Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Signs Lamar Miller from Bears Practice Squad per NBC Sports

Reaper Skins

More at link

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/16/washington-signs-lamar-miller-off-bears-practice-squad/

I remember alot of people comparing his stats to Alfred Morris when they both came out in 2012.  He strikes me as a well rounded, all around back who doesn't particularly excel in any one category.  Seems like a low risk signing with solid production that could help spell Barber and McKissic if we make a run for the playoffs

Look, were playing with house money letting Gibson rest and I feel its the right move. If you lose, maybe he'll be back for the final 2 games and honestly I dont feel we'll need him for Carolina. If we beat Seattle, you can basically rest him till philly. If Miller is even somewhat serviceable it'll be worth it..

Lets not forget Gibson didn't even have 100 touches in his entire college career, so that bump to the NFL and increase in touches, he proved to be quite durable despite the lack of service..

2 hours ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

Look, were playing with house money letting Gibson rest and I feel its the right move. If you lose, maybe he'll be back for the final 2 games and honestly I dont feel we'll need him for Carolina. If we beat Seattle, you can basically rest him till philly. If Miller is even somewhat serviceable it'll be worth it..

Lets not forget Gibson didn't even have 100 touches in his entire college career, so that bump to the NFL and increase in touches, he proved to be quite durable despite the lack of service..

Adding another workhorse back to bell cow and letting McKissick, Gibson and Barber keep their current roles (Barber could be replaced but I like him short yardage to be honest) is almost totally essential. Gibson is a guy that gets you a ton of production when fresh. Keep him that way.

He may evolve into an every down back like Kamara did, but Kamara’s start was with Ingram taking a lot of the touches. Follow that blueprint. 

7 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

He can’t suit up this week can he? Cause of the 6 day Covid protocols? Or is that only for free agents and not guys taken from a practice squad? I’ve gotten some people on twitter saying he can’t, and others telling me he can. I have no idea 

Everything I have seen says he cannot play this weekend.

20 hours ago, ILikeBilly said:

The RB from Maryland is is also available this week.  I don't think he saw the field last week.

I want to see him play a bit. He’s supposed to be a stud return man with some home run ability on offense and enough size to run between the tackles

47 minutes ago, method man said:

I want to see him play a bit. He’s supposed to be a stud return man with some home run ability on offense and enough size to run between the tackles

Javon Leake was a really good return man at Maryland.  I am not sure exactly what trait made him a great return man in college.  He is fast but nothing elite. He only ran a 4.65 at the combine in the forty which is very disappointing, but from watching him for 3 years at Maryland I can tell you he plays faster than that.

He shared the workload at running back with Anthony McFarland, the 4th round pick of the Steelers.   McFarland was faster, but I thought Leake was the better of the two running backs.  They could both hit the homerun but Leake was better at getting the 4 yard gains that keep you on schedule.  I would love to see Leake get some looks in the return and run game.  

4 hours ago, philibusters said:

Javon Leake was a really good return man at Maryland.  I am not sure exactly what trait made him a great return man in college.  He is fast but nothing elite. He only ran a 4.65 at the combine in the forty which is very disappointing, but from watching him for 3 years at Maryland I can tell you he plays faster than that.

He shared the workload at running back with Anthony McFarland, the 4th round pick of the Steelers.   McFarland was faster, but I thought Leake was the better of the two running backs.  They could both hit the homerun but Leake was better at getting the 4 yard gains that keep you on schedule.  I would love to see Leake get some looks in the return and run game.  

I think that 4.65 is why he went undrafted. It's a shame for him that Maryland had to cancel their Pro Day. I remember that Giants fans were disappointed when they released Leake

21 hours ago, Simmsy said:

If he can't play this week, that pretty much means that Gibson will be out for at least two weeks. I'm starting to wonder if Gibson will play at all the rest of the year.

I guess it depends on the severity of the turf toe.

Last I read, he working with the team, but not practicing with the starters when they are working on the gameplan.

I think if Washington makes the playoffs, he'll be available for that.

Archived