Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

We've had GM centric models:  Bruce, Vinny with Zorn, Jay, Spurrier.

No we havent, Vinny and Bruce were not GMs, they were minions, and pretend friends.  Neither had the authority to act as a GM, they had the authority to pretend to be one as long as their decisions matched up with Dans, and when they didnt Dan would override them, so its not something he has ever tried.  Its also something he likely never would.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

No we havent, Vinny and Bruce were not GMs, they were minions, and pretend friends.  Neither had the authority to act as a GM, they had the authority to pretend to be one as long as their decisions matched up with Dans, and when they didnt Dan would override them, so its not something he has ever tried.  Its also something he likely never would.

Yup. Dan has never gone out and tried to find a GM to hire. Bruce manipulated his way into Dans back pocket on the back of Mikes salt the earth exit. Vinny was his squash buddy. 

24 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

I think that’s SIP’s point. He’s not interested in doing things the right way (obviously, it would be so easy to do—multiple teams lay out the blueprint every offseason), those types of guys are his idea of palatable GM’s.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

Its amusing to me that people believe Dan isn't smart enough to hire a GM and run his money printing business but that hes at the same time smart enough to blackmail the entire NFL out in the open like some kind of criminal mastermind. 

Either hes an idiot or hes not 

I think you are confusing business prowess and the ability to be a petty, vindictive, spiteful POS.

Two things we know for absolute certain about Dan.  He’s completely inept when it comes to business management and he’s incredibly spiteful and petty, and it would seem all the money he saves on dry cleaning and field turf, he’s willing to spend on litigation.

• Like 1

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think you are confusing business prowess and the ability to be a petty, vindictive, spiteful POS.

Two things we know for absolute certain about Dan.  He’s completely inept when it comes to business management and he’s incredibly spiteful and petty, and it would seem all the money he saves on dry cleaning and field turf, he’s willing to spend on litigation.

Honestly you are probably right. I just feel like his role with this football team is so much easier than blackmailing the NFL lol 

But that seems like something that would be natural to him too, so.....whatever. I hate that dude so so much it doesnt even matter. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Bruce and Vinny never seemed to complain about him.

Yep, drink some Crown Royal with Dan, and bond about how the rest of the world are dummies and only they are the smart ones.  

Forgot the article but recall reading one about Bruce-Dan how they'd get together on most weeknights, often for drinks and kick back.  Hence my point the GM would have to subscribe to be Dan's best buddy, since it comes with the job. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Yup. Dan has never gone out and tried to find a GM to hire. Bruce manipulated his way into Dans back pocket on the back of Mikes salt the earth exit. Vinny was his squash buddy. 

Certain "leaders" don't like to empower people below them for fear they will get all the credit when there's success...Jerry Jones is part of this club too, with his incompetent handling of Jimmy Johnson back in 1993-94. No sane owner would have allowed that to happen.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Peregrine said:

I've written an encylopedia on the Bruce thread about how he's simply a politician and shouldn't be running personnel.  My argument isn't that Dan hired stud GMs.  As far as authority goes, Bruce had final say within the building outside of Dan.  Ditto Vinny with the exception of when Gibbs was here.

Dan has proven to interfere.  That's how he rolls.  He even steamrolled Shanny at times from what's come out when Shanny had control.

So if the premise is:

A.  Dan will hire a stud -- real pedigree GM.

B.  Dan will for the first time not interfere.

That indeed would be different.

My point is why should we assume that Dan will hire a stud personnel guy versus another Vinny or Bruce?  And why are we just going to assume that he won't interfere?

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Certain "leaders" don't like to empower people below them for fear they will get all the credit when there's success...Jerry Jones is part of this club too, with his incompetent handling of Jimmy Johnson back in 1993-94. No sane owner would have allowed that to happen.

For a historical precedent, look at 

I’d edit out the political comments.

You can make your point finding examples in the sports world.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've written an encylopedia on the Bruce thread about how he's simply a politician and shouldn't be running personnel.  My argument isn't that Dan hired stud GMs.  As far as authority goes, Bruce had final say within the building outside of Dan.  Ditto Vinny with the exception of when Gibbs was here.

Dan has proven to interfere.  That's how he rolls.  He even steamrolled Shanny at times from what's come out when Shanny had control.

So if the premise is:

A.  Dan will hire a stud -- real pedigreed GM.

B.  Dan will for the first time not to interfere.

That indeed would be different.

My point is why should we assume that Dan will hire a stud personnel guy versus another Vinny or Bruce?  And why are we just going to assume that he won't interfere?

He won’t.

Dan will never hire a real Gm and let the Gm then hire the coach. Dan’s ego can’t let that go.  Dan cares about flash. The big sexy free agent or the big sexy first round pick.

When the Ron era ends either in Jan. 23 or Jan. 24; Dan probably finds him a puppet Gm to assist him.  Dan knows he will need some pr after firing Ron.  So, he will hire a Gm and say this Gm will help him. In reality the Gm will be just a puppet. The front man, while behind the scenes, Dan’s  calling the shots on the bigger name free agents and the 1st round draft pick.

That’s why I think Martin Mayhew has a good chance of being that guy. Cash strapped Dan saves money by keeping him. He has a minority in the Gm role and he has a new buddy.

Then Martin and Dan try to find the cheapest coach out there.

I think the Texans and what they did last 2 years is probably the best example to see what happens here post Ron.

12 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Ron hired Mayhew, it would be slimy for him to stick around post-Ron.  I could see Dan wanting to go that route, but don’t see Mayhew doing it.

I’m convinced our next coach centric head coach is Dan Quinn if he’s not a head coach prior to Ron being fired.

It would be no different than Bruce staying around.  Martin could say no but if Dan wants him, Dan probably convinces him. Saying Martin can save the team, he once played for.

15 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Ron hired Mayhew, it would be slimy for him to stick around post-Ron.  I could see Dan wanting to go that route, but don’t see Mayhew doing it.

I’m convinced our next coach centric head coach is Dan Quinn if he’s not a head coach prior to Ron being fired.

You think Mayhew is getting a GM job elsewhere?  

3 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

You think Mayhew is getting a GM job elsewhere?  

No, but I think the whole band Ron put together leaves with Ron.  Unless Mayhew has money left on his deal, in which it would be a really awkward situation where he stays, which would be another mark on Dan Snyder’s how to run a billion dollar franchise into the ground bingo card.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Thumb up 1

31 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

He won’t.

Dan will never hire a real Gm and let the Gm then hire the coach. Dan’s ego can’t let that go.  Dan cares about flash. The big sexy free agent or the big sexy first round pick.

When the Ron era ends either in Jan. 23 or Jan. 24; Dan probably finds him a puppet Gm to assist him.  Dan knows he will need some pr after firing Ron.  So, he will hire a Gm and say this Gm will help him. In reality the Gm will be just a puppet. The front man, while behind the scenes, Dan’s  calling the shots on the bigger name free agents and the 1st round draft pick.

Sadly yes this is what I think would happen

Just now, FLSkinz83 said:

Raheem Morris is someone I can see Snyder being interested in.   From what I recall, he was well liked here.    

the guy that was runner up supposedly after Rivera when Dan made that hire was Marvin Lewis.    That would be my bet and Lewis would bring his buddy Herm Edwards.  

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

the guy that was runner up supposedly after Rivera when Dan made that hire was Marvin Lewis.    That would be my bet and Lewis would bring his buddy Herm Edwards.  

C'mon.  Why do you have to depress me further?  

It's going to Be Raheem Morris, DeMeco Ryans or Byron Leftwich.     and the GM will be be Mayhew or Riddick.    

I personally like the idea of Ben Johnson from the Lions....he was a QB at UNC like our boy Slingin Sammy!  

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

At least the process is better than coach centric even though I think Martin is terrible at his job. Rick Smith I would welcome with open arms. 

Someone to watch for though is Mo Brown. If the Colts implode and hes gone Mo is well thought of and knows how to navigate Dan. Thats if Dan doesnt go through the preferred route of interviewing a wide net from the good organizations. 

Edited by Zim489

2 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

At least the process is better than coach centric even though I think Martin is terrible at his job. Rick Smith I would welcome with open arms. 

Someone to watch for though is Mo Brown. If the Colts implode and hes gone Mo is well thought of and knows how to navigate Dan. Thats if Dan doesnt go through the preferred route of interviewing a wide net from the good organizations. 

Ah yes, forgot about Morocco Brown.   He would def. be on the list for Dan.  

Just now, FLSkinz83 said:

Ah yes, forgot about Morocco Brown.   He would def. be on the list for Dan.  

Even if Dan goes the full blown wide net search I would be happy if Mo was included in that list. Theres about 3 names I dont want here. Anyone related with Ron. Kyle Smith. Louis Riddick. 

Find some one else. 

We're due for a college coach or coordinator first-time head coach, in the tick-tock dan cycle. 

Also it's still amusing how he tried to sell "coach-centric" with the ron hire as if it wasn't exactly what he did with Gibbs and Shanahan. 

2 minutes ago, Pwyl said:

We're due for a college coach or coordinator first-time head coach, in the tick-tock dan cycle

If Lincoln didnt go to USC and we some how got the number 1 pick him and DCs own Caleb Williams would be screaming a cross country flight to Ashburn in 2024

2 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

What about promoting Eric Stokes?   I've heard him mentioned in high regard.   He was with Mike Holmgren for many years in Seattle. 

No one from inside the building.