Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 hour ago, Peregrine said:

TLDR: No one seems to understand why the NFL is backing Snyder still.  In 2012 the NFL hit the team with cap penalties, which is coincidentally when the skimming started happening.  What if the reason the NFL never discovered it in audits, saw it in the Wilkerson report and still buried it, and wont go after Snyder is they agreed to it as compensation for punishing the teams ability to compete for several years, collude against the players, and selling out fans.  Anyway, this is the only way I have fun with this team.

Does that mean we have to thank John Mara?

Realistically, nothing will happen to Dan from the other owners unless one of two things occur:

1. A criminal charge and likely guilt
  2. This affects Dan being able to secure money to get a new stadium built.

I think it's pretty obvious Dan is overleveraged. The owners may have approved last year's loan knowing he couldn't afford it in the long run. If that's the case, the owners played the long game effectively. They're that smart.  Also, If Dan can't get a new stadium built, he'll be gone. It's what caused many moves in the NFL, if not all moves. Up to this point, moves haven't involved loss of ownership. Those other owners who have moved locations at least could go to another market and leverage new city councils and states to pony up money. Guess what, I don't think anyone is going to pony up the cash that Dan will need to get this done. He doesn't have liquid cash. Dan may get some local money, but not the billion or more he really needs. If he can't get a new stadium done, which the NFL loves for new revenue streams, we'll eventually see 24 owners get him out in some manner. 

9 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

It would be a bit unwise to move from the 7th media market to the 21st.

https://www.lyonspr.com/latest-nielsen-dma-rankings/amp/

It’s bigger than that with all things considered. 7th just with dc area alone it doesn’t factor in Richmond and Norfolk which pushes it to third by itself. And that’s without even including the parts of wv and northern parts of nc that are part of the teams market 

Criminal charge and guilt could take years if not more. So I don't see this as a tipping point for other owners.

But right now, Dan's tenure is bringing on real bad publicity to the NFL between sexual misconduct, and now the financial part of it, with ****ing the fans as well isn't good for the NFL's image. Those are reflecting on them badly, and they'll have to move in.

At some point, the other owners will have to sacrifice Dan to put this all away from the NFL. They cannot sustain that kind of talk for much more longer. It already ****ed up a bit of the last Superbowl. I don't think they want this to ruin the upcoming draft.

And all of these are definately going against Dan while looking for a new stadium. Who's gonna give money to a guy that is supposedly stealing money from the NFL and his own fans? I doubt many banks would like to have that kind of customer. I don't see any reason why Dan would get the new stadium he wants in those conditions if he doesn't buy it himself. Too many risks for everyone, and too much bad publicity associated with him.

4 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Where could he move to?

Salt Lake city 

San Antonio 

St louis

Portland

San Diego 

A couple of those are plausible...however the point I was trying to make was that who in those cities will get away with enticing Dan to their metro areas? He's not getting money from those folks. Dan doesn't have liquid assets to finance a new stadium without public money. 

56 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Say hello to the St. Louis Commanders!!

30 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Say hello to the San Diego Commanders!!

You realize the team is in a very desirable media market and it’s Snyder that has made it undesirable, right? The greater DC area is a massive selling point for a new owner in that regard. There’s no danger of the team moving lol. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Conn said:

You realize the team is in a very desirable media market and it’s Snyder that has made it undesirable, right? The greater DC area is a massive selling point for a new owner in that regard. There’s no danger of the team moving lol. 

Realistically, no I don't think he will move the team. But Snyder IS a vindictive little dwarf, who may throw a tantrum if he doesn't get a stadium deal and call in the Mayflower moving vans. If he can't get what he wants, he'll take his ball and go home...or to San Diego.

I agree that nobody should give him money, but as far as I know, we are just regular people here. Not NFL owners. I think banks and states are going to treat him much differently than they would us. So, maybe our hopes are in the correct place, but I wonder if our reality is?

but, I really hope something like this is true,

33 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

I think it's pretty obvious Dan is overleveraged. The owners may have approved last year's loan knowing he couldn't afford it in the long run. If that's the case, the owners played the long game effectively. They're that smart.  Also, If Dan can't get a new stadium built, he'll be gone. It's what caused many moves in the NFL, if not all moves. Up to this point, moves haven't involved loss of ownership. Those other owners who have moved locations at least could go to another market and leverage new city councils and states to pony up money. Guess what, I don't think anyone is going to pony up the cash that Dan will need to get this done. He doesn't have liquid cash. Dan may get some local money, but not the billion or more he really needs. If he can't get a new stadium done, which the NFL loves for new revenue streams, we'll eventually see 24 owners get him out in some manner. 

Nobody should buy a ticket to home games this year knowing that he's thieving money. The NFL needs to force him to sell the team so the franchise and fanbase can move on from this 23 year nightmare.

4 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

He would have to get the NFL to vote on his move? I can't see them allowing that.

It won't happen. All I see happening is a forced sale. Especially with the news out that he was withholding money from the others.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, SlinginSammy HOF '63 said:

Nobody should buy a ticket to home games this year knowing that he's thieving money. The NFL needs to force him to sell the team so the franchise and fanbase can move on from this 23 year nightmare.

It won't happen. All I see happening is a forced sale. Especially with the news out that he was withholding money from the others.

It would be nice if that would happen. But there are just too many fans who down 14 Schlitz beers in the parking lot and scream "LET'S GO WOOOOOOOOO!!! COME ON REDSKOMMANDERS BEAT DALLAS!!! YEAH!! WOOOO!!!!" for this to ever happen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Realistically, no I don't think he will move the team. But Snyder IS a vindictive little dwarf, who may throw a tantrum if he doesn't get a stadium deal and call in the Mayflower moving vans. If he can't get what he wants, he'll take his ball and go home...or to San Diego.

No, he won’t. The NFL needs to approve things like that, deals need to be made with cities, he’s cash poor and over-leveraged, in debt TO the NFL—it would also be political suicide for politicians in  another city to court Snyder. It’s not a realistic concern whatsoever, if he’s unable to find someone in the area he’s already in to give him a stadium deal, that’ll just be another reason for the other 31 owners to force him to sell. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, SlinginSammy HOF '63 said:

I hope your right. This could take years to get rid of him. 

41 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I agree that nobody should give him money, but as far as I know, we are just regular people here. Not NFL owners. I think banks and states are going to treat him much differently than they would us. So, maybe our hopes are in the correct place, but I wonder if our reality is?

but, I really hope something like this is true,

I understand the logic, but how much are people willing to sacrifice the team on the field?  No fan support, empty stadiums, home field "road" games, etc.  Makes the players job that much harder.  And we know we won't cut them any slack for their performance.

Edited by justice98

14 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I understand the logic, but how much are people willing to sacrifice the team on the field?  No fan support, empty stadiums, home field "road" games, etc.  

Yeah, I get it, but I feel that having something NFL related in your state or county would be seen as a huge deal in these peoples eyes. I think they could be convinced that something shiny and new Would bring the fans..

look our pipes are busting and our stands are caving…if you just give us the money, fans will come for a better experience and will spend enough money that we can employ x amount of people with x revenue brought to your town. If you build it, they will come.

I mean, I think with everything that has been going on and people are still working with him on the new stadium kind of gives hints at the direction it would go. We haven’t filled stands and his ownership has been. Complete disaster, yet the stadium is in the works.

I don’t agree with it, but I can see it happening. I surely hope it doesn’t.

edit: I read your post wrong, but he will still have the away fans showing up. It wouldn’t be too much different then now. We already have the lowest attendance figures

furthermore, I want this guy gone. The redskins have been dead for a long time. I think the NFL knows this is a valuable market if the team is ran properly. Even if this team moves, I believe another will replace it eventually. 

i would really rather him not be in the NFL, but I would accept if he just got the hell away from here.

If he moves, I hope it’s an expansion team in Europe, I’ll accept him moving to a different country

Edited by Fan since a Fetus

2 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Say hello to the St. Louis Commanders!!

1 hour ago, Bifflog said:

It would be a bit unwise to move from the 7th media market to the 21st.

https://www.lyonspr.com/latest-nielsen-dma-rankings/amp/

1 hour ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Say hello to the San Diego Commanders!!

This exchange literally made me laugh out loud, thanks fellas! 🤣

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

19 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Just a minute.

Say Bezos get approved as owner for the fall meetings. My guess he would have his own people in by January and they would likely move on from Ron. He will want his own coach.

Hopefully they move on from the terrible Commanders name also.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WFT4Ever said:

Sorry if this has been discussed, but do you all think the team did this revenue hiding thing in response to the “spirit of the cap” fine for the capless year?

That was in 2012 wasnt it? 

I think it was going on before and after the uncapped year. Guys that cheat don't just cheat a little and then stop. 

Again, nobody thinks the Astros only banged on trash cans for one season. Nobody should think that Snyder was running two books for a short time either. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Gutsy call!

This guy got balls!

21 minutes ago, slinky said:

Bezos would name us Amazons.

Which would be great regarding the sexual misconduct scandals.

23 minutes ago, slinky said:

For me, this is the key. I mean, I'll never be that little kid crying over the SB loss to Oakland or trash talking Philly fans in the late 80s-early 90s but if a more fitting name were chosen, I'd feel a lot better.

Also, I'm beginning to think Commanders was not even done for the military tie-in but as an actual middle finger which references both Handmaid's Tale and Jay and Silent Bob and that evil little man just chuckled his ass off about it. If someone else comes in, the best possible thing they could do besides pulling an Augean Stables is to change the ****ing name and uniforms.

• Thanks 1