Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time to unload players for picks...

petey hodge

12 hours ago, SkinssRvA said:

No his value is too high to the franchise to offload, all considered. Terry reminds me a lot of diggs 

I think his value is nada if we have no QB to get him the ball, Who is Herbert throwing 2 out there getting 300 yard games.  I would consider trading him if the extra draft capital would help get us one of the top 2 QBs in the 21 draft

6 minutes ago, vegeta613 said:

I think his value is nada if we have no QB to get him the ball, Who is Herbert throwing 2 out there getting 300 yard games.  I would consider trading him if the extra draft capital would help get us one of the top 2 QBs in the 21 draft

Herbert has Keenan Allen who is a stud, Mike Williams a talented first round pick, and Hunter Henry a top 5-10 TE. Try again.

11 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Didn’t see this thread earlier. I agree. Time to shop some players.

Scherff for a day 2 pick

Kerrigan for a higher level day 3 pick

Haskins for whatever you can get

Anderson, good idea, shop him for a day 3 pick

Scherff is franchised - no one would trade a day 2 pick for him.

Kerrigan for a 3rd in 2022 or 2023

Haskins keep him - sign a Free Agent QB to start, draft Sewell (Simply because we'd give up on any new 1st round QB we draft after a few games floundering behind this line).

Anderson again go for 2022 or later year picks (outside the top five 2021 picks are going to be total crap shoots).

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Herbert has Keenan Allen who is a stud, Mike Williams a talented first round pick, and Hunter Henry a top 5-10 TE. Try again.

Ok lets hold on to terry pay him 20+ million a year sooner rather than later to catch 4 yard slants with Allen as our qb of the future 

4 minutes ago, vegeta613 said:

Ok lets hold on to terry pay him 20+ million a year sooner rather than later to catch 4 yard slants with Allen as our qb of the future 

Trading Terry makes no sense. He's exactly the type of player you want in a rebuild: young, talented and cheap. He isn't even eligible for extension until after the 2021 season and isn't a FA until after 2022.

16 hours ago, justice98 said:

Barber's got no trade value.  He didn't get much run in the free agent market and came here for pennies to compete to be the 4th RB.  And he's done basically nothing this year to spur any demand.

The Eagles could use Barber....

I'm gonna make a very, very bold prediction:

Before the trade deadline, WFT trades a 6th round pick and Dwayne Haskins to New England for Cam Newton and a 5th round pick with Newton signing a 3 year deal to be the QB of the WFT for the next 4 years. 

After yesterday, New England has no reason to keep Cam since he's only on a 1 year deal and they'd be better off finding out about Stidham/Haskins. 

RR goes for the division with Cam running the show...Cam is not the answer in New England and Belicheck cuts bait.

As for guys I'd deal....Hopkins, Kerrigan, Settle, Collins, Haskins.

Here are guys who should be on the block w realistic targets on compensation:

J. Allen - Day 2 pick (likely a 3rd)

Scherff - 4th/5th rd pick

Haskins - 5th rd pick

Kerrigan - 5th/6th rd pick

Darby - 5th or 6th rd pick

Anderson - one of those pick swap trades - Anderson + 7 for a 6

For some of those Day 3 pick trades, I’d wait for the pick until 2022 if it means a round higher. 

This team has a ton of holes to fill and should not be shy from moving vets who have value who won’t contribute to the next winning team. 

You move Allen because Settle is better value and you will need money for extensions for Settle + Payne.

You move Scherff because you need to see if Schweitzer is a starter next year

You move Kerrigan and Anderson because both guys are FAs and you need to see what you have in Orchard, JSW and the new guy from Philly

Darby has been solid this year and a team with injury issues/depth at corner such as the Cowboys could be a candidate to make a move for him. I wouldn't want to give him an extension given his injury history and inconsistent play in the past. 

48 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I'm gonna make a very, very bold prediction:

Before the trade deadline, WFT trades a 6th round pick and Dwayne Haskins to New England for Cam Newton and a 5th round pick with Newton signing a 3 year deal to be the QB of the WFT for the next 4 years. 

After yesterday, New England has no reason to keep Cam since he's only on a 1 year deal and they'd be better off finding out about Stidham/Haskins. 

RR goes for the division with Cam running the show...Cam is not the answer in New England and Belicheck cuts bait.

As for guys I'd deal....Hopkins, Kerrigan, Settle, Collins, Haskins.

You say bold, I have another word :ols:

Just now, KDawg said:

You say bold, I have another word :ols:

I feel like RR really regrets not signing Cam and is ready to bring him to D.C.....If New England feels like he won't re-up with them then why not make him available? They don't look like contenders in that tough AFC....I think RR would trade for Cam and start trying to speed up this rebuild by putting the head on the snake as soon as possible. Just my hunch.

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

I feel like RR really regrets not signing Cam and is ready to bring him to D.C.....If New England feels like he won't re-up with them then why not make him available? They don't look like contenders in that tough AFC....I think RR would trade for Cam and start trying to speed up this rebuild by putting the head on the snake as soon as possible. Just my hunch.

Because 1) the Patriots are still alive and well... and 2) I doubt he has interest in Haskins. Could be wrong. But he doesn't scream "Patriot" to me. 

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

it’s not as outrageous as you think, I’ll buy into that possibility. Could see a few strange move, maybe a team like NE takes a chance on Darnold knowing the Jets are heading for a top pick. 

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Because 1) the Patriots are still alive and well... and 2) I doubt he has interest in Haskins. Could be wrong. But he doesn't scream "Patriot" to me. 

Yeah, the Haskins part is a problem with my theory. However, New England could ask for someone like Settle or one of the other D-tackles or maybe even one of our young WR's? Moreland? I don't see Haskins as a Patriot either....

What in our draft history makes people think giving away proven talent for mid round picks is a good idea? Like you want to trade Scherff and draft another Wes Martin? Trade McLaurin and draft another Josh Doctson? 

If we had some super scouting department adept at finding mid round talent, maybe, but we don't. The draft is still very much a crap shoot and we are not one of the better teams at locating hidden talent.

Terry McLauren is our best WR since 2012-13 Pierre Garcon. He is our best homegrown WR since Art Frickin Monk. Every year, we say that we need a true #1 WR and a good #2 to support him.

McLauren is easily a #2, and WILL turn into a #1. We trade that away, we can go another 20 or 30 years without finding a good one like him. For what? So we can draft a Terry McLauren with a 1st round pick instead?

Think, people.

2 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

Trade everybody for cash or ham sandwiches, then apply to add the team to the xfl next year as the Washington Whack-A-Moles.

Championship!!!

I think all of those players are at least  worth a pastrami rueban and onion rings from Katzs deli in NYC

27 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

What in our draft history makes people think giving away proven talent for mid round picks is a good idea? Like you want to trade Scherff and draft another Wes Martin? 

Well I don’t see them paying Scherff 15mil per year either so I’d take my chance with the draft pick.

Just now, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Well I don’t see them paying Scherff 15mil per year either so I’d take my chance with the draft pick.

I'd say to pay him. I'll be upset if we don't. Why create another hole when we have the money? We pay plenty of players from other teams. Pay our guy. Injuries aside, when healthy, Scherff is a mauler and the eclxsct type of guy you want on the OL. Give him a couple more pieces around him so he can lead our new group of bullies in the trenches. 

Part of why we keep circling to nowhere is operating like we always have to lose something to gain something. Keep the pieces that are good and/ or depth while building around them.

3 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

I'd say to pay him. I'll be upset if we don't. Why create another hole when we have the money? We pay plenty of players from other teams. Pay our guy. Injuries aside, when healthy, Scherff is a mauler and the eclxsct type of guy you want on the OL. 

I think you could be upset to be honest. My point really is that if we don’t intend to meet his long term demands it’s a waste of resource for the rest of the year.

10 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I think you could be upset to be honest. My point really is that if we don’t intend to meet his long term demands it’s a waste of resource for the rest of the year.

With Scherff if they don't intend to sign him to an extension I think they'd be better off franchise tagging him again in the offseason and then work out a trade to a team that will meet his contract demands.  They would probably get more in return.  If they trade him now the team taking him on takes more of a risk that they traded for a 8 game rental who they can't get re-signed in the offseason.  So the pick will be lower.   

1 hour ago, method man said:

Here are guys who should be on the block w realistic targets on compensation:

J. Allen - Day 2 pick (likely a 3rd)

Scherff - 4th/5th rd pick

Haskins - 5th rd pick

Kerrigan - 5th/6th rd pick

Darby - 5th or 6th rd pick

Anderson - one of those pick swap trades - Anderson + 7 for a 6

Absolutely. This is a a very probable escenario considering the various needs of the team. 

I'll go on record an add "Scary" Terry to the list. One excellent WR is not going transform a franchise into a contender.

We can easily get a 1st rounder for him to use on the O line. Decent WRs are available for cheap.

We need more shots at better draft picks, emulating the way NE built their dynasty.

Ok, every time we start talking abotu players - especially QBs, someone days something like - I bet RR really wanted Cam here - or this team would be so much better with Cam here - 

That may be the worst take I have seen on these boards and i have seen a lot of pretty bad analysis. RR could have brought Cam with him if that was the goal.  And let's see how Cam is doing with the best HC in football with an actual team around him: 

Record is 2-2 

image.thumb.png.f9a40a7a722cd85024251220b1b9ebdb.png

Here is Haskins in 4 gms - record 1-3

image.thumb.png.6d3a739378b6dfe6c7de49d4c7674f65.png

What in the world would give anyone the idea Cam would be a good fit here??  Belichick is clearly trying to protect him with the run game (29 atts/gm) and he still has a 1-2 TD to Int ratio! He has a massive 1.2 QBR rating lead. He has a 7% comp % advantage but then again there is that Int ratio!  His QBR has come down every game. After starting at over 100. Yesterday was a whopping 51.6!!   

Keep in mind I am glad we benched Haskins. He is not a starting NFL QB - at least not from anything we have seen so far. But yet he still compares favorably to Cam with Cam in the NE system and Haskins in our ****ty ass offense!!  

If they make a move for Cam I will join the chorus of those saying that RR was a mistake after all. It might even be that RR is trying to find a way out of this dumpster fire of an organization!  Could not blame him when you add the newest Cheerleader stuff. SNyder is such a slime bag - and I believe that even if there is zero truth to the Cheerleader accusations. He has done enough to prove he is a POS on his own. 

So for the love of all that is the NFL and the Washington Football Team - let's get past that POS Cam Newton!!!  Literally anyone else would be a better option at this point. Doesn't Montez Sweat play some QB? Isn't he the emergency QB?  

46 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

Absolutely. This is a a very probable escenario considering the various needs of the team. 

I'll go on record an add "Scary" Terry to the list. One excellent WR is not going transform a franchise into a contender.

We can easily get a 1st rounder for him to use on the O line. Decent WRs are available for cheap.

We need more shots at better draft picks, emulating the way NE built their dynasty.

You need long term building blocks and Scary Terry is one. Unless you get 2 1sts, moving him would not make any sense

All the guys on my list don’t really have a long term future with the team

49 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

Maybe we can get a first for Terry and draft a good WR that we hope can turn out to be the next Terry!

Archived