Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

My theory about Washington fans and quarterback controversies is proving correct.

We could have Aaron Rodgers and it still wouldn't be good enough for some of you.  QB controversies is all this team has known for over 25 years now.  Guy throws for 3 touchdowns and 290 yards yesterday and some of you just can't sit back and say "Damn, the guy had a good game and we won."

We've had 25+ years of quarterback controversies.  It's all we know.  It's all that some of you guys want to do.  

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, zskins said:

Could you image if our own ****ing D was unstoppable how many more points would be on the board by TH and company? Let that sink in first. 

Is this the defense thread? 

51 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Does anyone realistically think this team is 2-2 with Fitzpatrick?  Alex Smith?  Kyle Allen?  

Smith was 8-5 as our QB, so yes I do, although it would have been boring wins. Allen gives us about the same person and Fitz I think we're 3-1.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, srtman04 said:

Fitz looked terrible in pre-season and right before he went down.   I don't think so.  

The Chargers DL had no concern whatsoever for his mobility either.  People talk about the OLine playing better.  I wonder if maybe it's the fear of TH using his legs that is making it seem as if they're playing better.  I'm sure they've cleaned up a few things but DCs can't just send bodies at TH.  His legs are his super power.  He can make them pay for it.  His timely scrambles kept the offense in the game yesterday.  

I know for sure that Flowers is horrible at run blocking.  Damn he sucks!  Not bad on pass pro but whenever we're in short yardage it's always his man who makes the play.  

• Like 1

The other thing to consider about the duck touchdown and the two near-interceptions is that for years and through so many QBs whether it was Cousins or Smith or Haskins or whomever, the fanbase was begging for QBs to give our receivers a chance. I remember Gruden voicing frustration that Cousins would never take a chance unless the game was falling out of reach. Overall, our QBs have been so risk averse that the idea of a 50:50 ball was alien. Yesterday, when Heinicke threw those almost-picks, he was giving his receivers a chance to be big time. One resulted in a touchdown and two fell harmlessly to the ground. So, given that these high risk passes are supposed to be 50:50 the fact that none went against us yet is okay.

So, the question is what is your risk tolerance? At some point, the coin flip will land on tails. Right now, I'd say Heinike is fine with his decision making as to how often he should launch these ducks. It will bite him at some point, but still, it's good to see a QB willing to flip the coin.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

The problem I have Captain Obvious is that no one here has been posting "wow! did you see that 20 yard out that TH threw on a rope?!?!"  The same posters keep beating the same dead horse over and over.  

The same dead horse??? 🤣  It's been 4 weeks, 5 if you include the playoff game from last year.  You better put your big boy boots on or head for another forum if you are this exasperated after 4 weeks.  THIS is never going to end.  At least not until it's another QB we are talking about.

8 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

If feels like you're talking down to us.  Like we don't have eyes or this is the first time we've ever watched someone trying to play QB in the NFL.  We know his shortcomings. 

This sounds like a personal problem.  

I also disagree entirely, as I've seen plenty of reaches in regards to defending Heineke's throws by some posters here.  Reaches that I don't even think TH himself would make.  That lead me to believe that some folks are just seeing what they want to see and if it was Fitz or any QB of the past here making those throws, they wouldn't be defending them.  

14 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

We're just trying to enjoy what little success we've been given and we don't need you guys going "yeah..but" all the time.  It's tiresome and played out.  We're going to enjoy this ride as long as it lasts. 

Again, it's been 4 weeks.  

Just as you think any criticism is tired and played out, the other side finds the constant whining about criticism and the artificial 'hate' narratives being developed about Heineke are rather sad.  Every week, win or lose, there are folks making up things to be mad about, talking about how 'everyone' is 'hating' when nobody is hating.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

18 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

I know for sure that Flowers is horrible at run blocking.    

I assume this incorrect take comes from the one blown 4rth down play yesterday, when an excellent player got the jump on him to get to the backfield, because Flowers is a road grader in the run game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

The other thing to consider about the duck touchdown and the two near-interceptions is that for years and through so many QBs whether it was Cousins or Smith or Haskins or whomever, the fanbase was begging for QBs to give our receivers a chance. I remember Gruden voicing frustration that Cousins would never take a chance unless the game was falling out of reach. Overall, our QBs have been so risk averse that the idea of a 50:50 ball was alien. Yesterday, when Heinicke threw those almost-picks, he was giving his receivers a chance to be big time. One resulted in a touchdown and two fell harmlessly to the ground. So, given that these high risk passes are supposed to be 50:50 the fact that none went against us yet is okay.

So, the question is what is your risk tolerance? At some point, the coin flip will land on tails. Right now, I'd say Heinike is fine with his decision making as to how often he should launch these ducks. It will bite him at some point, but still, it's good to see a QB willing to flip the coin.

I want to add a couple things to this.

1. After looking at the late TD pass to Terry, if TH doesn't get his arm hit, that is a much better looking throw, and it was actually single coverage, not double. Looks like the safety was able to get close late, but only because the ball hung up. If this is on time, probably same result, just looks much better.

2. DB's play DB because they don't have great hands. We have a couple guys (if Logan is not hurt long term) I trust to makes those kinds of plays. Go for it.

3. As you mentioned, we've had risk adverse QB's for a long time, and when you DON'T have a good/great Defense, guys like Alex Smith will loose games in the worse way. By not trying to win. I'm sick of that.

4. TH will have some tough days. He will likely have another game like Buffalo, where the D can't stop anything (par for the course) and we don't have the horses to keep up. And it will result in INT's. I'm fine with this, as opposed to the Alex Smith way. Punting 10 times and having no pass go over 8 yards for the day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Smith was 8-5 as our QB, so yes I do, although it would have been boring wins. Allen gives us about the same person and Fitz I think we're 3-1.

Alex Smith never won a game where the opposing team scored more than 17 points, so we would be 0-4 with him.  There is no way in hell this team is 3-1 with Fitzpatrick as the starter.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 hours ago, Califan007 said:

What a great video clip. All the time, his eyes are downfield scanning for the open receiver while feeling the pressure and moving to his left, still scanning until finally turning to look for the outlet to McKissic. Textbook training video for young QBs.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

My theory about Washington fans and quarterback controversies is proving correct.

We could have Aaron Rodgers and it still wouldn't be good enough for some of you.  QB controversies is all this team has known for over 25 years now.  Guy throws for 3 touchdowns and 290 yards yesterday and some of you just can't sit back and say "Damn, the guy had a good game and we won."

We've had 25+ years of quarterback controversies.  It's all we know.  It's all that some of you guys want to do.  

I disagree. 

We've never had a QB of ARod's caliber here.  Hes an elite future HOFer and been doing it over a decade.

We have been fighting over crumbs, but we all know fine wine when we see it.

This controversy really boils down to money, we poking holes in Taylor because of folks not ready to commit to him and that clock is ticking.  Its Kirk all over again, and neither him or Taylor is ARod.  Not even close.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I’m certain that if you go to Packers forums, there are folks that are critical of him.  Every week, win or lose.  We even had a Packers fan here that was saying he was ready to move on from him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I disagree. 

We've never had a QB of ARod's caliber here.  Hes an elite future HOFer and been doing it over a decade.

We have been fighting over crumbs, but we all know fine wine when we see it.

This controversy really boils down to money, we poking holes in Taylor because of folks not ready to commit to him and that clock is ticking.  Its Kirk all over again, and neither him or Taylor is ARod.  Not even close.

I'd be happy.  You'd be happy.  But there's a contingent of fans out there that are never happy.  

Win the Superbowl?  21-14?  They'll be upset that we gave up 14 points.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, petey hodge said:

It will be like last year... we'll be 2-6 and on life support after that run (but a bunch of NFCE games to harvest after that). 

but I bet we steal one in the next four.

The difference between this year and last year though is that Dallas is much better.

A strong run to finish 7 and 9 isn't going to do it this year.

I suspect we'll get better as the year progresses (Rivera's teams usually do)  but this defense has problems that only an off season can fix and going into that 5 game stretch i suspect we'll be so far below .500 that a good run will only cost us draft position.

I wish I could summon some optimism but this defense Is as bad as I've ever seen and I'm just tired of the false hope because of a few ugly wins against bad teams.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I assume this incorrect take comes from the one blown 4rth down play yesterday, when an excellent player got the jump on him to get to the backfield, because Flowers is a road grader in the run game.

Nope, go back and look at short yardage plays.  Always Flowers that fails.  True confession, I have Gibson on my fantasy team.  So I pay extra special attention on short yardage.  Flowers is huge.  I don't think he wants to get beat.  He's just slow off the ball and that gets him in trouble on those short yardage deals.  That said, he's an animal on pass pro.  I have seen him de-cleat several pass rushers and blitzers.  

Next year, I believe the FO will be in the market for a LG.  Hell, if Scherff can't stay healthy maybe two!  

17 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

It's awesome having the best QB ever who is beyond being able to observe any possible flaws. I bet we win every game with him.

It's awesome to have a QB that tries to win games, despite not being Arron Rodgers. Especially when you have a defense that doesn't seem to be trying to do that.

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, ODU AGGIE said:

What a great video clip. All the time, his eyes are downfield scanning for the open receiver while feeling the pressure and moving to his left, still scanning until finally turning to look for the outlet to McKissic. Textbook training video for young QBs.

This. We haven't had a QB in the last ten years that could actually read his progressions correctly (other than alex smith but obviously he got hurt). Even cousins lacked in this department imo

Edited by ZarG3

14 hours ago, mistertim said:

I think we should give some credit to Terry and McKissic for today as well. Two of those TDs were mostly them.

For some reason, some people want to discredit TH as much as possible for anything he does on the field

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

Nope, go back and look at short yardage plays.  Always Flowers that fails.  True confession, I have Gibson on my fantasy team.  So I pay extra special attention on short yardage.  Flowers is huge.  I don't think he wants to get beat.  He's just slow off the ball and that gets him in trouble on those short yardage deals.  That said, he's an animal on pass pro.  I have seen him de-cleat several pass rushers and blitzers.  

Next year, I believe the FO will be in the market for a LG.  Hell, if Scherff can't stay healthy maybe two!  

Anyone have a PFF account?  I'll bet Flowers grade on run blocking is not very good.

1 minute ago, ananoman said:

For some reason, some people want to discredit TH as much as possible for anything he does on the field

Honestly, I don't know if McKissic finds that gear, or makes that dive if there is another QB out there other than TH. Guys play for him like no other QB I've seen here in a long time.

Yeah, I said it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Agreed. He's easy to cheer for and exciting to watch.

I'm only using this as an example of what's really going on here.

You've been critical and skeptical of TH overall, but also credit him with being easy to root for and exciting to watch.  I think this is where many of us are, that get labeled 'haters'.  I'm not sure the guy truly has any haters, as there's nothing to hate.  Anything he gives us is a bonus.  Love everything about his story, his moxie, and his post game interview tugged on my heart strings.  

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1