Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

17 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Right now, and I am guesttimating like everyone until he picks someone, I would say that Mike Shula is top of the list and favorite.  After that, anyone's; guess. :)

Hard to say.  Theres been a whole lot of them mentioned R- 🙂

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

It makes sense to me, it would drive me to make up my mind quicker🤷🏻‍♂️ If it wouldn’t for you, great. people are motivated to make quicker decisions for all sorts of reasons, maybe that was the reason McVay made his decision today. 

you’re coming off rather rude about something I was just speculating could be the reason for his decision being made faster than probably most would’ve thought. 

Here, save this so you can just post it and save us all time from here on:

77enrl.jpg 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Don’t like my answer? Whatever. Have the weekend you deserve then :) bye!

You're quite the survivor here.

Such thin-skinnery as you specialize in requires you to have an equal amount of stick-to-it-tiveness. 👍

(forgive the use of the behavioral science terminology) 🤡

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, TK said:

After what he sent through the ES Facebook messenger that he thought you’d see, he’s taking a break. 

Scratch that. 

After seeing EVERYTHING he sent, he’s gone. No one that does this “job” for FREE should or would put up with that profanity laced tirade. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

On 1/11/2023 at 4:33 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

Besides the entertainment value man does this team need a PR jolt like that.  Lions were dead last in attendance the previous season -- pre Hard Knocks.   Sold out game 1 post hard knocks.  Attendance still near the bottom but not the bottom anymore, that's us now.  Attendance went from about 52,000 to about 62,000 a game.

Outside of getting PR for scandals, this franchise is nationally irrelevant -- no one cares.  I recall a few years ago, GMF referencing some fans complaints about them over emphasizing some teams on their show and one of the panelists said hey we can talk about the Redskins or the Titans but who would give a crap, we talk about teams people care about.  Or something like that. 

This team is about as nonsexy as it gets.  Not that Hard Knocks alone changes it but some national attention for a change would be great, especially with what I assume is a new owner.

Been going to Disney on and off for 20 plus years, its interesting because so many wear team jerseys there.  Over the years we've gone from having major presence to now i am often the only dude I spot at the park wearing a Washington jersey.  RG3 was the last peak.    This team isn't just a has been flagship franchise -- its deeper than that -- hardly anyone pays attention to this team any more.

I just got back last night from a week at Disney and three days at Universal.  I saw a lot of teams represented there.  I saw one Redskins hat and one Commanders hat.  No jerseys or anything else.  

I did see other teams there, however.   New owner has a ton of work to do.  Obviously.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Redwards said:

I just got back last night from a week at Disney and three days at Universal.  I saw a lot of teams represented there.  I saw one Redskins hat and one Commanders hat.  No jerseys or anything else.  

I did see other teams there, however.   New owner has a ton of work to do.  Obviously.  

Thanks for sharing that.  Yeah I know its an odd thing to say but i go to Disney give or take 3 times a year and have been doing it for a good 20 years or so.  And its humurous to see how many people wear jerseys there.  And over that time, the Redskins-Football Team-Commanders jersey have become more obscure with each passing year.   The rest of the NFC East is typically big time represented.  Our team is about as obscure as any small market team right now, its wild. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Thanks for sharing that.  Yeah I know its an odd thing to say but i go to Disney give or take 3 times a year and have been doing it for a good 20 years or so.  And its humurous to see how many people wear jerseys there.  And over that time, the Redskins-Football Team-Commanders jersey have become more obscure with each passing year.   The rest of the NFC East is typically big time represented.  Our team is about as obscure as any small market team right now, its wild. 

Wait like on purpose?  I've been with my kids twice and I better have a double-guarantee of Heaven after that.

• Haha 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

lol, yeah on purpose.  Usually Epcot and Hollywood Studios

We went to all parks and really enjoyed them (except for the crowds.  They had a freaking 22,000 person marathon this past week!).  Plus Disney Springs.  Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom were our favorites.  I'm gonna miss those parks.  

Tearing Up Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

1 hour ago, TK said:

Scratch that. 

After seeing EVERYTHING he sent, he’s gone. No one that does this “job” for FREE should or would put up with that profanity laced tirade. 

Free? I thought my checks were just bring automatically deposited into a retirement account. 

Well, I know I'm not likely to be considered a super sensitive soul outside the Friday Night Music Thread, and as you know so well, we've both heard it all rant-wise from various keyboarding igwads.

So his choice of words isn't as notable to me (and I only saw a few in your note) as how little it took to send him into such a spin.

And to be clear, for me, it had been an act of tolerance to not ban him several times over the last couple years as he seemed to be degenerating into a too-frequent rule violator, a constantly offended dipstick, and  a pretty low grade poster on football.

Life is hard on the mean streets. Back to our regular programming. 🥸

• Haha 5

55 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Free? I thought my checks were just bring automatically deposited into a retirement account. 

Well, I know I'm not likely to be considered a super sensitive soul outside the Friday Night Music Thread, and as you know so well, we've both heard it all rant-wise from various keyboarding igwads.

So his choice of words isn't as notable to me (and I only saw a few in your note) as how little it took to send him into such a spin.

And to be clear, for me, it had been an act of tolerance to not ban him several times over the last couple years as he seemed to be degenerating into a too-frequent rule violator, a constantly offended dipstick, and  a pretty low grade poster on football.

Life is hard on the mean streets. Back to our regular programming. 🥸

I kind of have to know- this rant wasn't because of the brief interchange with me, was it? I don't think that ranked in the top 300 disagreements I have been in on this board. It's hard to imagine that little thing led to a long time poster being banned. 

51 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I kind of have to know- this rant wasn't because of the brief interchange with me, was it? I don't think that ranked in the top 300 disagreements I have been in on this board. It's hard to imagine that little thing led to a long time poster being banned. 

Yes, you single handedly ruined our Cooley 1993. Monster.

monster GIF

• Haha 14

Now I can see more of what he sent "ES Facebook" where I never go.

I had the unbelievable temerity to laugh at Rufus's joke. That prompted a few basic "**** you jumbo" and he included TK in a "blah blah your favorites blah blah" and a "do your ****ing jobs you two blah blah"

But when I made my own joke in the thread it teally sent him over the edge and I got instructions to **** myself in my eye (I only have the one) and to "choke on your food, dick bag" where I think he got the right way to say that confused.

And TK and I were officially determined to be "****ing pathetic."

Why did I put all this off topic stuff here?

For fun, cuz I know more than a few of you sickos like the life and death  drama behind the mod curtain.

🥸

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 9
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 2

42 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Now I can see more of what he sent "ES Facebook" where I never go.

I had the unbelievable temerity to laugh at Rufus's joke. That prompted a few basic "**** you jumbo" and he included TK in a "blah blah your favorites blah blah" and a "do your ****ing jobs you two blah blah"

But when I made my own joke in the thread it teally sent him over the edge and I got instructions to **** myself in my eye (I only have the one) and to "choke on your food, dick bag" where I think he got the right way to say that confused.

And TK and I were officially determined to be "****ing pathetic."

Why did I put all this off topic stuff here?

For fun, cuz I know more than a few of you sickos like the life and death  drama behind the mod curtain.

🥸

Cooleyfan’s behavior is due to Snyder

• Haha 4