Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

I'm pulling for the Bills, and I tell it to anyone who asks me for team recommendations. I thought Josh Allen was a bust after his first season. I'm glad he proved me wrong, and I pull for them when they're up against the bigger stars and still get overlooked.

The Titans are okay, but for whatever reason I still don't really care about them.

I was heartbroken when the Cards came up short with Kurt Warner in the Super Bowl and Carson Palmer in the NFC championship. Watching them grab DeAndre Hopkins and JJ Watt to give themselves a power house, they aren't the underdogs that I liked them for.

I always thought Smith had some anger towards Ron because of the way things ended for him in Carolina but he says a lot of positive things about Ron which surprised me. Its hard to argue with what he said. This franchise does have a lot of baggage and it may be overwhelming for any coach, it's hard to disagree with that.

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't really see anything controversial in what Steve Smith said. Most of ES agrees with him, that it's a tall order for one coach and a handful of players to turn a turmoil filled team around. His critique of Scott Turner isn't that far off from what most of ES says about him lol

• Like 1

I don't disagree with Smith, but we cleaned out the FO of all the old crap and filled it with pretty respectable and diverse higherings. It's not an overnight cleanse, it takes time. The trainer thing was unfortunate, but for the most part it's all been cleaned out and replaced. 

Turner has had his Dad there every day working with him, so if he's good with only one style of offense, then this continues to be a growing season for him, with one of the best OCs working with him. I think it's tough to really judge him without a QB and all the other moving parts.

17 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Wright claiming attendance is not really down. It's just being measured differently.

A team should never be measured by the number of tickets sold to see a football team that doesn't even have a name. That's just stupid. You measure it by the number of Coldplay and Wale tickets sold.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I’m here to inform that it’s on Monday of next week

but with this front office, it’ll be announced on Sunday 😂

You are too kind...with this front office, they would probably announce it on Tuesday.

Champ Bailey’s recent comments tragically sum up Dan Snyder era

https://riggosrag.com/2021/11/18/champ-baileys-recent-comments-tragically-dan-snyder-era/

“Now, let me be clear. I never asked to leave Washington,” Bailey said. “Remember, I was traded. I didn’t like become a free agent and left willingly. It was, I was traded. So, I just want to be clear, like, I never asked for a trade.

That just wasn’t my thing. He (Dan Snyder) wanted to trade me. And I wasn’t surprised by that, because I was never — I wasn’t drafted by Snyder. Like, that just wasn’t, it just wasn’t the case. He didn’t draft me. He bought the team after I got on the team. So, it is what it is. That’s the nature of the business. And in hindsight, looking back, it was the best thing that happened to me in my career. But it wasn’t what I asked for.”

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Spearfeather said:

Wright claiming attendance is not really down. It's just being measured differently. 

This is what would concern me about Wright if I was still someone who had expectations or was pinning my hopes to that hire. This is the classic Redskins spin we've been hearing for two decades. 

I'm sorry but WHAT? Attendance isn't really down? The number of people who come to watch games is fewer than the number of people who used to come to watch games. Period. Just stop with all the other marketing BS, Jason. That's not the honesty and transparency that you promised when you arrived. I don't need to hear "we are actually getting more dollars per game day than we averaged in the Super Bowl year of 1987" or any other metric like that. It's all some doctored way to try to claim that 53,000 asses in seats isn't significantly worse than 80,000 asses in seats. 

The sad fact is that this team would struggle to sell out RFK right now. Just admit it and move on. 

• Like 3

Just now, TD_washingtonredskins said:

This is what would concern me about Wright if I was still someone who had expectations or was pinning my hopes to that hire. This is the classic Redskins spin we've been hearing for two decades. 

I'm sorry but WHAT? Attendance isn't really down? The number of people who come to watch games is fewer than the number of people who used to come to watch games. Period. Just stop with all the other marketing BS, Jason. That's not the honesty and transparency that you promised when you arrived. I don't need to hear "we are actually getting more dollars per game day than we averaged in the Super Bowl year of 1987" or any other metric like that. It's all some doctored way to try to claim that 53,000 asses in seats isn't significantly worse than 80,000 asses in seats. 

The sad fact is that this team would struggle to sell out RFK right now. Just admit it and move on. 

I didn't catch his appearance, but 'down' is a subjective term.  Sure, it's clear as day that ticket sales are down from where they were say 5 years ago.  However, at least on TV, it appears ticket sales are actually up vs. where it was say the end of the 2019 season and beginning of 2020.

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I didn't catch his appearance, but 'down' is a subjective term.  Sure, it's clear as day that ticket sales are down from where they were say 5 years ago.  However, at least on TV, it appears ticket sales are actually up vs. where it was say the end of the 2019 season and beginning of 2020.

Well, that's fine...if he says that they are up from this time last year, OK. But the part that stuck out was "just being measured differently" as if there's more than one way to count a human being sitting in a chair. 

20 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Well, that's fine...if he says that they are up from this time last year, OK. But the part that stuck out was "just being measured differently" as if there's more than one way to count a human being sitting in a chair. 

I get what you're saying - it's just the issue lacks context, so that comment doesn't get me up in arms about a lack of transparency.  Even the statement "just being measured differently" lacks context.  Because there is some truth to the way it's measured as well.  Pre-LaFemina days, the team constantly touted that the place was sold out and that there was a waiting list for tickets.  Technically, the place was sold out because of our own ticket office and broker shenanigans - not because 80 some thousand people actually put their butts in a seat every gameday.  Clearly the team is now measuring attendance differently, and I think that's all he meant.  And to tie that up with what I said previously, it appears there are more butts in seats now than there were in 2019, even the beginning of 2020.  

I get wanting to jump all over a lack of transparency with this team - I'm just not seeing it in those comments, unless I'm missing some context in the conversation.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

2 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Is it tickets sold or people in the seats ?

Honesty don't know.

What are we doing here...this is what I mean. Attendance is down. They have a problem. If they'd rather play with numbers and try to find some metric they can tout to sound good on the radio, I guess they can. But Jesus Christ....as of 2008 (which was still about a decade into Snyer's disastrous ownership) they were drawing almost 89,000 people and now it's down into the low-60s!

image.thumb.png.0a0183603906ad93bc9913f3dc775d64.png

@BatteredFanSyndrome I see your point...I guess to me it comes down to what he's addressing (and I didn't listen to the interview). 

They have a fan engagement and interest problem. It's a big deal! For him to say "attendance isn't really down" to me implies that things aren't bad. If he was truly saying that it's been bad for a lot longer than we've been letting on and now they are finally measuring and reporting accurately as part of his new transparency initiative, then fine.

They are losing interest by the week/month/season so to nitpick the specifics of how attendance is measured seems odd while your team is under Congressional investigation, fans are planning boycotts, fans are up in arms about your treatment of the retirement of Taylor's jersey, you just won your first game in a month, etc. 

1 minute ago, Spearfeather said:

All I can tell you is he emphatically  claimed " attendance is not down ! "

Well, I'd love to see the frame of reference and what he's basing that on...and, even if accurate (for example, if he's bragging that they are up 8% from where they were in November of 2019) I'd say that they should be aiming higher and holding off on those proclamations until they fix things on a larger scale. 

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Gaslighting bull****.  What you see isn't what you see.  

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Gaslighting bull****.  What you see isn't what you see.  

Exactly...just say: 

"Yes guys...we have a big problem. We've let a bad culture and bad on-field product go on for far too long and we are really trying to fix that. We've noticed that our fans have lost interest and we want them back." 

He can choose to either admit the previous regime was lying about the sellout streaks so that it's clear the issue dates back much further than the past couple years or he can leave that part out. I think it's mostly irrelevant since it isn't a factor in what they would need to do to fix it. But to try to claim that it's not apples to apples or things are being measured differently or we shouldn't trust our eyes or whatever he stated in this interview is a mistake. 

Whether it's paid attendance, people sitting in seats, dollars spent adjusted for inflation, TV ratings in local markets, or what have you....the team playing football in burgundy and gold has a fewer and less passionate fans than it's had at any point in at least 60 or 70 years, and possibly ever.