Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Update: Good News - Ossoff has been called the winner - So Congrats to GA Senators Elect Warnock and Ossoff!

goskins10

15 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

The Republicans kicked out all of the conservatives.  All that is left are fascists and sycophants.  Doesn't seem to be much of a battle going on there anymore.

Did they though? What you're watching in GA is literally what I described.  A few sane actual conservatives in office getting branded as RINOs and part of the deep state at the hands of the conspiracy theorists.  Don't get me wrong-- I agree with you that its pretty much 80% insane at this point.  But there are a handful of actual sane people left.

4 minutes ago, Forehead said:

I'm not getting too excited.  Even if they both win, at least one Senator, Manchin, has already said he won't side with the Dems on some thing, particularly expanding the Supreme Court.

So, he won't be as extreme as, well, every Republican in the Senate?

Me, if the Dems so much as vote on expanding the court, I would seriously consider not voting. Even if it only gets 10 votes. 

1 hour ago, Larry said:

So, he won't be as extreme as, well, every Republican in the Senate?

Me, if the Dems so much as vote on expanding the court, I would seriously consider not voting. Even if it only gets 10 votes. 

I don't know, my preference would be a reset if you had a position of leverage.  Basically tell the Republicans to pick two of three...Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, Barrett.  You get to keep two.  Merrick Garland is replacing one of them to make things right.  Don't care which one it is.  Threaten to expand the court if they don't go with it.  Or barring that, threaten to make DC and Puerto Rico states :)

David Perdue appears to tacitly acknowledge Biden’s victory in video call with Republican group

Sen. David Perdue (R-Ga.) appeared to tacitly acknowledge President-elect Joe Biden’s victory in a video recording obtained by The Washington Post on Thursday, speaking just days before President Trump plans to travel to Georgia to campaign for Perdue and fellow senator Kelly Loeffler.

Neither Loeffler (R-Ga.) nor Perdue has acknowledged Biden’s victory in public, and both have supported the president’s unfounded claims that fraud tainted the election.

But in a video meeting recorded Wednesday with members of the Republican Jewish Coalition (RJC), Perdue spoke pragmatically about the role a GOP-controlled Senate could play as a check on the Biden administration. He did not discuss Trump’s efforts to overturn the election.

“We know what this change of command at the top will mean with our foreign relations,” Perdue said in the video, adding: “If we can keep the majority in the Senate, we can at least be a buffer on some of the things that the Biden camp has been talking about in terms of their foreign policy.”

Click on the link for the full article

37 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

All for the "write-in Trump" stuff and whatever tactics are available. Make it a choice between the Georgia GOP candidates or Trump for those guys. ****, where is the Kpop Army to take over every GOP Georgia hashtag? 

20201201_152043.jpg

Here is the best part, based on Snopes if they write in, their vote would likely be considered invalid since there is no write space! They only have two options!!  😂😂 

image.png.1fba271858370e63c3c1d69ea8daadbc.png

So, I think I've come around to Trump's point of view. Clearly, Trump was robbed. The elections were rigged. Republicans on January 5th have only two sane options: boycott the vote in protest or write in Trump's name on their ballot.

Trump for Senate!

That's the problem with a soundbite culture. If you only have the time to get out a soundbite and have to choose which to pick what do you do? Do you talk about COVID relief? Do you talk about racial inequity? Do you expose your enemy as a criminal?

Unfortunately, most will always choose mud because it has proven to win.  Thankfully, Biden might be the exception to that although you could make an argument that Biden used mud when he said Trump was full of malarkey and the worst president in US history. When Biden accurately depicts Trump as a chronic liar is that a useful truth that needs to be exposed or a missed opportunity to focus on policy?

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

We will know in a month if the messaging works but all I see from Dems on social media is trying to focus on GOP candidate scandals. Don’t love this messaging unless it’s mixed with a lot of vision/policy messages 

On YouTube  Pluto TV and other media it has been opposite. Some on the stocks but mostly positives about warnock and ossoff. I really like war****s ads about they will try to smear him and then he Debunks.  

It’s been the Rs who had nothing but negative ads.  

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

We will know in a month if the messaging works but all I see from Dems on social media is trying to focus on GOP candidate scandals. Don’t love this messaging unless it’s mixed with a lot of vision/policy messages 

I do agree that some positive messages are needed.  Maybe even some positive policy messages, not just "look how well the candidate's dog likes him" or some such.  

Yeah, I know, it can backfire.  Almost any policy statement, somebody is going to see it and object to the policy.  But can they find something?  

My heart says that a message that might work would be along the lines of:  

The economy is hurting.  All over America.  And you, the voters, have a say in what we're going to do about it.  

The Democrats are going to try to use the government to try to build up the economy.  Quickly.  Even if you don't like politicians, even if you think they're all crooks who just want power?  Well guess what?  The best way the Democrats retain power, is to get the economy better.  Quickly.  And they know it.  Even if you don't like them, you can count on them to do what's in their self interest.  

And the Republicans?  They know that the economy getting better quickly is the best way for the Democrats to keep power, too.  The way for them to get power, is to make sure it doesn't get better any time soon.  

I know, that sounds like one of those scary political ads where they say bad things about the opposition.  But look back.  12 years ago, America had an economy that wasn't as bad as this one, and a new Democrat President taking office.  And the entire Republican Party spend 8 years doing everything they could to make sure that the federal government didn't do any stimulus to make the economy better.  Most of you were there, and you remember how long it took for things to get better.  The Republican Party unanimously made sure not to stimulate the economy.  Until one day after Donald Trump took office.  Then stimulating the economy suddenly became important.  

That's some reasoning that would appeal to me.  But I'm not the voter they're trying to reach with the ads.  And obviously, the electorate does not consist entirely of "me"s.  

Archived