Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

16 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

One thing to note from the Irsay/Snyder fallout:

We saw this week from both Wright and Riveria strong, aggressive and even rabid defense of Snyder, or his interests when they were challenged by the media, reporting or fans. It is of course their job in some respect to step out and take some bullets for Dan, so their responses were somewhat reasonable and expected. Boss was under siege, they naturally took some of the heat off.

What we have not seen is the same level of fervor when faced with criticism from another owner. When that goes down, Dan is pretty much on his own with just his lawyers and loses some of the primary shields he hides behind.

The people at the top of our org are willing to secret service against billion dollar media conglomerates, its own fanbase, social media and more, but 1 NFL owner, that's the line. Interesting. Its not like we didn't already understand how much power the owners swing around in this scenario, but this has been a crystal clear demonstration of it.

The difference is that Wright and Rivera were aggressive and defensive about their own employees. Ron spoke up for Wentz. Wright spoke up for Media Stooge #15. Wright has defended Dan more, but that's also more about saying "well, look at all this stuff that doesn't happen now that I'm here". When people are gunning straight for Dan, I haven't really seen Ron or Jason step in the way of it.

Edited by NickyJ

@Skinsinparadisefor some reason this just now struck me for what it really was. Back during the open practice at fedex one of the sales girls got us into an event with Jason and London for potential season ticket holders. Jason made a comment that fans going to games and buying season tickets etc allows him to invest more money into stadium upgrades like the new field and allows the team to resign guys like Terry to big gtd contracts. That to me screams your business side and football side are being hamstrung due to $

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

The difference is that Wright and Rivera were aggressive and defensive about their own employees. Ron up for Wentz. Wright spoke up for Media Stooge #15. Wright has defended Dan more, but that's also more about saying "well, look at all this stuff that doesn't happen now that I'm here". When people are gunning straight for Dan, I haven't really seen Ron or Jason step in the way of it.

Speaking of media stooge #15, what happened to her? Did she stop making tweets after last week? 

edit: yup. She stopped responding to people after October 9th lol 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

The difference is that Wright and Rivera were aggressive and defensive about their own employees. Ron spoke up for Wentz. Wright spoke up for Media Stooge #15. Wright has defended Dan more, but that's also more about saying "well, look at all this stuff that doesn't happen now that I'm here". When people are gunning straight for Dan, I haven't really seen Ron or Jason step in the way of it.

Only partly.

Ron went out of his way to directly address the angle that he was the one that studied to identify if Wentz was a fit. His rant was not just a defense of Wentz himself, but also an umbrella to cover Snyder, who was accused of having a heavy hand in the QB process.

While Wright came to the defense of an employee, it was to alleviate the idea that the employee was hired by Snyder, after said employee displayed an "appetite" for supporting Dan.

Both situations do present some form of cover for an employee, but they also represent dudes taking some heat off their boss.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Only partly.

Ron went out of his way to directly address the angle that he was the one that studied to identify if Wentz was a fit. His rant was not just a defense of Wentz himself, but also an umbrella to cover Snyder, who was accused of having a heavy hand in the QB process.

While Wright came to the defense of an employee, it was to alleviate the idea that the employee was hired by Snyder, after said employee displayed an "appetite" for supporting Dan.

Both situations do present some form of cover for an employee, but they also represent dudes taking some heat off their boss.

For Ron's QB, I'd completely disagree that any of it was meant to shield Dan. Ron got so fiery about it because people were speculating that Dan played a large part in picking Wentz. Ron said Wentz doesn't deserve that criticism. He's saying that Wentz doesn't deserve to be tainted by any ties to Dan. I can't read that in any way that makes it sound like a defense of Dan.

For media stooge #15, I took it as Wright being angry that people were calling her a Dan-hired troll. I think it's more likely that Wright hired her, and that it would reflect poorly on Jason's record that he hung someone he personally hired out to dry.

Jason's is more complicated since media fluff that talks about Dan isn't hard to pin on Dan, so I'll concede that I might be reading that wrong. But I 100% believe that Ron was trying to shield Wentz from Snyder, not the other way around.

Edited by NickyJ

34 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

@Skinsinparadisefor some reason this just now struck me for what it really was. Back during the open practice at fedex one of the sales girls got us into an event with Jason and London for potential season ticket holders. Jason made a comment that fans going to games and buying season tickets etc allows him to invest more money into stadium upgrades like the new field and allows the team to resign guys like Terry to big gtd contracts. That to me screams your business side and football side are being hamstrung due to $

Stadium revenue is clearly down in recent years.  One of the ESPN reporters said (a local reporter, forgetting whom said the same, I think it was Sheehan) that Dan doesn't mind the opposing fans crowding the stadium -- because they want that revenue however they can get it. 

I bring it up not to egg on those who disagree so if it comes off that way to anyone, sorry, that's not the goal at all.  One poster in particular who disagrees with me on this, I agree with on 99% of other things, he's a great poster IMO.  So its nothing personal.  Though i get mildly annoyed if the hit back is by some as if my take is from Mars with no foundation to it -- there is plenty of foundation to it, IMO much more so to back the point than the opposite view.  But if some don't buy it, its cool with me.   

My emphasis on this point is driven by there is plenty of indication that Dan's cash flow could end up being an X factor here so i continue to find it relevant. I do think there is some evidence that the light FA crop this year is driven by that which IMO is part of the reason for the losing thus far.   I do think that 300 million that he wants from Virginia is likely a make or breaker for him to land the stadium judging by his behavior considering if he had all the money in the world then 300 million shouldn't deter him for squat especially when he knows a stadium would likely save him. 

The 450 million dollar loan could be an X factor as to the NFL granting him a debt waiver also for the stadium.  That's a lot of debt and there is apparently a limit to how much debt is allowed.  The idea that Mike Jones hears around the league that Dan's cash situation isn't hot, talking about it in the context of can Dan financially afford to fire a coaching staff.  There is a lot to ignore to conclude there is nothing to see here.  IMO Dan's cash situation is likely a big X factor.  But will see. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'd love nothing more than to hop on Snyder's yacht and just take a giant deuce right in...where, I don't know, actually.  Lots of options.  But I'd just like to take a giant deuce on his yacht anywhere other than a toilet.  Use your imagination.

I’d steal all his crown royal, drink it, and take whatever huge amount of money he has stored on it :) that way, he has less money, AND no access to alcohol 

but I dig your idea too 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'd love nothing more than to hop on Snyder's yacht and just take a giant deuce right in...where, I don't know, actually.  Lots of options.  But I'd just like to take a giant deuce on his yacht anywhere other than a toilet.  Use your imagination.

I'd poop in his toilets. Leave him an upper decker in each one. 

Don't forget folks that poop contains DNA. Be careful out there. 💩🕵👮‍♂️👩‍⚖️

• Haha 5

Just now, Captain Wiggles said:

Funny story, my brother took an upper decker at this dudes house party when he was in college. Some Fairfield University guy he HATED. He then grabbed the guys beer from his fridge, and walked out.

that’s how I found out what an upper decker is 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Captain Wiggles said:

But that's one hell of a story for the grandkids though.  How proud they'd be that ole grandpa snuck on Dan's yacht and took a dump on his pillow.  🤣🤣

• Haha 2

Albert Breer who is connected nationally to say the least, just on 106.7.

Called it a neutron bomb -- Irsay's comments

Thinks there is more power from this to coming from Irsay considering his own baggage, implying you got dirt on me, bring it on

Breer reads Dan's defiant comments about how he won't sell is basically daring the other owners to vote him out -- suggesting he's not going to make it easy on them

A long time executive told Breer that he thinks maybe Jerry would have to go to Dan and ask him to sell

Doesn't know if Dan has allies.  Owners are tired of taking bullets for him.  He wouldn't be surprised if Rivera and Jason Wright are tired of taking bullets either.

Breer thinks Dan not dealing with the bullets himself in the public arena and having others do it for him publicly including the fellow owners is gutless.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 6
  • Thumb up 2