Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

Virginia AG: State colleges can't mandate COVID-19 vaccines

State colleges and universities in Virginia cannot require students to get vaccinated against COVID-19, under a legal opinion issued Friday by Virginia’s new Republican attorney general.

Attorney General Jason Miyares found that because the state legislature has not passed legislation specifically mandating coronavirus vaccines for students, the colleges and universities don’t have the authority to require them.

State lawmakers “specifically authorized” colleges and universities to help health officials with administering vaccines, but they "did not grant such institutions power to impose vaccine requirements,” Miyares wrote in a letter to Republican Gov. Glenn Youngkin, who sought an opinion on the issue.

The advisory opinion from Miyares is based on the attorney general's analysis of current law, the state and federal constitutions, and relevant court decisions, according to the Attorney General's Office. It is not a ruling and does not create new law or change existing law.

Miyares noted that while the state legislature has enacted laws requiring immunizations for diphtheria, tetanus, polio, measles, German measles and mumps before students can enroll in a college or university, it has not passed a law requiring COVID-19 vaccinations for enrollment.

“I conclude that, absent specific authority conferred by the General Assembly, public institutions of higher education in Virginia may not require vaccination against COVID-19 as a general condition of students’ enrollment or in-person attendance,” Miyares wrote.

Many of Virginia's public colleges and universities have required students to get COVID-19 vaccinations, including Virginia Commonwealth University, the University of Virginia, Virginia Tech and the University of Mary Washington.

Click on the link for the full article

15 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

When are we going to start prosecuting these people like the mass murderers they are? We have no way of knowing the full extent of how many people have needlessly contracted covid and died because of **** like this. Time to make an example. Look these two up FOR LIFE.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Florgon79 said:

When are we going to start prosecuting these people like the mass murderers they are? We have no way of knowing the full extent of how many people have needlessly contracted covid and died because of **** like this. Time to make an example. Look these two up FOR LIFE.

More to the story....

A pediatric nurse practitioner has been arrested for selling phony COVID-19 vaccine cards on Long Island — and her NYPD officer husband faces a departmental probe over his possible involvement in the scam, prosecutors and sources said.

She also obtained vaccine doses and syringes through the department, purportedly to administer to patients, prosecutors said.

Undercover detectives told prosecutors they were given vaccine cards at the pediatric office “on one or more occasions,” but a vaccine was never administered.

DeVuono’s husband, NYPD officer Derin DeVuono, is being investigated by the department’s Internal Affairs Bureau for any involvement he might have had funneling business his wife’s way, sources said.

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/ny-long-island-nurse-nypd-husband-fake-vaccine-cards-20220129-adkreafhbjdjpfv4pz6rj3pcby-story.html

1 minute ago, EmirOfShmo said:

More to the story....

A pediatric nurse practitioner has been arrested for selling phony COVID-19 vaccine cards on Long Island — and her NYPD officer husband faces a departmental probe over his possible involvement in the scam, prosecutors and sources said.

She also obtained vaccine doses and syringes through the department, purportedly to administer to patients, prosecutors said.

Undercover detectives told prosecutors they were given vaccine cards at the pediatric office “on one or more occasions,” but a vaccine was never administered.

DeVuono’s husband, NYPD officer Derin DeVuono, is being investigated by the department’s Internal Affairs Bureau for any involvement he might have had funneling business his wife’s way, sources said.

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/ny-long-island-nurse-nypd-husband-fake-vaccine-cards-20220129-adkreafhbjdjpfv4pz6rj3pcby-story.html

I'm shocked that an NYPD officer could also be involved. Maybe this is like a crossover episode and this story ends up in the bad cops who should be fired thread. 

So, she's selling fake vaccine cards, but also obtaining vaccines?  Having trouble figuring this out. 

Maybe the state database needs lot numbers, and they were stealing the vaccines so they could use the real lot numbers on the fake database entries?  Use a real lot number on the card, and just throw out the vaccine?  

2 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

I'm shocked that an NYPD officer could also be involved. Maybe this is like a crossover episode and this story ends up in the bad cops who should be fired thread. 

Wondering how many of the customers for the fake cards were cops. 

Edited by Larry

Just now, Larry said:

So, she's selling fake vaccine cards, but also obtaining vaccines?  Having trouble figuring this out. 

Maybe the state database needs lot numbers, and they were stealing the vaccines so they could use the real lot numbers on the fake database entries?  Use a real lot number on the card, and just throw out the vaccine?  

I'm sure a lot given all the stories about how they were against the mandate. Yeah I think in order to not have people be suspicious in the first place you would need to be ordering the vaccines just to throw them away. 

If she JUST sold them to adults that would be 7500 cards.

If it was 50/50 split between adults and kids it would be 12,573 fake cards. That's a lot of vaccines to be throwing away. 

Edited by Florgon79

7 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

I'm sure a lot given all the stories about how they were against the mandate. Yeah I think in order to not have people be suspicious in the first place you would need to be ordering the vaccines just to throw them away. 

If she JUST sold them to adults that would be 7500 cards.

If it was 50/50 split between adults and kids it would be 12,573 fake cards. That's a lot of vaccines to be throwing away. 

Each offense for the fake vaccine card is up to 5 years in prison. That's a lot of years. 

Based on this from the article I posted, there's no doubt in my mind the husband is part of this:

Derin DeVuono lost five vacation days in 2020 after he was accused of piloting a NYPD spy plane on a penis-shaped flight path in 2017 when he was a member of the department’s Aviation Unit.

DeVuono was assigned to Brooklyn’s 60th Precinct after he was accused of misusing the federally-funded $4 million Cessna plane, making improper entries in a flight log and not conducting flight surveys.

6 hours ago, Larry said:

Or sell those lots in the black market? Or is that too risky.

School Vaccine Clinic Shut Down by Right-Wing Sabotage Campaign

A Colorado school district said it won’t be letting kids get vaccinated on its campuses after one parent’s campaign to sabotage the school clinic culminated in a video going viral on right-wing Twitter.

Gregg McGough, the father of a 15-year-old high-school student, circulated a video that showed his son trying to obtain a vaccine at school by lying about his age and providing a fake note of parental consent. McGough told the Colorado Sun that his goal in sharing the video was to shut down the vaccination clinic at Littleton Public School and to prevent other clinics from cropping up in schools in the future, ostensibly by showing that students could obtain inoculations by simply forging notes from their parents.

In addition to a video showing McGough’s son, Owen, apparently misleading vaccine workers, a second video showed another student offering up a fake name, “Draper Ensling,” and giving a phony date of birth.

In an interview with Fox News on Thursday, Owen McGough said he was behind the videos and that he worked with another student to get around requirements for obtaining a COVID-19 vaccine from a clinic hosted at Heritage High School “without very much effort at all.”

“They really didn’t check into the facts,” Owen McGough said.

Gregg McGough defended the videos in a Facebook post, calling it “disturbing and criminal” that the kids had come so close to getting the vaccines–while insisting that any school district that allowed Tri-County Health Department to offer vaccines on school property is “putting your children at risk.”

“This is subterfuge and indoctrination allowing children to make medical decisions without their parents permission or even being present,” he wrote. “I find this a disgusting overreach on the part of LPSD.”

McGough told The Daily Beast in an email on Saturday that the videos “exposed the very real dangers created by the CDPHE” after the vaccine clinic fell short of following an area of its website indicating a parent or guardian “must be present for anyone 5 to 17 years old to get vaccinated.”

A day after the email and videos were posted on Twitter, Ewert announced in a letter to parents on Tuesday that the district would no longer offer vaccines on its campuses.

The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment told the Colorado Sun the videos were made to obstruct vaccination efforts at schools, which were “an important way the state ensures access to COVID-19 vaccines in places that are convenient.”

Click on the link for the full article

had this conversation with several people this morning. they all went the same way. assuming ti will here, but whatever. i'm not anti-vaccine. my 6 year old go his shots. and when there is a plan approved that the data supports as working, and the AAP gives its blessing (Just liked we waited for the AAP on our 6 year old), we'll get my 3 year old vaccinated.

but miss me with this bull****

https://www.npr.org/live-updates/morning-edition-2022-02-01#pfizers-covid-19-vaccine-for-young-children-could-be-available-soon

"They discovered that two low doses of the vaccine appeared to protect children 6 months to 2 years old, but did not protect those ages 2 to 5. So the companies started testing a third dose on those kids," Stein says.

"The hope is an FDA authorization would allow children to start receiving the first two doses so the older kids will be ready for the third dose, once the data demonstrates that works."

Translation:

Please approve this thing our data says doesn't work, we promise our new plan will provide data that says it'll work and you'll approve that.

I get that logically speaking this should make sense - i mean adults are getting 3 shots.

But hard pass until pharma is submitting data that shows their plan works, the FDA/CDC review and approve, and the AAP gets to weigh in.

Key phrase: data that shows their plan works.

In addition to that - I see this as a problem in the war against the antivaccination crowd.

We're approving something that the data shows doesn't work.

And I'm sure the Biden administration will run a full media blitz on it.

This isn't how you do things. It just isn't. You want faith in your system? Do things the correct way.

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

Translation:

Please approve this thing our data says doesn't work, we promise our new plan will provide data that says it'll work and you'll approve that.

I get that logically speaking this should make sense - i mean adults are getting 3 shots.

But hard pass until pharma is submitting data that shows their plan works, the FDA/CDC review and approve, and the AAP gets to weigh in.

Counter argument, by using an analogy:  

"There is no fully approved study that says the vaccine does not have serious side effects 10 years after it's administered.  Therefore I'm not going to get it till there is."  

Yes, I understand the two arguments are not identical.  

But they do have something in common.  The position of "My default position will be to do nothing until after somebody else has met a constantly-moving target."  

7 minutes ago, Larry said:

Counter argument, by using an analogy:  

"There is no fully approved study that says the vaccine does not have serious side effects 10 years after it's administered.  Therefore I'm not going to get it till there is."  

Yes, I understand the two arguments are not identical.  

But they do have something in common.  The position of "My default position will be to do nothing until after somebody else has met a constantly-moving target."  

What is constantly moving about waiting for fda approval, cdc approval, and AAP approval? I already got my 6 year old vaccinated. Using that standard. 

so what’s constantly moving about that?

and your analogy sucks. These are not the same things at all. Demanding 10 years of study before getting a vaccine for a pandemic that is crippling the world, that’s approved by all relevant agencies and has the backing of every meaningful health expert/organization… is not the same thing as saying you’ll wait until the approval is for something that actually works. 

they are asking for approval for something their data shows doesn’t work. 

for children. 

at a time where distrust of these things is at an all time high. 

i hope the fda laughs in their face and says - nah, this isn’t how we do things, come back when your data supports the approval you’re requesting. 

1 hour ago, tshile said:

had this conversation with several people this morning. they all went the same way. assuming ti will here, but whatever. i'm not anti-vaccine. my 6 year old go his shots. and when there is a plan approved that the data supports as working, and the AAP gives its blessing (Just liked we waited for the AAP on our 6 year old), we'll get my 3 year old vaccinated.

but miss me with this bull****

https://www.npr.org/live-updates/morning-edition-2022-02-01#pfizers-covid-19-vaccine-for-young-children-could-be-available-soon

Translation:

In addition to that - I see this as a problem in the war against the antivaccination crowd.

We're approving something that the data shows doesn't work.

And I'm sure the Biden administration will run a full media blitz on it.

Either the regiment works as submitted or it doesn't.  If the proposed regimen works for 6months to 2 yrs, but not for 3 to 5, then you can submitt for approval for 6mth to 2 (if such breakdown is allowed), but you have no basis for 3-5.  Find out why it's not working for 3-5 and come back.  

This isn't how you do things. It just isn't. You want faith in your system? Do things the correct way.

100%

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, NoCalMike said:

For those that have got their kids vaxxed how are the side effects for them?  The same as adults? Lesser?  Should I plan on the kids missing school the next day should they get the jab in the middle of the week?

My daughter got both jabs, age six. Sore arm for her but no other side effects. 

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

For those that have got their kids vaxxed how are the side effects for them?  The same as adults? Lesser?  Should I plan on the kids missing school the next day should they get the jab in the middle of the week?

My 6 year old was slightly sluggish. But otherwise perfectly fine.