Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

33 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sheehan talked about this on air today.  Couldn't tell if he heard this or was speculating that Dan's liquidity situation isnt as good as it once was.  He talked about that's why it might have taken longer than expected for the Terry deal to happen.  He said he heard this year they've downgraded their typical travel perks and meals for the team and team officials.

I recall Rivera talking about how expensive it was to do Richmond camp and had to cut back this year. 

I know some here push back on this and maybe they are right.  No way to know.

But for me the more smoke comes out the more I believe that Dan's liquidity situation isn't what it once was.  And its intuitve as heck even without these nuggets on and off from reporters.  He's paying off major debt.  And he might have to finance a stadium 100% himself.  

Maybe all true, but I see where this is all headed......Rivera talking about the Dan stuff being a distraction in his first presser in July....Now we've got fewer travel perk and meals.....etc..   I'm sure we'll hear how Rivera couldn't sign vet free agents because Dan didn't allow it.

How can you expect the team to succeed under these terrible work conditions?  

Can't let Rivera off the hook.

Edited by FLSkinz83
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Unless, he's allowed to take on even more debt

Billions of dollars of debt? Maybe but that seems crazy to get 10 figures to a guy who has failed in every single avenue of life 

27 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

new minority owners.

I just cant see how he going to get some one to pony up hundreds of millions to not have a say in the direction of the franchise. Its essentially giving Dan money and holding it hostage. 

Just a wild stat. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Here's another stat for you......Including the Tampa playoff game, We have only led at halftime in 11 of 36 games.   Trailed 22 and tied 3

of the 11 games we've led at halftime, only 4 have been by 7 points or more.  

Of the 22 games we trailed at half,  We have trailed by 7 or more points 18 times...15 out of those 18 times. we trailed by at least 10 points at half.

Would love the media to ask Ron about that.

Edited by FLSkinz83
  • Sad 2

47 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Maybe all true, but I see where this is all headed......Rivera talking about the Dan stuff being a distraction in his first presser in July....Now we've got fewer travel perk and meals.....etc..   I'm sure we'll hear how Rivera couldn't sign vet free agents because Dan didn't allow it.

How can you expect the team to succeed under these terrible work conditions?  

Can't let Rivera off the hook.

I hear you.  But I am not anti-Rivera guy or Dan is bad but maybe doesn't hamstring the team as much as some think kind of guy.   So to each their own on this. 

31 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Billions of dollars of debt? Maybe but that seems crazy to get 10 figures to a guy who has failed in every single avenue of life 

I don't know as fart as how it would go for him to get more loans and much heavier ones at that.  I am hoping not.  

Some say you can get money via corporate sponsors, deals with sports betting.  But I don't know. 

I think it's fair to say the cost of a stadium is well more than sponsorships can cover. Dan Snyder has no friends in any walk of life, whether it's business, political or other. His viability is done and the only one who doesn't realize it is Dan himself. Buying out the minority owners absolutely destroyed his liquidity and his behavior (combined with lack of business acumen and on-field performance of the team) scuttled any relationships he had. It's all his fault.

It would look bad to fire Ron and no one wants to coach here, anyway, so the team and fanbase are stuck with Ron, his staff and his personnel clams. The only way any of this will be fixed is a change from the ownership down. Doesn't matter of it's on-field performance, a new stadium or whatever else. It's frustrating watching teams have moments and see they have momentum, which makes it look like the turn it around overnight. This team is 20+ years into "We're just a couple players away from... " or "Those are things that can be coached" with no real change.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

I think it's fair to say the cost of a stadium is well more than sponsorships can cover. Dan Snyder has no friends in any walk of life, whether it's business, political or other. His viability is done and the only one who doesn't realize it is Dan himself. Buying out the minority owners absolutely destroyed his liquidity and his behavior (combined with lack of business acumen and on-field performance of the team) scuttled any relationships he had. It's all his fault.

It would look bad to fire Ron and no one wants to coach here, anyway, so the team and fanbase are stuck with Ron, his staff and his personnel clams. The only way any of this will be fixed is a change from the ownership down. Doesn't matter of it's on-field performance, a new stadium or whatever else. It's frustrating watching teams have moments and see they have momentum, which makes it look like the turn it around overnight. This team is 20+ years into "We're just a couple players away from... " or "Those are things that can be coached" with no real change.

Well, there IS Tanya...

Dan doesn't care about looking bad, and he doesn't have anyone to tell him differently any more. But there will always be SOMEONE who is willing to coach this team...but the chances of getting a top-tier coaching candidate is about ZERO. After Ron goes (whenever that is) we will get stuck with another Zorn or Jay Gruden type...guys who may be good coordinators but are out of their league at the head coaching level.

The problem is that a lot of these coordinators who are so desperate to get a head coaching job don't seem to realize that coaching this team will likely be the end of their NFL careers. Mike Shanahan won two Super Bowls and no one would hire him after being in DC. Zorn and Gruden had minor NFL jobs after leaving but are out of the league. Rivera likely won't take another head coaching job at his age and with his health problems. Washington...Where Careers Come To Die!!

All the good talent leaves here to coach other teams!

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Mike Shanahan won two Super Bowls and no one would hire him after being in DC.

Well Mike was old and notoriously difficult to deal with prior to even coming here. He also solidified himself as being a terrible talent evaluator. Plus his whole salt the earth on the way out was not seen favorably by the league owners. 

22 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Zorn

That ones easy lol

23 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Gruden

Jay showed year 1 that he wasnt HC material. He also showed that he was extremely married to his scheme. While he has his guys that fit the scheme it works great but if he doesnt he wont change and adapt leading to bad offenses. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ntotoro said:

Actually, plenty of coaches willing to work here. Just not quality coaches. Every  retread would love to take Dan's money. It's only one of 32 jobs. Look at Houston. Lovie  Smith is on his 3rd NFL job. Hell, Norv coached 3 teams. There will always be some desperate retread looking to get another. 4 of Dan's coaches were retreads.

The quality retread Marty was fired. Quality retread Joe was lured out f retirement but couldn't recapture his magic. Then 2 fired retreads, Shanny and Ron have taken. Dan can't get the quality coaches but he can get someone. 

2 hours ago, Zim489 said:

Jay showed year 1 that he wasnt HC material. He also showed that he was extremely married to his scheme. While he has his guys that fit the scheme it works great but if he doesnt he wont change and adapt leading to bad offenses. 

Its been this is year 3 into Ron Rivera....his teams dont look much better than Jay grudens...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, No Nonsense said:

Reports are that Robert Sarver, the owner of the Phoenix Suns is selling both his franchises.

Now I’m really pissed that Dan Snyder isn’t being forced to sell. 

Makes me so angry...DC Curse has risen from the grave and is stronger than ever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Is this Rivera's last year to show results? Or does he have one more year after this? I personally would give him one more year. It's not like there are any better options. I don't know his contract situation off the top of my head.

Statements like this crack me up. Do you truly believe that Ron Rivera, a man that has 3 winning seasons out of 11 or 12 in his NFL career, is truly one of the best humans on the planet to coach a football team to success? Really? 

Now, I would agree if you said "It's not like Dan Snyder would successfully upgrade from Rivera" or something like that. But to claim there aren't people more capable of coaching a football team than Ron Rivera is so laughable it's almost insulting. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

But to claim there aren't people more capable of coaching a football team than Ron Rivera is so laughable it's almost insulting. 

No, they just aren't willing to come here and give this place a chance,  no way in hell.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

43 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

No, they just aren't willing to come here and give this place a chance,  no way in hell.  

Like who? You’re saying that no good offensive coordinator is not willing to come here? You don’t believe Sean McDermott, a few years ago, was so high and mighty that he’d pass up a head coaching job with the Commanders? 

There’s good candidates out there. Washington needs to stop being lazy and find them. 

Edited by No Nonsense
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Statements like this crack me up. Do you truly believe that Ron Rivera, a man that has 3 winning seasons out of 11 or 12 in his NFL career, is truly one of the best humans on the planet to coach a football team to success? Really? 

Now, I would agree if you said "It's not like Dan Snyder would successfully upgrade from Rivera" or something like that. But to claim there aren't people more capable of coaching a football team than Ron Rivera is so laughable it's almost insulting. 

I think you knew exactly what he meant and just had the itch to argue. I’ve never seen anyone suggest that there are no better coaches than Ron.  We are way past the point of needing to qualify statements like that with *Dan Snyder.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

Washington needs to stop being lazy and find them. 

You realize who “Washington” is right?

Often times, in the head coach bashing threads, it’s like our fans forget who they are fans of or worse, live in a delusional state where it’s not as bad as it actually is.

Washington is Dan Snyder with a smidge of Tanya.  That’s who you are looking at to structure the organization for success.  Bruce was his security blanket and connection to the league.  All he has left for counsel is Joe Gibbs who is going on 2 decades out of the sport.  Dan had no choice but to give Rivera carte blanche just to lure him here.  But beyond that, he had to do it because he literally has zero idea of how to structure and manage a pro football team.  

At some point you guys need to learn to grade folks on a curve and act accordingly or just do yourself a favor and actually move on.  The constant clamoring for some new great leader to cure the 2+ decades of ills is not only unhealthy but simply unrealistic.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The constant clamoring for some new great leader to cure the 2+ decades of ills is not only unhealthy but simply unrealistic.

I think we’re all QUITE aware it’s unrealistic that it happens. But it can STILL be possible to wish for a new great leader while at the same time knowing it’s 99.99% likely not going to happen. 

Example: you probably wish most days you had 50M lying around, yes? (If you dont wish that, then what the **** is wrong with you :P). You know it’ll never happen, but it doesn’t stop you from wishing it :) 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

At some point you guys need to learn to grade folks on a curve and act accordingly or just do yourself a favor and actually move on.  The constant clamoring for some new great leader to cure the 2+ decades of ills is not only unhealthy but simply unrealistic.

If only the NFL had a REAL commissioner like Adam Silver.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

The economics of the NBA are different. Sarver wasn't voted out, he was losing sponsorships and probably would have had a hard time keeping local TV deals etc. The revenue sharing in the NBA is not nearly as overwhelming as it is in the NFL. The NBA's national TV deals are smaller and less lucrative.

Now, it *is* clear that the league office refused to go to bat for Sarver. Goodell and the other owners haven't even used their own bully pulpits to try to leave Snyder out on an island, let alone vote for a forced sale. It's interesting that the same "glass houses" argument for why the owners don't vote out Snyder also applies to the NBA owners. They have to know that every thing they've ever said in public or that can be verified is being scrutinized by reporters/bloggers/gadflies etc., and yet they still didn't close ranks around Sarver. Kinda puts the lie to that theory.

Edited by profusion
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Zim489 said:

I think this would be the stray that breaks the camels back. The Camel being the league.. The league needs the stadium and if Dan has to finance it himself 100% of the way than its never getting done. He cant afford it. 

Yeah, he can.  

He doesn’t want to.  But he can.  

He’s that rich.  It seems lost in people how rich he is. 

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

In the NFL, the commissioner can’t really do anything about Snyder.  It’s up to the other owners to do it.

And so far, they have been unwilling to do so.  

They need 22 votes.  Based on the report which interviewed owners, basically 2 said they were decided, 2 said they were on the fence.  

They are nowhere near 22 votes . 

Literally nothing else matters. 

Main difference between our dufus and the dufus in Phoenix is you had prominent players on his team and around the league speaking out against him. NFL players are more "go with the flow" types because if they step out of line they get the Kaepernick treatment or best case scenario treated like the old Carolina Safety who struggled to find a team.

Bottom line, we're screwed!

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Eh, I don’t know about that.  Especially offensively.  Jay had the 2016 team.  But the mastermind behind that offense was McVay.  

Who gruden kept no? After two games we are giving Turner the keys to fed ex? Grudens offenses with less talent looked just as good as under rivera. In 2017 he worked with terelle pryror josh docston jamison crowder and vernon davis as offensive playmakers….in fact id love to see what gruden the offensive coordinator could do with the offensive weapons they have today.