Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

4 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

The employees at Commanders Park are putting in overtime this weekend. 

Just proving my point. You have no idea who I am but can't help but make a dumb comment.

My name is Patrick Lindsey. I grew up in Northern Va and now live in Pennsylvania. I currently work inb a wharehouse. Thanks for playing. 

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Plindsey66 said:

The only choice any of you have is to either be a fan or not. Past that, you really have no say.

Totally agree.

I used to be a huge fan of a winning football team.

Now I am a fan of clown shows. 

That's all they give me, so I happily go along. :cheers:

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, SkinsFTW said:

Totally agree.

I used to be a huge fan of a winning football team.

Now I am a fan of clown shows. 

That's all they give me, so I happily go along. :cheers:

Exactly, we can either embrace the disfunction and hope it gets better or move along. Very little point in hanging around and being miserable.... also, I see all these posters that are "embarressed" by the team or by Snyder. That's like me being embarressed  because my local McDonalds can't get me through the drive thru in less than 10 minutes. I either deal with it or go somewhere else.   

41 minutes ago, Plindsey66 said:

Long, long time lurker on these boards. Washington fan for even longer (50 years) I have never posted before and probably will never post again. I have to say all the over the top whining and crying about the owner, and free agency, and the draft, and the mclaurin contract and everything else under the sun Is ruining this site.

This is a message board discussing subjects relating to a professional sports team. I'm trying to understand what the threads on here should be. Please offer suggestions.

I also think fans should enter each season optimistically; however, I'm going to excuse a lot of folks who have experienced the past 30 seasons and are not automatically penciling in a 12+win season just because we have Carson Wentz.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Plindsey66 said:

I have to say all the over the top whining and crying about the owner, and free agency, and the draft, and the mclaurin contract and everything else under the sun Is ruining this site.

So ... you just had to complain about people ruining something you like, when those people are complaining about someone ruining something they like.

Awkward Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

:229:The Rook

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

Patrick said that Goodell said that Snyder had to give up the team to his wife. As if the league did something and he stepped down.

This isn't true. 

Snyder is just pretending that he's not involved, and his wife is making the decisions now. Which also isn't true. 

Just because he misspoke and said owner instead of CEO does not nullify his entire take. I get Dan has not really stepped back from anything but roger will and did contend he has. That is true. Just the penalty was CEO not ownership. 

He had a solid take in that roger did his job of taking the arrows and dan just needs to get to football and the attention will shift. That is not main point not whether dan had to give up ownership or CEO of not. 

43 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

This is a message board discussing subjects relating to a professional sports team. I'm trying to understand what the threads on here should be. Please offer suggestions.

I also think fans should enter each season optimistically; however, I'm going to excuse a lot of folks who have experienced the past 30 seasons and are not automatically penciling in a 12+win season just because we have Carson Wentz.

It's not about what the threads are. It's about all the people trying to shame a poster for buying season tickets. It's his or her money. What the hell business is it of anyone's what he/she does with their money. 

That is just one example. It is basically cancel culture and virtrue signaling. If you don't think Snyder is the Devil you must be shamed. I am soory to break it to you, but,  Snyder is not Satan, I am pretty sure on that.

However, if anyone actually posts anything that even remotely looks like they are defending Snyder, they are attacked. Keep it in perspective. I know it's taboo to say these days, but everyone's opinion is equal. Period. Hate Snyder, Love Snyder, or somewhere in the middle (that is where I am) it all carries the same weight. Which is not very much by the way.

It is all the negative crying and whining and conspriacy theories about the owner and being offended by anyone who doesn't want to do the same. I doubt many of you have ever met the man, yet you sit in judgment on him and anyone who dare say anything close to nice about him. That is not anyone's place. You are nothing more than a fan. One fan, or closer to the truth, a customer. One out of many same as me.

You can stop being a fan/customer any time you want. However, if others choose to stay a fan/customer and spend their money accordingly, it is none of your or anyone elses business.

It goes beyond this thread. Like I said, I have lurked on this site for a long time. It was an enjoyable experience in the past. It no longer is. Not because the team has not done well but because the posts have become so negative and there are so many know-it-all posters who evidently feel morally superior to eveyone else. 

I get it about not expecting good things from this team. Nobody is saying you should, but what is the point of being a fan of a team if you are just going to cry, and whine, and moan about everything the team does. It seems especially fruitless to spend your time worrying about the actions of a man who will never play a down on Sunday. He's gonna do what he is gonna do. Who cares. The bottom line is people don't like him so EVERYTHING he does is the worst thing that ever has happened in the history of the NFL. 

For example, nobody in their right mind would voluntarily testify in front of a hostle congressional committee without first having been subpeoned and then having exhausted all avenues to have the subpeona quashed. He would be an idiot to do otherwise. It doesn't make him Satan. It just make him (or his attorney) smart.

I believe, this might be the best team we have seen in many years. It may not be, but I think there is a good chance of having a playoff team, barring too many injuries. Many may disagree and that's fine. I don't think that makes them either better or worse than me. It just means they have a different opinion, too which they are entitled.   

Disclaimer: when I say You, I don't mean you specifically as I have no idea who you are. 

26 minutes ago, The Rook said:

So ... you just had to complain about people ruining something you like, when those people are complaining about someone ruining something they like.

The MAJOR difference being that, as far as I know, none of those posters own this mesaage board. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Snyder owns the team 100 percent. It is his to ruin. Again, if you don't like it, you do not have to be a fan. And before you say it, that is the same choice I have regarding this site.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 2

5 minutes ago, Plindsey66 said:

It's not about what the threads are. It's about all the people trying to shame a poster for buying season tickets. It's his or her money. What the hell business is it of anyone's what he/she does with their money. 

That is just one example. It is basically cancel culture and virtrue signaling. If you don't think Snyder is the Devil you must be shamed. I am soory to break it to you, but,  Snyder is not Satan, I am pretty sure on that.

However, if anyone actually posts anything that even remotely looks like they are defending Snyder, they are attacked. Keep it in perspective. I know it's taboo to say these days, but everyone's opinion is equal. Period. Hate Snyder, Love Snyder, or somewhere in the middle (that is where I am) it all carries the same weight. Which is not very much by the way.

It is all the negative crying and whining and conspriacy theories about the owner and being offended by anyone who doesn't want to do the same. I doubt many of you have ever met the man, yet you sit in judgment on him and anyone who dare say anything close to nice about him. That is not anyone's place. You are nothing more than a fan. One fan, or closer to the truth, a customer. One out of many same as me.

You can stop being a fan/customer any time you want. However, if others choose to stay a fan/customer and spend their money accordingly, it is none of your or anyone elses business.

It goes beyond this thread. Like I said, I have lurked on this site for a long time. It was an enjoyable experience in the past. It no longer is. Not because the team has not done well but because the posts have become so negative and there are so many know-it-all posters who evidently feel morally superior to eveyone else. 

I get it about not expecting good things from this team. Nobody is saying you should, but what is the point of being a fan of a team if you are just going to cry, and whine, and moan about everything the team does. It seems especially fruitless to spend your time worrying about the actions of a man who will never play a down on Sunday. He's gonna do what he is gonna do. Who cares. The bottom line is people don't like him so EVERYTHING he does is the worst thing that ever has happened in the history of the NFL. 

For example, nobody in their right mind would voluntarily testify in front of a hostle congressional committee without first having been subpeoned and then having exhausted all avenues to have the subpeona quashed. He would be an idiot to do otherwise. It doesn't make him Satan. It just make him (or his attorney) smart.

I believe, this might be the best team we have seen in many years. It may not be, but I think there is a good chance of having a playoff team, barring too many injuries. Many may disagree and that's fine. I don't think that makes them either better or worse than me. It just means they have a different opinion, too which they are entitled.   

Disclaimer: when I say You, I don't mean you specifically as I have no idea who you are. 

31 minutes ago, The Rook said:

Screwed that up...

The MAJOR difference is that Snyder owns the team and as far as I know, the posters I am referring to do not own this site. Please correct if I am wrong.

Again, if someone wants to stop being a fan or not stop being a fan because of Snyder, they are free to do such. Same choice I have regarding this website. It is not all that complicated.

33 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Lurkers whining about whiners.

There are several facebook groups, or at least there were, where folks are over the top positive about pretty much everything to do with the team.  I'd try there, if that's the subject matter you're looking for.

Really?  Can you name a few?  Serious question.  Not that I really want to join them.  But I am interested in their existence.

I haven't come across a positive Commander's fan in ... well definitely since they became the Commanders.

Or for that matter a positive Washington Football Team fan since, well, they became the Washington Football Team.

Or for that matter a positive Redskins fan since ... well, probably 2019.  (I think just about everybody knew the bottom was going to fall out after 2019. 

I mean, some positive stuff here and there about the fact Rivera probably doesn't suck as a human being.  And is an ok coach.  But that's about the extent of the positivity I see just about anywhere....

35 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Lurkers whining about whiners.

There are several facebook groups, or at least there were, where folks are over the top positive about pretty much everything to do with the team.  I'd try there, if that's the subject matter you're looking for.

2 points

-I have as much right to post as you do.

-I would rather all the haters leave this sight instead.

Thanks a bunch for your input though.  

• Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

@Plindsey66 expect a lot of thumbs downs 😂

(I’m neither on his side or against it, for anyone seeing this!!) 

**also, wasn’t there a Patrick Lindsey in ***** Creek (not sure if typing the name of the show gets me banned….I doubt it would….but I’m not trying to give anyone more ammo!) ? 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

46 minutes ago, The Rook said:

46 minutes ago, The Rook said:

The difference should be obvious. Snyder owns the team. It's his to ruin. As far as I know, none of the posters I am refering to own this website. For me, and I suspect others, those people just make it a less enjoyable place to go.

• Thumb down 1

3 minutes ago, Plindsey66 said:

The difference should be obvious. Snyder owns the team. It's his to ruin. As far as I know, none of the posters I am refering to own this website. For me, and I suspect others, those people just make it a less enjoyable place to go.

What positives should we be on here talking about? I'm truly intrigued. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

He had a solid take in that roger did his job of taking the arrows and dan just needs to get to football and the attention will shift. That is not main point not whether dan had to give up ownership or CEO of not. 

That's not going to be true.  Because if for whatever reason this dies down by the time football season comes around, I abso-lutely guarantee you there will be something about Dan the week before the season begins from one of three sources:

- The Washington Post

- Congress

- Lisa Bank's civil suit

Those groups are not going to let this die.  So if the idea is to get to football season so football takes over the conversation, it won't work.  

If I was advising Dan, I'm I would advise him to:

- go to the NFL, and offer a significant actual suspension (you decide whether it will be or not with his wife running the team, but actually have the NFL suspend him officially)

- go to Lisa Banks and offer her a settlement of some significant amount (granted, this would be seen as a payoff, but I think that's EXACTLY what she's looking for, and just make sure it's couched the right way, and everybody will be happy)

- with Congress, I think I'd advise him to call their bluff and show the eff up.  Then not say a damn thing. 

Just get it over with.  Stop trying to fight it.  Settle everything, "admit" everything, take a year long actual suspension, and be done with it.  So when there are new stories, everybody, NFL and the team, can say, "Yeah, we know, it's all in the past and it's all been handled."  

He will NEVER do this.  Because for him to do this, he would have to admit he made mistakes.  And he won't do that.  He's too arrogant self unaware to be able to do it.  

Does that get US closer to getting rid of HIM?  No.  But it would at least have a chance of quashing the quarterly Post stories and the impending Lisa Banks litigation, whenever that happens. It gets Congress off his back, and he can go back to being a schmuck out of the public eye.  

Btw, it makes all the sense in the world for Congress to subpoena Dan.  Even if it's not a public hearing, it's under oath.  There are 2 things which can come out of that:

1. They set a perjury trap for him. (Which he probably won't fall into because he's not going to answer any question with anything other than, "I don't recall" or "Plead the 5th" But they can try)

2. Whatever he does says will be matter of public record, and Lisa Banks can get it, and that will aid her in her civil case.

However, he's not going to show up. 

Edited by Voice_of_Reason

4 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Taylor Heinicke beat Brady, Wilson, Carr and the Panthers last season, is the absolute best and most valuable backup QB in the league.  I mean, our backup QB has a higher completion percentage than our starter.

That's a huge positive, and I think we should talk more about it.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Plindsey66 said:

2 points

-I have as much right to post as you do.

-I would rather all the haters leave this sight instead.

Thanks a bunch for your input though.  

At this point, there are more haters than there are lovers.  You are in the minority.  I was merely pointing you to places that are more suited to your preference.

I never said you don’t have the right to post.  But pardon me for not giving one iota of a dung what you would rather see here.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb down 1

53 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Really?  Can you name a few?  Serious question.  Not that I really want to join them.  But I am interested in their existence.

I can’t remember the exact names.  I left them some years back as it attracts the lowest common denominator of fan, think - 980 callers.  But I’d bet they still exist.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

5 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don't think it effects him at all.  I'm sure he's aware of what he wants to be aware of.  I know he wants to make sure he keeps his team.  I'm pretty sure he basically says "**** them and moves on with his billionaire lifestyle without losing sleep over any of it.  

There's a difference between being aware, which he probably is, and really caring that he's despised to the point it bothers him.  He lacks the self awareness for the latter.  

I'm absolutely positive he thinks, "They are all out to get me.  It's not my fault.  I did nothing wrong.  It's the Post's agenda.  It's the minority owner's slander.  It's Vinny.  It's Bruce.  It's not me.  I'm getting attacked for no reason.  So I will defend myself.  But it's not my fault."

And when you have somebody who has that mindset, and is a Billionaire, I just find it hard to believe he is really suffering or enduring any emotional turmoil of it.  

Note, this is a criticism of Dan, not a defense.  I think he has so much arrogance and so little self awareness that while he might be mad about it, he thinks he's completely innocent, and therefore he's just sending his minions to defend him.  

This is spot-on.  Great write-up.

Dan is a classic malignant narcissist.  It renders him incapable of coming to terms with the fact that these things are because of him.  His brain simply doesn't possess the function to take on this responsibility by accepting it.  

Dan has so man personal issues as a human being.  I hope for his sake and his son's that he can get them fixed.  Sadly, because of his condition, he'll never see his issues nor believe anyone who may point them out, hence...they'll never be fixed.

We as fans are left with nothing.  

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

We are setting personal bests over here

Number of Days Since Last Incident Sign Distressed Wood | Etsy Canada

53 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I can’t remember the exact names.  I left them some years back as it attracts the lowest common denominator of fan, think - 980 callers.  But I’d bet they still exist.

The kind of people that think we have a real shot at the superbowl every season? **Shudder**

• Haha 2

I can honestly say that each time Washington raised a Lombardi I never once thought "so glad for Jack and the Cooke family". I don't like Snyder. I doubt I have anything in common with the Snyders, or Leonsisisisis, or Lerner's.  

I really enjoyed the championship runs of the Skins back in the day. And the Caps and Nats more recently. Never once did I think of the ownership and their morality.  My guess is none of them share my values.(I've never had "making maximum profits" as the top of my list).