Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team at SanAz FranZona Football Team

TK

3 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

Why exactly is Alex so off thus far today? Pressure? Confusing coverages? He usually isn't this bad.

Knew it was something 😀

Seems like Ron kept him out to be cautious given how dominant the Defense looked. Should be back next Sunday. We need him.

As much as I hate to be picky about our defense on a day where they singlehandedly won the game for us, Del Rio definitely needs to speak with our defense about these stupid penalties on 3rd downs. 

That roughing the passer penalty on Montez Sweatt nearly cost us the game. We stopped them and we were going to get the ball back. Instead, we keep their drive alive, give them 15 yards and they go on to score a touchdown. Without that penalty, we would've gotten the ball back with a 23-7 lead. Game over.

Settles had a stupid Roughing penalty on 3rd down that we stopped that gave the Steelers a new set of downs last week. 

So how does it feel to root for a team that plays good professional football. Hard to release the demons of the past 20 years. But you can do it. We still have a few that focus on the 1 to 5% of the bad. But at some point you'll start hearing different questions coming the local media. You may see some the WP reporters changing their narrative. Positive energy bro. Makes for a great week.

4 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

As much as I hate to be picky about our defense on a day where they singlehandedly won the game for us, Del Rio definitely needs to speak with our defense about these stupid penalties on 3rd downs. 

That roughing the passer penalty Montez Sweatt nearly cost us the game. We stopped them and we were going to get the ball back. Instead, we keep their drive alive, give them 15 yards and they go on to score a touchdown. Without that penalty, we would've gotten the ball back with a 23-7 lead. Game over.

Settles had a stupid Roughing penalty on 3rd down that we stopped that gave the Steelers a new set of downs last week. 

We won against the defending NFC champs in an away game after beating an undefeated storied team on their home field. 

5 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

As much as I hate to be picky about our defense on a day where they singlehandedly won the game for us, but Del Rio definitely needs to speak with our defense about these stupid penalties on 3rd downs. 

That roughing the passer penalty Montez Sweatt nearly cost us the game. We stopped them and we were going to get the ball back. Instead, we keep their drive alive, give them 15 yards and they go on to score a touchdown. Without that penalty, we would've gotten the ball back with a 23-7 lead. Game over.

Coach Rivera said in the post game PC that Coach Del Rio was not happy about a number of things on defense today, and neither was he, despite the defense's dominant performance.

I like that.

Just because the defense was dominant and the main reason Washington won the game, they are not going to cut the players some slack and will hold them accountable for problems like 3rd downs and penalties.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

So he had that going into the game? If so it makes sense. Seemed uncharacteristically off.

Really seems like it. I wonder what impact the travel schedule may have had. Fly in yesterday, within 24 hours you're trying to ramp up and get ready to go. Might just not work for a leg under that level of stress.

Thankfully, we're home the next few weeks and then just bussing it up to Philly. I think he'll be fine.

18 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

We won against the defending NFC champs in an away game after beating an undefeated storied team on their home field. 

That means **** if we make it to the playoffs and get eliminated all because we kept a drive alive because of a stupid penalty on a 3rd down play that we stopped.

Settles Roughing penalty (after the play, last week) & Sweatts Roughing The Passer penalty's were boneheaded plays at crucial points of the game. 

And for the record, this game was in Arizona, not San Fran. And even if it was in San Fran (Like Pittsburgh), it wouldnt had been in front of a packed stadium in front of those team savage fans. Relax.....

21 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

The good news is the Seahawks defense isn't nearly as good as the 49ers defense.

Seattle did dominate today, but they were playing the Jets. 😆

I said earlier they would put 40 points up today and downplay the NY loss to a bad game. Only to get smacked down by another good NFC East Defense next week.

38 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I feel like we are arguably seeing some improvement at every position group on the offense except QB where we have no future at all. And, I hate to tell y’all this but, that’s not good. 

WR been stagnant.

I'd honestly be cool w/ replacing Sims (2x) Wright and Inman. let AGG and Harmon hang around w. an reloaded core. What we got is not gonna do it

10 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

That means **** if we make it to the playoffs and get eliminated all because we kept a drive alive because of a stupid penalty on a 3rd down play that we stopped.

Settles Roughing penalty (after the play, last week) & Sweatts Roughing The Passer penalty's were boneheaded plays at crucial points of the game. 

Have we been to the playoffs? No. So looking into a space you have no control over is exactly the mindset that a losing culture does. We no longer conduct losing culture tendencies. But some of our fans do. Always looking to see what other teams are doing. Always trying to find out where we are in next year's draft. Always looking at available FAs next year. Again, looking at one play in a win and assigning it to a game yet played.  Winning teams look at the film on tuesday and make the necessary adjustment/corrections. That's what winning football teams do. To me, this team does that. I go back to my analogy of Lebron James going home to a family reunion and one of his cousins reminding him that he beat LB in a one on one game (once) when they were little. Really? Dude this is now. Leave that **** in the past. Maybe that makes you feel better. But deep down, you know what it is. We here now! 

11 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

WR been stagnant.

I'd honestly be cool w/ replacing Sims (2x) Wright and Inman. let AGG and Harmon hang around w. an reloaded core. What we got is not gonna do it

I look forward to Sims Jr no longer being on this football team in '21. Aldrick Robinson lite beer

1 hour ago, SAli457180 said:

This game was basically decided by a booth review on a terrible pass by Haskins.  That said, this team just went 3-0 on a big "road" trip and is now in 1st place in the NFC East

Yep. We won despite Haskins's best efforts.

but if we didnt get that ticky-tack personal foul on Sweat the series earlier, no TD.   But the Defense gets nothing by praise today for posting (all) the TDs today

46 minutes ago, c slag said:

Anyone else watch this game with a winter storm warning on the TV screen the whole time?

Negative sir.

I live in Seattle... where it's rainy and crappy (just like in the movies)

36 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

WR been stagnant.

Wright is a rookie with the hybrid WR/RB versatility that Turner seems to covet (think Gibson / McKissic light).  My guess is that they give him time to develop because of his versatility.  I agree that replacing the others listed with upgrades would be a very good thing.  We need a serious threat at WR lined up opposite of Terry.    

42 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

Yep. We won despite Haskins's best efforts.

but if we didnt get that ticky-tack personal foul on Sweat the series earlier, no TD.   But the Defense gets nothing by praise today for posting (all) the TDs today

Negative sir.

I live in Seattle... where it's rainy and crappy (just like in the movies)

That wasn't ticky tacky the ball was way gone and it was a full on hit on the QB all be it not a hard one

1 hour ago, joeken24 said:

Have we been to the playoffs? No. So looking into a space you have no control over is exactly the mindset that a losing culture does. We no longer conduct losing culture tendencies. But some of our fans do. Always looking to see what other teams are doing. Always trying to find out where we are in next year's draft. Always looking at available FAs next year. Again, looking at one play in a win and assigning it to a game yet played.  Winning teams look at the film on tuesday and make the necessary adjustment/corrections. That's what winning football teams do. To me, this team does that.

image.gif.0acebfc547b824cddcdcfdf31cdb27c4.gif

Archived