don't.  It's all "ifs and buts" at this point, but the amount of drive killing drops where TH hit receivers in stride (looking at YOU, Cam Sims) and flat out just couldn't make a routine catch to keep drives alive, was absurd that game. 

47 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Yep, didn't Chris Godwin have multiple drops in the playoff game against us for Tampa? 

Yeah and that's mostly my point. We always cherry pick when it comes to our teams or our favorite players. But that stuff happens to everyone. "If Heinicke hadn't had some dropped balls he would have done [x]." Sure, and if Brady hadn't had some dropped balls he might have put up 50 points on us and we never would have been close.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have yet to witness Heineke not knowing where to go with ball. He has a great grasp of the offense and Devin has not been in the league long enough to trick a QB that know what they're doing. Heinike was able to manuever Todd Bowles' tricks. So to me Devin is irrelevant in that regard. He may have made some plays but he ain't causing a shutdown on his own. 

• Like 4

I have seen some games poorly officiated games in the past, but the  amount of holding that Tampa was allowed to get away with was incredible that night.Here’s a few pics that someone posted earlier. Not saying Washington would have won the game had it been officiated differently but Brady would have been a lot more uncomfortable.

50AC4CB1-B228-46A0-BFE7-4AED1A963BC2.png

C9CE93C8-F6C1-4807-9F1E-9758AAA16E40.png

DA0537C6-E36E-4D70-845D-61DB9D03A0FB.png

BFE6DDF3-8E2A-405C-8382-EA22F07018E2.png

Edited by Tarpon75
  • Like 4

On 7/3/2021 at 7:24 AM, mistertim said:

Yeah and that's mostly my point. We always cherry pick when it comes to our teams or our favorite players. But that stuff happens to everyone. "If Heinicke hadn't had some dropped balls he would have done [x]." Sure, and if Brady hadn't had some dropped balls he might have put up 50 points on us and we never would have been close.

Some times just watching tells you the story, you could clearly see the Bucs were the better team, but Washington wasn’t too far behind and Bucs could not deliver the knockout blow until very late. 

Don’t disagree about the cherry picking needing to go both ways. 

23 hours ago, Tarpon75 said:

I have seen some games poorly officiated games in the past, but the  amount of holding that Tampa was allowed to get away with was incredible that night.Here’s a few pics that someone posted earlier. Not saying Washington would have won the game had it been officiated differently but Brady would have been a lot more uncomfortable.

50AC4CB1-B228-46A0-BFE7-4AED1A963BC2.png

C9CE93C8-F6C1-4807-9F1E-9758AAA16E40.png

DA0537C6-E36E-4D70-845D-61DB9D03A0FB.png

BFE6DDF3-8E2A-405C-8382-EA22F07018E2.png

Brady was so close to his interior lineman on drop backs throughout the game, makes me wonder if that was the plan… devote help with interior guys and make officials make calls on the outside. 

Also why it was A Payne day!

Edited by wit33

That Tampa game was extremely maddening. I get bad calls. Its part of the game. But when you watch that game, you'll notice the timing of calls. It very easy to call holding on every play. But when you call holding on 3rd down, I look closer. We had two 3rd down calls that pretty much stopped reasonable good drives. That is the hidden yardage that kills. Its also a sneaky way to create momentum. That game was total bull**** from an officiating standpoint. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 7/2/2021 at 11:50 AM, wit33 said:

I thought they were better in what I’ll call “run game playmaking” earlier on in the season. Meaning, making plays behind the line of scrimmage. 

That's about the time that Ionnaidis went down with injury for the season.  Getting him back in the rotation for run plays should help significantly.  I just hope he can stay healthy!

• Like 2

Here is my prediction. Heinicke wins the competition and is the starting quarter back. He takes the team through the first nine games undefeated, and in the tenth game is injured. Fitzmagic comes on in relief and leads the team to an undefeated regular season and a playoff win. In the second playoff game, Fitzmagic becomes Fritstragic, and a fully recovered Heinicke comes in to finish the game, save the win and continue on to an undefeated season and super bowl win. Sound farfetched? Anyone else remember the '72 Dolphins, Bob Griese and Earl Morrall?

"Morrall joined the Dolphins in 1972, having already played in the league for 16 years. Morrall had the talent to serve as the Miami starting quarterback, but the Dolphins had Griese already on the roster. Morrall may have been the greatest backup the Dolphins ever had, and he was the right guy to have in the 1972 Perfect Season. Stepping in for an injured Griese, Morrall would start nine games that year, winning all nine, and leading the team to the AFC Championship game. When he struggled in the first half of the game, Miami head coach Don Shula would pull Morrall and put Griese back into the lineup, and it is Griese, who won that game and Super Bowl VII, completing the only undefeated Super Bowl championship team,that is remembered as the quarterback for the team."

https://www.thephinsider.com/2012/5/28/3047552/miami-dolphins-all-time-depth-chart-second-string-quarterback

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ODU AGGIE said:

Here is my prediction. Heinicke wins the competition and is the starting quarter back. He takes the team through the first nine games undefeated, and in the tenth game is injured. Fitzmagic comes on in relief and leads the team to an undefeated regular season and a playoff win. In the second playoff game, Fitzmagic becomes Fritstragic, and a fully recovered Heinicke comes in to finish the game, save the win and continue on to an undefeated season and super bowl win. Sound farfetched? Anyone else remember the '72 Dolphins, Bob Griese and Earl Morrall?

"Morrall joined the Dolphins in 1972, having already played in the league for 16 years. Morrall had the talent to serve as the Miami starting quarterback, but the Dolphins had Griese already on the roster. Morrall may have been the greatest backup the Dolphins ever had, and he was the right guy to have in the 1972 Perfect Season. Stepping in for an injured Griese, Morrall would start nine games that year, winning all nine, and leading the team to the AFC Championship game. When he struggled in the first half of the game, Miami head coach Don Shula would pull Morrall and put Griese back into the lineup, and it is Griese, who won that game and Super Bowl VII, completing the only undefeated Super Bowl championship team,that is remembered as the quarterback for the team."

https://www.thephinsider.com/2012/5/28/3047552/miami-dolphins-all-time-depth-chart-second-string-quarterback

:ols:

FreeVerifiableChital-size_restricted.gif

• Haha 4