Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team at Cleveland Football Team

TK

I'm interested to see what difference Fuller makes to the defense. I'm not all that comfortable with him as an outside corner as I am with him in the slot... but he is a good player regardless. I'm actually surprised they didn't try to cover their hole at FS with him and keep Moreau as the other CB. 

Should be an interesting game.

What I'm looking for:

-Offensive gameplan that works towards Haskins strengths and a developmental path. Quick hitters, moving the pocket, establishing a run game and a playaction attack off of it.

-Scheme the backs to get the ball in their hand. Use them in the slot. Two backs. 

-Defensively - Slow them. They have an offense that can score. Limit their running game and don't get beat by bad mistakes.

-Smart Special Teams play. Secure the ball. 

• Like 2

what im looking for/concerned about:

- NO INJURIES

- Need Turner to scheme up a quicker start to the offense/plays that get DH in a rhythm 

- DH getting his mind, body and mechanics all on the same page, settle down and make the easy throw

- Get the ball in Terry's hands early and often...and keep it that way the entire game

- Keep looking to get RBs in open space

- really happy Fuller is back, hope he makes an impact

- D-line/Chase/Sweat living in Baker's lap, keep pressure and force him to make dumb plays

- My god i hope Apke did some major film study (even though Ron said he didnt play as horrible as people think last week?)

- their offensive weapons scare me. the combo of CHubb/Hunt/OBJ/Landry/Hooper, shudder 

idk who wins, but just compete and look like an actual, competent professional football team. last week was painful. 

Edited by Yng Lady88

I like when we get the ball in the 2nd half.

10 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

I really liked Joshua Garnett’s skill set when he was at Stanford!  Hopefully he makes an impact!

I am surprised ES members have not started using Apke as a verb...

”Dude got Apke’d at midfield for that long touchdown!”

I think someone has verbed him here already.

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Jimmy has got to get his damn eyes out of the backfield. 

It was zone, they are supposed to be in the backfield. That wasn't the problem. You can't cover grass in a zone. He thought he was going to undercut the route because he didn't convert his zone to man. 

great inside pocket pressure and getting Baker to release quickly! looked like Allen bull-rushed his guy. nice 3 and out. they were moving the ball.

run d has looked good so far. clog it up, stay in your lanes, hold the edge and make tackles. secondary still scares me

time for the offense to show and prove

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It was zone, they are supposed to be in the backfield. That wasn't the problem. You can't cover grass in a zone. He thought he was going to undercut the route because he didn't convert his zone to man. 

Eyes in backfield is fine as long as your feet are moving to the guy on your zone, I guess was my point. 

Edited by Voice_of_Reason