Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 minute ago, FrFan said:

This really does not belong here but screw Trent Williams.  He was paid a giant bonus, then at the back end it paid lower because he had already been paid big time.  He still wanted a new deal, claiming all that money he received "was in the past".  

Screw Trent Williams No way he was better than so many OL in the past.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

This really does not belong here but screw Trent Williams.  He was paid a giant bonus, then at the back end it paid lower because he had already been paid big time.  He still wanted a new deal, claiming all that money he received "was in the past".  

Screw Trent Williams No way he was better than so many OL in the past.  

Hate to tell you this but Trent Williams is historically good and this franchise ruined its relationship with arguably the best pound-for-pound player and athlete it ever had, AND on top of it he was the obvious good guy in the situation to anyone who wasn’t a Washington fan. The entire rest of the sports world was on his side and he is arguably even better today than he was for us. He’s the only modern-era HOF level player we’ve drafted and we ruined it. 

What you’re describing about his contract is how contracts work for elite players. When the guarantees run out and an injury could leave them vulnerable, it’s treated as a decision point in the contract where it’s time to give more guaranteed money or move on. Contracts are now structured this way on purpose, and renegotiating is expected. Basically only the Bruce Allen/Snyder led team played dumb and didn’t want to operate that way with their franchise player. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Didn’t Trent Williams leave AFTER the medical team he was mad at got fired? 

Yeah, then they hired the guy who was running his own form of Breaking Bad out of Redskin Park as the head trainer. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Didn’t Trent Williams leave AFTER the medical team he was mad at got fired? 

This is correct, but only after things had gotten really ugly and he had to reveal to the media what his problem with them even was, getting public opinion on his side. It’s not exactly a compromise or gift to your best player to finally make a change when you have to go through that whole muddy saga in the first place to see change. 

2 minutes ago, dyst said:

Go to a another team and all of a sudden Madden ranks him higher. Did he get better as a senior citizen now?

Um yes he did. He’s incredible and aging really well. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Conn said:

This is correct, but only after things had gotten really ugly and he had to reveal to the media what his problem with them even was, getting public opinion on his side. It’s not exactly a compromise or gift to your best player to finally make a change when you have to go through that whole muddy saga in the first place to see change. 

I wasn’t saying it was a compromise or a gift, I was trying to point out from the tweet, that snyders medical team that could’ve killed him was fired BEFORE Trent got the chance to “get tf out of here”.

The tweet is trying to make it sound as if the medical team that he hated was still there when he got traded in 2020. 

I cannot partake in any Trent slander.  Dude is and always was an absolute monster.  A legitimate specimen that anyone with eyes could tell would age better than most.

I find it odd when folks who are well aware of just how disastrous the Bruce Allen regime was, find a way to blame Trent for how things ended.  There’s a lot we don’t know.  But given what we do know about all parties involved, I’m not sure how Bruce is given any benefit of doubt.  When these divorces take place, it’s never any one thing - it’s a combination of a whole lot of things.  How anyone can blame Trent, an elite player, for wanting out of pro football Siberia in the late stage of his career is beyond comprehension.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I wasn’t saying it was a compromise or a gift, I was trying to point out from the tweet, that snyders medical team that could’ve killed him was fired BEFORE Trent got the chance to “get tf out of here”.

The tweet is trying to make it sound as if the medical team that he hated was still there when he got traded in 2020. 

Its semantics. If he didn’t make the huge fuss he did that eventually got him traded, that medical team wouldn’t have been fired. So it’s all part of the same string of events that you can’t really separate imo, because after a certain point he was just done here and it wasn’t salvageable. 

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

That’s not the point I was making, so YES, it’s entirely irrelevant. 

It goes to show that his instincts not to trust the franchise was correct. There is no disputing this fact, but of course you're going to continue your PR spin for this horrible team.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

It goes to show that his instincts not to trust the franchise was correct. There is no disputing this fact, but of course you're going to continue your PR spin for this horrible team.

The point I was making has nothing to do with whether on not his instincts were correct. Nobody here is arguing that they weren’t. literally ZERO people. 

I’ll try again. Maybe this time it’ll click. I was trying to point out from the tweet that the medical team that could’ve killed him was gone BEFORE Trent got out of Washington. 

so yes, his instincts to not trust the team is ENTIRELY irrelevant to MY point. Can’t make it any clearer than that 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 1

“Didn’t he leave after the medical team was fired?”

”yeah and they hired a guy running a drug ring to replace them”

”irrelevant!”

no. It’s really not. When the complaint is you hire ****ty people, pointing out they fired the ****ty people and then replaced them with different yet somehow equally ****ty people, is completely relevant. 

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

was trying to point out from the tweet that the medical team that could’ve killed him was gone BEFORE Trent got out of Washington. 

I don’t know why people running a drug ring isn’t considered something that can kill you

isnt a trainer running a drug ring that killed a baseball player sitting in prison right now?

think he got like 20-25 years?

Edited by tshile
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

“Didn’t he leave after the medical team was fired?”

”yeah and they hired a guy running a drug ring to replace them”

”irrelevant!”

no. It’s really not. When the complaint is you hire ****ty people, pointing out they fired the ****ty people and then replaced them with different yet somehow equally ****ty people, is completely relevant. 

I don’t know why people running a drug ring isn’t considered something that can kill you

isnt a trainer running a drug ring that killed a baseball player sitting in prison right now?

think he got like 20-25 years?

1) my point wasn’t about who they replaced the old medical staff with 

2) wasn’t it reported that none of the players from our team were the ones being sold any of the that stuff anyway? That has nothing at all to do with what I’m saying, so yeah, it’s completely irrelevant.

28 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I cannot partake in any Trent slander.  Dude is and always was an absolute monster.  A legitimate specimen that anyone with eyes could tell would age better than most.

I find it odd when folks who are well aware of just how disastrous the Bruce Allen regime was, find a way to blame Trent for how things ended.  There’s a lot we don’t know.  But given what we do know about all parties involved, I’m not sure how Bruce is given any benefit of doubt.  When these divorces take place, it’s never any one thing - it’s a combination of a whole lot of things.  How anyone can blame Trent, an elite player, for wanting out of pro football Siberia in the late stage of his career is beyond comprehension.

Again this is in the wrong thread. Having said that Trent made claims about his treatment that were contradicted by actual facts.  RR had a long talk with him. all the people he was supposed to be mad at were gone and this was a fresh start. Still he said "they were not on the same page" which only means money.

It was never a medical issue, he took the big part of his contract in the early years, which he wanted and got, then cried that the deal he agreed to "was in the past".  And as a result we lost probably the best player this team has had in decades, over lies and deceit.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Again this is in the wrong thread. Having said that Trent made claims about his treatment that were contradicted by actual facts.  RR had a long talk with him. all the people he was supposed to be mad at were gone and this was a fresh start. Still he said "they were not on the same page" which only means money.

It was never a medical issue, he took the big part of his contract in the early years, which he wanted and got, then cried that the deal he agreed to "was in the past".  And as a result we lost probably the best player this team has had in decades, over lies and deceit.  

You've made a lot of conclusions about what transpired without knowing all or even most of the facts.  You've cited 'claims about his treatment that were contradicted by actual facts' as if we even know the whole story of how everything went down.  I'd venture a guess we know only a smidge of what actually transpired.  Sure, money probably came into play - but it's pro football and it always does with elite players.  But the dude played at a very high level here for losing teams under losing regimes for a loser owner and GM, who provided loser facilities and care, where "the culture was damn good".  At some point, enough is enough and he found that point.

Feel free to take the side of Bruce Allen and the rest of his regime vs. that of an elite player at one of the most important positions in the game, most likely future HOF, who is still playing at an elite level.  I would advise against it, but it's a free world.

Bruce Allen was a dip****. Trent Williams claimed he had medical problems and in hindsight, everything I recall hearing about it was that health wasn't the problem, and considering the trades other teams offered and were turned down, everyone in the NFL knew it was an excuse to sit out too.

If a player wants to get out, preach, brother. Say it louder for the people in the back that this team is a hellhole and you want out. We all hated Bruce already, so don't screw around about it. But Trent didn't care about leaving a hellhole with a ****y GM because that wasn't what it was about. It was about getting more money without ever saying "I want more money".

Screw Bruce Allen, but screw Trent Williams too for playing a sympathy "I got a bump on my head" card instead of saying "I am the best O-Lineman to happen to this team in decades, I require more currency".

• Like 3