Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

In fact, it’s also weird that such a holy man like Gibbs still rides for this guy.  Loyal to a fault, no doubt.

Because Joe Gibbs is devoted to Washington Football.  Some may have forgotten this, but when Gibbs 2.0 happened he sold his minority stake in the Atlanta Falcons.  He had been offered the head coaching job there at one point but stated the only place he ever saw himself being head coach was here.  

I don't believe for a minute that it doesn't pain Joe Gibbs to see the state of things.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Commander PK said:

Because Joe Gibbs is devoted to Washington Football.  Some may have forgotten this, but when Gibbs 2.0 happened he sold his minority stake in the Atlanta Falcons.  He had been offered the head coaching job there at one point but stated the only place he ever saw himself being head coach was here.  

I don't believe for a minute that it doesn't pain Joe Gibbs to see the state of things.   

I’m sure it does, but he sure seems blind to why things are the way they are.  

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m sure it does, but he sure seems blind to why things are the way they are.  

or he doesn't have it in his power to do anything about it, so it's better to try to help and hope for the best.  I don't know.  Just speculating like everyone else.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, tshile said:

no one is going to stand at a podium next to snyder and announce they just gave hundreds of millions of our (the tax payers) money to snyder 

he had strong people including the speaker backing the proposal. 

And they couldn’t even get it to a vote. 

It’s done. It’s over. Grab your favorite drink. Don your favorite gear. Enjoy watching what we’ve been begging for for YEARs. 

wife isn’t happy but I already told her the moment they announce the move I’m looking at reopening the season ticket account. 

and yeah - I’m going to the parade. Cause there will be a parade. 

Thank you for this. For the first time in a long time, I felt something....I think it was an emotion. I felt...excitement? Joy? Hope? Arousal? I don't know. But thank you.

I think I love you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Commander PK said:

Seeing our iconic coach coming back to be used by dany boy as a promo too  was painful.

3 hours ago, lovemaskins said:

I honestly feel bad for the guy.  If that's what riches do to you, hard pass.  Someone should really advise him to sell for his health.  He looks like a man in serious decline.  Nothing is worth your life and peace of mind. 

There are plenty of very wealthy people who are not as troubled as Dan Snyder. That I can promise you.

10 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I experienced all 3 Gibbs Super Bowls, share a birthday with him, and cried when he came back for a 2nd time.

The only stain Gibbs has left on me is his Dan Snyder defense.

Doesn't Dan give him a lot of money for his charity?  

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m not sure what’s surprising about Gibbs involvement.  He’s literally the only counsel Snyder has.  In fact, it’s also weird that such a holy man like Gibbs still rides for this guy.  Loyal to a fault, no doubt.

Not to get into Tailgate-territory, but I don't find this weird whatsoever.

3 hours ago, skinzplay said:

He's done and it's been communicated to him. If he chooses to go nuclear on other owners, fine. He'd better be prepared for what comes next. NFL Security knew about his Inspector Clouseau nonsense from the start. He really doesn't know who he's dealing with.

It just doesn't seem worth it.  None of this does.  He could sell the team for $6-7 billion, and all the slings and arrows go away.  And it's not like the team's performance has brought him any great joy or satisfaction.  Everything about it is embarrassing right now.  

7 minutes ago, justice98 said:

It just doesn't seem worth it.  None of this does.  He could sell the team for $6-7 billion, and all the slings and arrows go away.  And it's not like the team's performance has brought him any great joy or satisfaction.  Everything about it is embarrassing right now.  

Plus he'd have 6-7 billion for more blow and Crown. I'm not so sure he can afford Crown right now. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

When do we think the MJW report comes out, next week at the league owners meeting? Do we at least start to hear snippets of it from reporters at the owners meeting?

Monday would be best. Before the meetingd

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1