Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Update: Good News - Ossoff has been called the winner - So Congrats to GA Senators Elect Warnock and Ossoff!

goskins10

Democrats in Georgia runoff shatter quarterly Senate fundraising record

Georgia's U.S. Senate Democratic candidates Raphael Warnock and Jon Ossoff each raised more than $100 million in the last quarter of 2020, shattering fundraising records and eclipsing their Republican rivals in the race, new filings show, per the Federal Elections Commission and CNN.

Why it matters: The figures reflect the largest single-quarter totals by any candidate in U.S. Senate history, beating the $57 million South Carolina Democrat Jaime Harrison raised earlier this year during his failed bid for the Senate.

The large hauls reflect the intense national attention on Georgia's runoffs, which will determine which party controls the Senate.

By the numbers: Ossoff raised some $106.8 million between October 15 and December 16, while Warnock amassed $103 million.

Warnock's opponent, incumbent Sen. Kelly Loeffler (R), raised nearly $64 million, while Sen. David Perdue (R), who is running against Warnock, raised just over $68 million.

Click on the link for the full article 

21 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

No, but I would also never be so sophomoric.  This is serious.

sophomoric doesn't make it less serious!

i , glad you voted..and i wish i could too.   i am a stingy mofo... but i actually pried open my locked tight wallet for THIS effort, as the only thing i COULD do for this one

59 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Yea, so far it has not turned into too many actual victories. It can't hurt but I am still not sure it helps that much. 

I'm curious to know what percentage of that is from out of state voters. That has been shown many times to not translate into votes for Democrats, but its not a bad sign either.

Teens expand TikTok playbook to help Democrats in Georgia runoffs

Teens and first-time voters who jumped into political organizing this year are expanding their TikTok-focused playbook in an effort to boost the Democratic Senate candidates in Georgia’s crucial runoff elections next week.

Youth-led groups are drawing on successful campaigns they launched in the fall — leveraging influence from TikTok accounts with large followings and creating memes that mock Republican candidates — to mobilize young voters ahead of the Jan. 5 elections in the Peach State that will decide which party controls the Senate.

“I think we're really building off of that momentum that we’ve built up and going a step further and really becoming creative with it and letting young people take the lead,” Alicia Novoa, director of engagement at the youth-led Future Coalition, told The Hill.

Future Coalition partnered with a group called Gen-Z for Change, previously known as TikTok for Biden, last week for a virtual phone and text banking event in support of Democratic challengers Jon Ossoff and the Rev. Raphael Warnock in Georgia. The event used Zoom breakout rooms to let volunteers virtually phone and text bank with popular TikTok users who combined had more than 5 million followers.

“This was totally youth-led. It was me, a young organizer, and my peers saying, ‘How can we bring other young people?’ And saying, ‘Let's bring TikTokers,’” said Novoa, a 19-year-old sophomore at Georgetown University.

“That wouldn't come up naturally with seasoned political operatives,” she added. “It's really something new that’s innovative. Something that’s super niche for young people.”

Gen-Z for Change launched as TikTok for Biden ahead of the general election. The group brought together hundreds of TikTok creators to support Biden and target a young audience. After Biden became president-elect, the group changed to broaden its goals and is now pumping out content to energize voters ahead of the Georgia runoffs, where Republican Sens. David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler are fighting to keep their seats, and the Senate, in GOP hands.

Click on the link for the full article

12 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Proud of you fam. 👊 

I couldn't be more thankful for the support here on ES...I tell the team that my Team's fans have stepped up to help us out, and now maybe people will understand how a football message board can impact change. ❤️  

Can't believe this is next week! We have donated and gotten the message out, I think it can happen.

And yeah, I am proud to tell people that I basically get my news from ES. I'm like, it's a D.C. thing. City and fanbase are WONKS.

3 minutes ago, JCB said:

Can't believe this is next week! We have donated and gotten the message out, I think it can happen.

And yeah, I am proud to tell people that I basically get my news from ES. I'm like, it's a D.C. thing. City and fanbase are WONKS.

Yep.  I read it here before it hits the TV. 

@visionary deserves an award. But I guess our praise will have to do.  (Do not like this post...that was not the point.) 

Archived