Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Winter Weather Thread

China

14 hours ago, tshile said:

I love winter but only for the snow, cause I like skiing. We go several times a winter. 

this storm isn’t very good for it but in general the constant cold weather helps with making snow and eventually they’ll get hit harder. 

last year at wisp we got 13” in one day. It was awesome 

I like Snowshoe. Back in the 90's I was lucky enough to be up there for 3 feet of snow. Some of the best skiing of my life. Not tried since I blew my ACL a few years ago but want badly to go this year.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Northern Illinois winter storm watch moved up; Blizzard conditions possible Thursday-Christmas Eve

A winter storm watch has been moved up for most northern Illinois counties to 9 a.m. Thursday through 6 a.m. Saturday, according to the National Weather Service, with more details coming into focus while the storm approaches.

The winter storm watch starts at 9 a.m. Thursday for Winnebago, Boone, McHenry, Ogle, Lee, DeKalb, Kane, La Salle, Kendall, Grundy and Livingston counties.

For DuPage, Cook, Lake and Will counties, the winter storm watch begins at noon.

Falling and blowing snow may result in whiteout conditions at times, making travel difficult, if not impossible, according to the National Weather Service. Power outages also are a possibility with wind gusts exceeding 55 mph during the height of the storm.

The watch extends from the Wisconsin border through the Chicago suburbs, as far south as Ford County and as far west as Lee County, including the entirety of northeastern Illinois.

Kevin Doom, meteorologist at the National Weather Service in Chicago, said snowfall predictions have varied anywhere from a foot to 2 to 3 inches. Regardless, the storm will be dangerous, because of the heavy wind gusts and dangerous wind chills.

Click on the link for the full article

8 minutes ago, China said:

Well, my daughter was supposed to fly home this evening from Ottawa, but her flight got canceled.  Air Canada automatically rebooked her for Christmas day, but we'll see if we can get her home sooner.

Hey, Caps are playing there tonight.  Maybe get her tix if she has to hang out...

It'll be 15 degrees outside the Caps game today. **** that.

This is not Canada. We should not get temperatures that low here. Just doesn't make sense. This is not north of the ****ing wall. There are no White Walkers outside. Bring our temperatures back to the normal DC 40 / 50 please.

3 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

This is not Canada. We should not get temperatures that low here. Just doesn't make sense. This is not north of the ****ing wall. There are no White Walkers outside. Bring our temperatures back to the normal DC 40 / 50 please.

In case you haven’t yet received word from the ravens.

85EDDEA3-BA97-4289-93FA-0FF0516B5782.gif

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Thank climate change.  More unusual and severe weather both in the summer and winter.  

• Sad 1

Central Florida. 30 right now. Predicted low tonight 23. House was built (in the 50s) without central heat/air. (And pretty much without insulation. Cinder block.)

Heat for the house is a gas "fireplace" in the center of the house. If you want heat in your room, you keep your door open. it can keep the house warm. (But if it gets cold, it takes forever to pull the temperature up.)

Good factor is, I can heat the house completely without electricity. (As long as my town doesn't run out of natural gas.)