Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep.  And we've relied on 17 points for the last two wins.  You have to score to win.  You aren't going to grind your way to every victory.  You got to put up points in this league eventually. 

That's why they have to upgrade the Offense in the offseason. with a QB and RB at the minimum.

Washington’s defense gave it a chance: With little help from the offense most of the day, Washington’s defense did its best to keep the game from getting out of hand. Defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio’s unit held the top-ranked Cowboys offense to fewer than 350 total yards for only the third time this season and below its season average of 29.4 points despite being forced to defend short fields on multiple occasions. Washington intercepted Dak Prescott twice, including a pick-six by linebacker Cole Holcomb in the fourth quarter that pulled Washington within 27-20.

The defense made its share of mistakes, in the form of costly penalties and dropped picks, but it played well enough to win. Washington was without its top four defensive ends because of injuries and covid protocols, but it still managed to sack Prescott four times and limit Ezekiel Elliott to 45 yards on 12 carries.

Running game never gets going: During its four-game winning streak, Washington dominated time of possession with a ball-control offense that relied heavily on running back Antonio Gibson and converting third downs. Gibson, who was averaging 23.8 carries since the bye week, had only six yards on four attempts in the first quarter. He finished with 10 carries for 36 yards and a lost fumble on a third-quarter catch that led to a Cowboys field goal.

Washington couldn’t stay on the field, with only one drive longer than five plays in the first half. Wide receiver Terry McLaurin was held without a catch and left the game early in the second half with a concussion. Washington was 3 of 14 on third down while Dallas converted on 7 of its 18 attempts. The result was an almost nine-minute advantage in time of possession for the Cowboys.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/12/12/washington-football-team-dallas-cowboys/

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

No one deserves to be defended in a loss like this, no one.  The defense gets picked apart all the time for not getting stops when we need them, penalties that extend drives, and dropping easy interceptions. 

They did all that today, i dont care if they played well enough to in a game like this because we didn't, we lost, so trying to give them a pass like they had nothing to do with this is getting on my nerves.

Stop saying they played well enough to win when we didn't win, it means they didnt.

I mean...technically yes they certainly had something to do with the loss since they gave up points. But again, they allowed less points than Dallas was averaging. Did you really expect us to hold possibly the most potent offense in the NFL to 10 points or less? That was never going to happen. Holding them to 20 points is actually pretty good. Obviously not good enough to ovecome the fact that our offense was a complete joke though.

If a team scores 40 points but loses 42-40 are you really going to blame the offense and defense equally?

6 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Heinike had two bad weeks in a row. I'm not sure if it's his line falling apart, the pressure getting to him, or the NFL developing a book on how to play him. Could be a combo of all three.

He won against the Raiders, but still had a bad game in terms of accuracy. Too many of his balls were high. In Vegas, his receivers bailed him out. Today, they couldn't. To be fair, his receivers also dropped a few catchable ones to make him look even worse, but he struggled big time today.

Yeah, it was a terrible game by Heinicke today.  To me, I think he fits in that group of qbs that plays poorly once they receive some big hits.  He doesn’t set himself to throw and doesn’t have anywhere near the arm strength to get away with that, which of course causes a lot of inaccurate passes.  On top of that, he tends to force the ball when he feels like he needs to make a play.  Looked to me that Dallas also did a good job taking away the middle of the field - Heinicke’s strength.

To be fair to him, not having McKissick in pass pro or as an outlet hurt, Leno and Lucas struggle against good pass rushers, Leno going down didn’t help, the run game sucked, we went down 18-0 in the 1st, and Dallas was just a wrecking ball on defense.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Cowboy Clay who calls into to 980 for years, he's a dude that's a long-time Cowboy fan who loves to rub it in.  He called in today and said you guys were decimated, yet still put up a fight and should hold up your head high.  I agree.  Look if the game ended the way it started, i'd feel differently but they fought back and were outmanned by a mile. 

It's going to take a minute, but maybe I'll get there.  That was a wing and prayer TD that Taylor threw and an impossible to miss pick-6 that Dal threw. 

It felt more like Dallas was letting their guard down then us really storming back with adjustments and better execution, but Dallas set the tone in the first quarter and won the game in 15 minutes of play. 

We didn't come correct to start this game at all knowing what was coming, and I just cannot get over that.  Its the biggest reason I'm pissed at Rivera right now, blaming this lose jus on the players or one player in particular doesn't do this loss justice. 

If were going to say they fought back, then we need to agree they didn't fight to start this game and that was the difference, it was over in the first quarter because of it, and thats unacceptable in context of knowing Dallas was coming in to fight us and embarrass us.

It’s almost like some folks didn’t watch the past 4 games we won.  We bought Taylor some time effectively running the football which created passing lanes for him.  We never established the run today and he’s just not a guy that’s going to win games that way.

What happened today was exactly what I was afraid was going to happen.  I guess that’s why I’m not shocked and appalled at the outcome.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, bh32 said:

That's why they have to upgrade the Offense in the offseason. with a QB and RB at the minimum.

No doubt IMO, maybe a #2 receiver.

Think of our receivers today versus theirs?

Terry, Sims-Brown, Humphries versus Gallup, Lamb, Cooper.

Dak versus Heinicke?

It's a joke.

Then pass rush Lawrence-Gregory-Parsons versus Wise-Bradley-King-K. Toney.  Another joke.

This wasn't on the coaches.  the Cowboys talent disparity was beyond just big -- it was a joke.  Yet we hung with them at the end.  If we get closer to full strength, heck I like our chances in Dallas.   We are already out Chase and Thomas for the season.  It is what it is.  But getting Sweat back and McKissic and hopefully Cosmi I think will make a tremendous difference.

As for next year we IMO also need a #2 receiver.  With Terry out, at one point in the game our weapons were all undrafted FAs:  Cam Sims, D. Carter, Seals-Jones.   That's comical.  I am watching the 49ers game after our game where they got Samuel, Aiyuk, Kittle, etc -- wow.    

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

If kirk cousins wasnt the answer no chance in hell heinicke is the answer period. We cant wait for other teams to underperform to win...heinicke cant take this team on his back and thats what you need in todays nfl. We were fine without him in the second half....its a fact his physical limitations are too much to overcome Maybe of a legion of boom defense existed he might be able to win but this loss was on heinicke, no int that led to a td and no fumble for a td we win period.

• Like 1

There isn't enough talent on offense. We have little to no resources invested in it. We have one first round pick on that side of the ball and he plays G. Our QB is an UDFA who was an XFL backup. Our RB was a college WR. Our best WR was a 3rd round pick(albeit he is good if not very good but he's not elite). Our other WR expensive FA signing is just starting to recover from injury. Our starting TE(who is not even playing now due to injury) was a college QB. There is no pedigree of elite talent on this offense and it shows.

There might only be two or three QBs in the league that could have won with what we trotted out there today.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

No doubt IMO, maybe a #2 receiver.

Think of our receivers today versus theirs?

Terry, Sims-Brown, Humphries versus Gallup, Lamb, Cooper.

Dak versus Heinicke?

It's a joke.

Then pass rush Lawrence-Gregory-Parsons versus Wise-Bradley-King-K. Toney.  Another joke.

This wasn't on the coaches.  the Cowboys talent disparity was beyond just big -- it was a joke.  Yet we hung with them at the end.  If we get a full closer to strength, heck I like our chances in Dallas.   We are already out Chase and Thomas for the season.  It is what it is.  But getting Sweat back and McKissic and hopefully Cosmi I think will make a tremendous difference.

As for next year we IMO also need a #2 receiver.  With Terry out, at one point in the game our weapons were all undrafted FAs:  Cam Sims, D. Carter, Seals-Jones.    

With both teams at full strength i think WFT is close to Dallas in Talent..I know i Have gotten Chase Young this year,But im just frustrated  that he had a sophomore slump..Fix the Offense with a upgrade in QB,RB and maybe another receiver the Offseason and see what happens..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It's going to take a minute, but maybe I'll get there.  That was a wing and prayer TD that Taylor threw and an impossible to miss pick-6 that Dal threw. 

It felt more like Dallas was letting their guard down then us really storming back with adjustments and better execution, but Dallas set the tone in the first quarter and won the game in 15 minutes of play. 

We didn't come correct to start this game at all knowing what was coming, and I just cannot get over that.  Its the biggest reason I'm pissed at Rivera right now, blaming this lose jus on the players or one player in particular doesn't do this loss justice. 

If were going to say they fought back, then we need to agree they didn't fight to start this game and that was the difference, it was over in the first quarter because of it, and thats unacceptable in context of knowing Dallas was coming in to fight us and embarrass us.

Dak versus Taylor

Gallup-Cooper-Lamb versus Terry-D. Brown-Humphries and at some point it was Cam Sims-Brown-Humphries.

Lawrence-Parsons-Gregory versus Wise-Bradley-King-S. Toney

the whole matchup was a joke.   Dallas running on full cylinders and us running on fumes after a COVID outbreak.  When the D line started going down this weekend, the Vegas line went from 4.5 to 6.5 just like that.  That doesn't happen that often. 

And we turnover the ball 4 times.  And it still comes down to one score?  

IMO the reason why the rout was on early was the turnovers.  You can't keep giving the ball up and expect not to get blown out.  But they IMO were seriously deficient against a better rested team.

i can't prove it outside of a comment I made in the game thread where I said this doesn't feel good.  But I text'd my brother in law several times saying dude we are going to get killled today.  It felt like the perfect storm.  At the same time I told him, if we got healthier i think we can win in Dallas.  I still feel that way. 

1 minute ago, bh32 said:

With both teams at full strength i think WFT is close to Dallas in Talent..I know i Have gotten Chase Young this year,But im just frustrated  that he had a sophomore slump..Fix the Offense with a upgrade in QB,RB and maybe another receiver the Offseason and see what happens..

I agree.  We need Thomas and Chase and Sweat and a healthy Samuel.  QB IMO is the main difference fully healthy.    

Edited by Skinsinparadise

14 minutes ago, mistertim said:

If a team scores 40 points but loses 42-40 are you really going to blame the offense and defense equally?

Scoring 40 points on offense is not the same as allowing 20 points on defense.  

I feel like I'm derailing this thread continuing to be pissed at everything about this franchise right now, this is the wrong place for it obviously.

We should all be angry, but we arent, so Dallas fans taking over our stadium doesn't surprise me, either.

45 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Heinike had two bad weeks in a row. I'm not sure if it's his line falling apart, the pressure getting to him, or the NFL developing a book on how to play him. Could be a combo of all three.

He won against the Raiders, but still had a bad game in terms of accuracy. Too many of his balls were high. In Vegas, his receivers bailed him out. Today, they couldn't. To be fair, his receivers also dropped a few catchable ones to make him look even worse, but he struggled big time today.

I just don't think he's that good.  

What makes up for it is that he battles.  Battles, battles, battles.  And gets the most out of his abilities.  And from time to time, he can make a THROW.  Like, a THROW that'll make you say DAMN.  

But when he's overmatched he can't escape his limitations.  

32 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

No one deserves to be defended in a loss like this, no one.  The defense gets picked apart all the time for not getting stops when we need them, penalties that extend drives, and dropping easy interceptions. 

They did all that today, i dont care if they played well enough to in a game like this because we didn't, we lost, so trying to give them a pass like they had nothing to do with this is getting on my nerves.

Stop saying they played well enough to win when we didn't win, it means they didnt.

So if you broke your arm, you'd get a body cast?

If your cars alternator died, you'd replace the engine?

Your take is absurd. The Oline had a bad first half. WRs dropped a couple balls. AG fumbled. Taylor lost the game for us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

So if you broke your arm, you'd get a body cast?

If your cars alternator died, you'd replace the engine?

These takes are absurd.

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Your take is absurd. The Oline had a bad first half. WRs dropped a couple balls. AG fumbled. Taylor lost the game for us.

Your listing a couple things that happened to make your point that defense deserves to be off the hook here.  Theres a difference between saying they had a good game vs having nothing to do with this loss.

I didn't expect Wash to win and being without key players made game planning more difficult, but Dallas guaranteed a victory brought their own benches in, filled half the stadium with their own fans and then proceeded to punch us right in the throat. We got our ass kicked in the 1st quarter and embarrassed. I realize the game has changed, but you still have to respond in a physical way and rip their head off until they understand you won't be embarassed

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

But that doesn't mean we're always going to beat more talented teams.  Just because we beat more talented teams didn't mean we were going to win today.

We might of if we started the game the way some are claiming we finished it.  We had all week to get ready for this, no excuse for that start.

4 minutes ago, DEASkins said:

I didn't expect Wash to win and being without key players made game planning more difficult, but Dallas guaranteed a victory brought their own benches in, filled half the stadium with their own fans and then proceeded to punch us right in the throat. We got our ass kicked in the 1st quarter and embarrassed. I realize the game has changed, but you still have to respond in a physical way and rip their head off until they understand you won't be embarassed

How do you do that? We tried "being physical" by running the ball up the gut and got like 0-1 yards per carry everytime. Dallas dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides. What exactly does "rip their head off" mean? Should our guys be resorting to dirty late hit type tactics? The Cowboys were better and they whooped us. Simple as that. Lick our wounds and try to bounce back in Philly next week.

Too many people here confuse effort with ability.

Edited by Warhead36
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

But that doesn't mean we're always going to beat more talented teams.  Just because we beat more talented teams didn't mean we were going to win today.

Losing to a more talented team wasn't what was embarrassing it was being manhandled by Dallas and not being ready for the physicality of their front seven in the 1st quarter of play