Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Yeah I don't buy the Wentz stuff either. He was Rivera's pick. I'm sure Snyder approved it as I'm sure all owners have to approve of high profile signings/trades but I don't think Snyder just made the trade and then went to Rivera and was like "this is our QB now."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

@FLSkinz83 joked recently (came off like it was good natured mocking some of us in his mind for being over the top with our hits on Dan) heck next they will put Wentz on Dan.

lol, now you got that actually being said in a report with freaking John Keim as a source.  Keim is no throw crap against the wall kind of reporter -- the sourcing on that had to be really solid for that to make the article.

So no joke now or you just don't believe it?

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Really, wow.  You know all of that.  I got to give you credit, I read everything I can get my hands on and probably post here more than anyone as to articles about Dan.

There is a heck of a lot that I didn't know.  So I give you props to be that plugged in.  The Junkes among others are floored by it, they are insiders at times, they didn't know half of that.

But you knowing about Wentz and Dan's invovlement with that, what Jerrry is really thinking, how some of the hires really happened, etc -- that's pretty cool.   I didn't.  So I get the yawn from you in that context. 

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

The Junkies just had a caller on from the industry and said team owners are getting their ducks in row behind the scenes and sited an example of someone who Jerry Jones just recently hired.  He made it sound like they've all been doing it this year.  Sounds like they're preparing for battle.  Maybe the reason why a vote to oust Snyder didn't take place at the last meeting.  They needed time to get ready. 

Don't know but certainly gives hope to getting Snyder removed.

37 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I don’t buy the Wentz stuff. It’s just too easy to pass the blame from the FO to Dan. He has the history of it. If it was talking about meddling they would have brought up Dwayne as the first move here and meddling. They didn’t. Wentz is just the recent failure that’s causing some heat. Ron talked all offseason before the trade about the QB need. He ran out of options. It was Wentz or bust 

the rest of the article I 100% believe. 

21 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Indeed. I think i flat out said last week that its laughable to think he doesn't have any money. But apparently he has leveraged so much of his assets that he is actually dead broke. Its crazy. As usually, you have the right of it. I cant imagine the mental pain you have to be in to own a multi-billion dollar asset and basically be the poor person in your social circle (that hates you). 

If nothing else, this tells me the heat we were (previously) putting on him by not going to games, not watching games, and not buying merch actually did have a huge effect on him. And we need to keep it up. Hell we could be in position to financially put him down if we take it a step further for just a few more years. 

I think I'm still a fan just for the fantasy that we make the ****er give up and sell. 

"BuT DaN SNyDER iS a BIllIONAIRe He CaNT be CaSH PoOr oR haVE hiS AsSets TIeD elSeWheRe!"

None of this is surprising at all, but a lot of it is new.

And he's posturing to not lose the team. I'm so happy I have a game tonight and will miss the majority of the Commander game tonight so I can just watch it quickly through when I get home. This franchise is an absolute joke and doesn't deserve the attention we give it.

I'm going to give it anyways. But it doesn't deserve it. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

It took you this long to realize there’s no possible way some one else could be worse ?

A lot of people were trying to sell Bezos as someone they would want as a new owner. I don't think the wonky eyed, penis shaped, union buster who forces employees to piss and **** in jars is someone I would want to run our franchise.

• Like 1

We may have speculated about the Private Investigators and dirt he had on the owners etc. but it’s a big deal that that aspect of the story is now national. It’s gonna get a ton of run and cause waves. If the NFL owners and Goodell are anything, it’s prideful. Plus, now if they don’t make a move against big bad abusive Snyder it’s outwardly out of fear and self-preservation rather than just normal billionaire politics. Bad look, and they are being challenged. It’s a big deal that ESPN is reporting these details to this degree, momentum is building despite the content of the article being about how he believes the owners can’t make a move on him imo. That very fact being publicly acknowledged might spur them on. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah I don't buy the Wentz stuff either. He was Rivera's pick. I'm sure Snyder approved it as I'm sure all owners have to approve of high profile signings/trades but I don't think Snyder just made the trade and then went to Rivera and was like "this is our QB now."

If there is one certainty of Dan including himself in football operations, historically - it’s always been at the QB position.

He’s quoted in the article as telling folks he needs a QB and a stadium as his silver bullets.

He is on record telling politicians as he pitches for gambling on site at Fed Ex, “We finally got ourselves a QB”.

Why would this time be any different?

Again, that’s not to say Ron had no interest in Wentz, or had another plan.  But it would be silly to pretend Snyder had zero influence and only approved the decision after Ron made all the plans to make it happen.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

As the Dan Turns.

Nothing in that article is surprising. Dan interfering again, wow. Surprising. Gearing up for a fight for his franchise by getting dirt on other owners and Goodell. Shocking.

Dan may ultimately be forced to sell but he’s not going anywhere without a fight and will try to take down as many people with him. This isn’t something that will be over quickly and done in a year. This will be a 2-3 year process,if not longer .

Also, if there’s coaching change during this time; no way in hell we are able to get anyone good.

I don’t know how much dirt Dan really has on other owners. I don’t think that’s what other owners are scared of. I think they know Dan could blow the lid on dealings with the players Union. How the nfl colluded to not give the players their full share.  If truth came out, it would blow things up with the players. I think that’s the real dirt and why the nfl hasn’t given Dan the boot.

I wouldn’t expect any winning anytime soon. 

Getting rid of Snyder is the ultimate win though

44 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I don’t buy the Wentz stuff. It’s just too easy to pass the blame from the FO to Dan. He has the history of it. If it was talking about meddling they would have brought up Dwayne as the first move here and meddling. They didn’t. Wentz is just the recent failure that’s causing some heat. Ron talked all offseason before the trade about the QB need. He ran out of options. It was Wentz or bust 

the rest of the article I 100% believe.

I think they brought up Wentz primarily because this happened after the "suspension" to show that he still was meddling in the decisions and that the people do not have complete control of day to day operations. They also named Haskins later but that was before the investigation.

5 minutes ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

Is this something that's being considered?

There’s a blurb in there about that, as a secondary option.  I almost threw up. 

What an absolute joke that would be, almost as big of a joke as the statement in there that she’s one of the best business people in America or some outrageously unbelievable statement.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Indeed. I think i flat out said last week that its laughable to think he doesn't have any money. But apparently he has leveraged so much of his assets that he is actually dead broke. Its crazy. As usually, you have the right of it. I cant imagine the mental pain you have to be in to own a multi-billion dollar asset and basically be the poor person in your social circle (that hates you). 

If nothing else, this tells me the heat we were (previously) putting on him by not going to games, not watching games, and not buying merch actually did have a huge effect on him. And we need to keep it up. Hell we could be in position to financially put him down if we take it a step further for just a few more years. 

I think I'm still a fan just for the fantasy that we make the ****er give up and sell. 

ok, cool, I wasn't thinking of you when I typed that.    The point I was trying to get it is some people think i am so off that his liquidity or cheapiness (it could be one or the other) effects his decision making -- my thoughts on it are ridiculous.  So for people to think i am that level wrong -- i am not used to that -- a little wrong sometimes, sure :ols:  but its rare when i am accused of having outlandish takes.

The idea that Dan is broke of course is indeed outlandish.  But the idea that Dan's liquidity isn't that hot and or is a cheap dude, I'll stubbornly cling to the idea that there is at a minimum a fighting change that its true.  That article's takeaway for me ironically was our best chance to get rid of the dude is his money situation -- and again money situation in billionaire terms not layman's liquidity terms.

As I said the thesis to me is for Dan to escape the dungeon here easily it would be simply ponying up the money himself for the stadium without a massive loan propping up the deal.  And if Dan had the money he'd simply do it.  But the thought in that article is the dude might not have that money and that might be his downfall.   

Edited by Skinsinparadise

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

There’s a blurb in there about that, as a secondary option.  I almost threw up. 

What an absolute joke that would be, almost as big of a joke as the statement in there that she’s one of the best business people in America or some outrageously unbelievable statement.

A potential disaster. 

Just now, woodpecker said:

After Haskins, McNabb, and the whole list which I do not need to rehash, I can’t believe anybody is surprised to hear that Snyder was behind the Wentz trade. 

I'm not surprised. But if that is true it means Rivera openly lied to the media to protect Snyder (again, if it's true).

Makes it easier when Snyder is removed to remove everyone and restart this thing, imo.

A removed Snyder could potentially mean we could lure in a high end coaching hire as well.

But, he won't be removed. He'll fight this for 5 years and this team will spiral down to nothing from the speckle it currently is. 

• Like 1

Let’s not forget how Snyder bragged to the Maryland gaming commission about how we “got our quarterback“. No we got HIS quarterback. And as usual, his quarterback is a huge setback for the franchise. there is a reason why, after all these years, he has still yet to hire a legitimate GM. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

but then she can divorce him and/or sell the team … that’s my thought … how else can she stay with a sociopath and justify it?

I mean the answer is pretty clear to me. She is just as bad and that's why it works for them.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

If there is one certainty of Dan including himself in football operations, historically - it’s always been at the QB position.

He’s quoted in the article as telling folks he needs a QB and a stadium as his silver bullets.

He is on record telling politicians as he pitches for gambling on site at Fed Ex, “We finally got ourselves a QB”.

Why would this time be any different?

Again, that’s not to say Ron had no interest in Wentz, or had another plan.  But it would be silly to pretend Snyder had zero influence and only approved the decision after Ron made all the plans to make it happen.

Yeah the rare public appearances when he said "we finally have a QB." tells a lot in retrospect.  But Keim writing a story where they go to town on it, I'd say its almost certain to be true.

If people disagee, how often does Dan get vindicated on these type of stories over time?  if anything over time, we find out that these stories if anything are a bit worse.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

A potential disaster. 

Agreed. That wouldn’t do any good at all. He’d still be running things from behind the scenes, just as he has been doing recently during his supposed suspension. As far as I’m concerned, any owner that does not vote to get rid of him at this point, is most likely guilty of some of the same things Snyder has been doing.

It would explain the QB line as well as why we were absolutely bent over a barrel for the trade itself in both pick cost and taking on his whole contract.

Nobody else would have been remotely dumb enough to pay that price, but Danny Boy sure would.

Rivera has upgraded from taking bullets to tanking absolute bombs for Snyder. He lead the "welcome Carson w/ a smile" committee even though the dude was a roster depth charge.

• Like 2