Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

5 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

This is the issue. Ron will win them a couple of too many games in the end.

Jason Reid is an idiot as is anyone who thinks a QB or a Linebacker, or a plater is going to solve this, or that this is Rivera's fault--or JDR's, or Gruden's, or Shanahan's, or Zorn's, or Gibbs', or Spurrier's, or Shotty's, or Norvell's...hell, it's not even the Marties', Allen's, or Cerrato's...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Nothing matters. Snyder will remain and that’s the issue. Jesus himself couldn’t save this franchise

Whilst you are correct, in the absence of that scumbag having to sell the franchise I’d happily keep rolling the dice on coaching staff, personally I think Ron, Turner and JDR have taken this as far as they can, and from where we were, it’s not very far

Twist!

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

To have a beatdown like today in the 3rd year of your program is unacceptable. This team is a joke. And the entire country knows it. We need a REAL rebuild. Fire everyone, trade everyone for whatever you can get, draft a franchise QB in the top 3 this year and build the team right. 

You can't do that when ownership IS the problem.   Those types of things don't matter when you have corrupt ownership making decisions that trickle down.  No one worth anything will refuse to come here because of it. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

To have a beatdown like today in the 3rd year of your program is unacceptable. This team is a joke. And the entire country knows it. We need a REAL rebuild. Fire everyone, trade everyone for whatever you can get, draft a franchise QB in the top 3 this year and build the team right. 

That theory has proven to be ineffective. You need to have a strong team in place before you draft a QB like the Chiefs with Mahomes or the Bucs with Brady.  We need to bring in a young football smart coach.  We have the pieces.  

Just now, Daniel.redskins said:

That theory has proven to be ineffective. You need to have a strong team in place before you draft a QB like the Chiefs with Mahomes or the Bucs with Brady.  We need to bring in a young football smart coach.  We have the pieces.  

I disagree. We do not have the pieces. The OL is in shambles, secondary is laughably bad, none of our LB's would be a starter on any other team in the league, the QB is average AT BEST and the front office isnt capable of changing any of it. Philly drafted Hurts without anyone around him. Buffalo did the same with Allen. Same with Murray, Fields and Tua.  A real franchise QB changes everything on your team. We are probably bad enough to get one of the top QB's in the upcoming draft. And that is what needs to be done to start the rebuild. AFTER firing this coaching staff and front office. 

• Like 1

Apologies if this belongs in the game day thread happy to remove if so

But genuinely how many times have we heard this in the past over two years now? It’s like a broken record and it’s boring at some point this team has to grow up and it becomes about results, I really don’t wanna hear about progression, it’s a results business and results haven’t improved in a long time now, that’s how he’ll be judged and probably as a result be fired

• Confused 1

I'm ready to see the RR era come to an end. When he was hired, he was being touted as an elder statesman of the league. Someone who'd fix the culture just because he seems to be a decent guy himself. Well, part of a culture for a football team is to be a competitive, winning franchise. Year three is starting off without any evidence to think the rebuild is producing positive results. He's done nothing to show that he's anything more than an average, mediocre HC, and he's shown less from a personnel standpoint. He's a good man, but he's just not getting the job done.  

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

Apologies if this belongs in the game day thread happy to remove if so

But genuinely how many times have we heard this in the past over two years now? It’s like a broken record and it’s boring at some point this team has to grow up and it becomes about results, I really don’t wanna hear about progression, it’s a results business and results haven’t improved in a long time now, that’s how he’ll be judged and probably as a result be fired

Someone needs to clue Ron in to the fact that it's Year 3.

You have your QB.  You have your weapons of choice.  You have the easiest schedule in football.  You LOVED the young talent we already had on the team when you were hired.  The current personnel on this team has your handprints all over it.  This is who you said was good enough to roll with and take a "big step up" in the third year.  YOU said this.

Ron, you are out of excuses.

You, my friend, are a subpar coach (always have been) that has run out of time and excuses.  Now all you're accomplishing is making yourself look foolish.  Stop and take personal accountability.  You and your personally-chosen FO staff pick the players and you and your personally-chosen coaching staff are supposed to coach them.  

You think Ron's players aren't paying attention to him throwing them under the bus on a now, consistent basis, without taking personal responsibility?  

Edited by Redwards
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Ron and his crew have had carte blanche, the ONLY way I'm bringing Snyder into this is if he refused to pay for players this team needed to sign in free agency.

That actually points back to Snyder though.  This whole scenario with Ron having carte blanche that is.  How often does this ever work?  The only reason why we’ve even been accepting of it is because of where we’ve been before.  We needed a responsible adult to reshape the culture in Ashburn, and that’s what we got with Ron.  But allowing him to hire folks who should be his boss, all the while trying to be a head coach of the football team, is never going to be optimal.  But for us as fans, it’s like “eh, okay, at least he’s respectable as a human being” only because that’s not a guarantee here because our owner is an inept, classless oaf.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

You know the one think Snyder hasn't done?

Employ a traditional structure through traditional means.

Hire a GM. One a league-wide search team helps you find, not some one no one else will hire and therefore will be your lackey.

Let the GM hire a coach.

Snyder has never done angle, like he's smarter than everyone else.

Obviously, he's not.

He always has some angeles.

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This whole scenario with Ron having carte blanche that is.  How often does this ever work?

I don't disagree with anything you said but I think the low energy and arrogance by Ron is starting to eat away at me.  We cant control what happens to Dan but I think we can be loud about where this team is with Ron at the helm in season 3.  I'm all for Dan being gone I just have no energy to beat that dead horse.

3 minutes ago, Hooper said:

You know the one think Snyder hasn't done?

Employ a traditional structure through traditional means.

Hire a GM. One a league-wide search team helps you find, not some one no one else will hire and therefore will be your lackey.

Let the GM hire a coach.

Snyder has never done angle, like he's smarter than everyone else.

Obviously, he's not.

He always has some angeles.

Yep. The Giants did that this year and nailed it out of the park with Joe Schoen and Brian Daboll. They'll be back to contending while we continue to mire in suckitude. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I don't disagree with anything you said but I think the low energy and arrogance by Ron is starting to eat away at me.  We cant control what happens to Dan but I think we can be loud about where this team is with Ron at the helm in season 3.  I'm all for Dan being gone I just have no energy to beat that dead horse.

Please don’t confuse my response with excusing Ron’s football team the last two weeks. It’s not that they’ve lost, it’s how they’ve lost.  Absolutely dreadful.  I’ve got no excuses for how they can possibly go to work all week and drum up game plans like they have, and then be too stubborn to move away from them.  And then today, him not immediately challenging that sideline pass early on, that was coaching malpractice in my mind.

All of that kind of comes back to my original point though.  I just don’t think you’ll get anyones best when wearing so many hats.

I have so little juice for this team at this time, that I really don’t care if Ron gets fired.  I just won’t have any juice no matter who he’s replaced with. I’m convinced the only thing that can bring the fire back for me is Dan being ousted from ownership.  

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

As much as I agree with Ron hasn't been good in football games.  He was also bought here to change the culture and if we get a young coach I fear we'll revert back to the same ole disfunctional organization.  The only thing I see possible is to promote Rivera to GM and get a young coach.  But we'll probably fire Ron and Snyder will be putting his input into making dumb decisions 😭😭😭😭😭