Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Thanks @Dissident2--I think that's pretty much how most of us feel. My hope is enough owners are sick of Snyder's losing money and trashing a prime market. The WFT health is good for the league, not just Snyder. If they can't pin the video on him, I pray all this non-sense will finally be the straw to kick the least liked owner in the NFL, and one the worst in all of sports, to the curb. The straw that breaks the slimy douchebag's back.

• Like 1

@Dissident2 thanks for that post. I think we are on the same page with what we believe probably happened, but the uphill climb to pin something to Snyder. I too have gotten some inside information about certain elements of the recent news, so I also understand that more is going on than is making it to the news cycle. 

Another shred of hope I have is that he'll finally just tire of being hated and rooted against. I don't think he'll ever look in the mirror and do the honorable thing because of how he's tarnished the team he loved growing up. But eventually it has to suck waking up every day and realizing that an entire league, fan base, and sport despises and/or laughs at your incompetence. He must pay a fortune in legal retainers as well given what we know is currently happening. 

• Like 1

On 12/2/2020 at 2:23 PM, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Well, I'm hoping we get that. There is plenty of smoke and already plenty of people willing to spill the beans on what they know. A few former employees came forward with the tape to begin with, so I have to believe that tracing that back to Snyder (either his direction or his knowledge) is certainly possible. 

Everyone hopes that. We’ll just have to wait on that one. I wouldn’t get my hopes to high on that one.

1 minute ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Probably not, but he has to realize he's not liked. 

I feel like he's pretty aware of the situation. How could you not be? I'm sure he's shielded somewhat, but he knows he's pretty much despised. The only problem with this leading to him selling the team out of frustration is that he wants the team to stay in his family. He wants it to go to his son at some point, and I'm sure that supersedes any frustration he feels about not being liked. Hopefully his son turns out to be a decent person if we end up with the team staying in this family. 

• Like 1

I think people underestimate the defensive arrogance and denial that you see in a lot of "rich" guys, especially the nouveau riche types that are insecure about their wealth, ie. it was more luck than skill. Psychologically it's the same dynamic you see in the "Oh they're just jealous" comments or guys with the ole "She must be a les" dismissals, instead of ever actually experiencing any introspection that might lead them to the epiphany of "OH, it WAS me! I AM an asshole!" awareness.

Talk is cheap, you will know them by their actions, and we've seen two decades of TheDan squirming and mewling and playing at being an owner without ever accepting the responsibility of the position. He defers on tough questions, interferes for attention then passes the buck and when it falls apart fires everyone and promises that this time will be different.

Now I don't believe he is actually a bad guy, it isn't malice as much as it is insecurities and bluster, wrapped around him like a shroud. It can be hard to break out of that, but it is far worse when you have the resources and wherewithal to craft your own reality and live in an alternate dimension where people have to call you MR. Snyder and flub their shot to let you win at office golf. The very elements of soul searching and character that might allow you to grow out of that are the very things you lack that put you there in the first place. TheDan didn't keep Bruce because of the great job he did, he kept him because it was a form of self-medicating for his fragile ego. If RR succeeds here TheDan will pop back up on a stool to take credit for it all.

Catcalling and booing and fan's scathing comments never touch him. Like so many addicts and broken people, he is in a prison of his own making. Only he will ever find an escape, and tbh I don't see him showing the faintest inkling of the talents required.

We're boned

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LD0506 said:

Now I don't believe he is actually a bad guy, it isn't malice as much as it is insecurities and bluster, wrapped around him like a shroud.

Until recently I agreed with you here, but I don't anymore. I think he's a bad guy. There is way too much smoke for there not to be a fire of awfulness in how he treats people. That's a bad person. How you treat others (especially those who work for you) speaks volumes. 

• Like 2

I keep opening this thread thinking I’m about to read about the improvements and successes the coaching staff, team president, FO, and new medical staff has had over the course of less than a year. Which are substantial. 

But it’s just page after page of the same stuff... 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Until recently I agreed with you here, but I don't anymore. I think he's a bad guy. There is way too much smoke for there not to be a fire of awfulness in how he treats people. That's a bad person. How you treat others (especially those who work for you) speaks volumes. 

Don't get me wrong, I do think he's a ****ty guy, I just don't think he has the balls to be a bad guy

The improvement would be moving the team elsewhere but I've repeatedly said that to no effect.  I  guess Snyder isn't reading my messages or taking me seriously. :<)  😛   Seriously though, think it would benefit the 'Skins to move the team elsewhere and possibly benefit the BNC, LCD, or DNC of the the DMZ.

On 12/4/2020 at 8:23 PM, LD0506 said:

Don't get me wrong, I do think he's a ****ty guy, I just don't think he has the balls to be a bad guy

So then, and yes I know everything will be speculation, but for the cheerleader tape that is floating around out there...do you think:

1) It was created and distributed without his knowledge?

2) It was created and distributed with him knowing and allowing it?

3) It was created and distributed at his request/command?

14 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

So then, and yes I know everything will be speculation, but for the cheerleader tape that is floating around out there...do you think:

1) It was created and distributed without his knowledge?

2) It was created and distributed with him knowing and allowing it?

3) It was created and distributed at his request/command?

There is no chance for #1. Snyder is a meddling control freak--there is NO way he didn't know. I think #2 is a definite. He knew, it didn't matter to him, especially given how he tried to pimp out a cheerleader to one of his friends at a Fight Night. #3 is the killer--if they can prove this, I think he's done. That's the death knell. 

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

There is no chance for #1. Snyder is a meddling control freak--there is NO way he didn't know. I think #2 is a definite. He knew, it didn't matter to him, especially given how he tried to pimp out a cheerleader to one of his friends at a Fight Night. #3 is the killer--if they can prove this, I think he's done. That's the death knell. 

I'm with you but I bounce back and forth between 2 and 3. Either is awful and, as the head of any organization, just as damning. Part of me thinks that someone as insecure and weird as Snyder is MORE likely to request something like this. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I'm with you but I bounce back and forth between 2 and 3. Either is awful and, as the head of any organization, just as damning. Part of me thinks that someone as insecure and weird as Snyder is MORE likely to request something like this. 

They way I see it: #2 is a fine. #3 is removed as owner.

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I don't know. Allowing something criminal to occur on your watch is just as bad and makes you just as culpable. 

Maybe for normal people...this is a different breed of asshole. Most owners live in a separate reality.

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Maybe for normal people...this is a different breed of asshole. Most owners live in a separate reality.

I just mean that the public backlash of condoning and/or ordering might be enough to bury the guy. As much as these other owners want this to go away, they aren't above rolling over on him if there's too much heat. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I don't know. Allowing something criminal to occur on your watch is just as bad and makes you just as culpable. 

You think the Nfl would remove Dan, if he just knew about ? You are dreaming. There’s stuff that other owners know that happen in their organization and they won’t want to set that precedent.

#3 is that only option that may remove Dan and that probably only happens after Dan is taken to court. The investigation will not come up with anything to remove Dan.

4 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

You think the Nfl would remove Dan, if he just knew about ? You are dreaming. There’s stuff that other owners know that happen in their organization and they won’t want to set that precedent.

#3 is that only option that may remove Dan and that probably only happens after Dan is taken to court. The investigation will not come up with anything to remove Dan.

There are plenty of things these owners don't do until their hands are forced. Snyder wasn't going to change the name until there was enough pressure to change the name. The same could happen with removing a fellow owner. It's easy to leave things alone in DC until people start speaking out about how these other 31 men can protect a sexual predator. If that pressure builds, they will flip very quickly. 

On 12/4/2020 at 10:54 PM, Skin'emAlive said:

I keep opening this thread thinking I’m about to read about the improvements and successes the coaching staff, team president, FO, and new medical staff has had over the course of less than a year. Which are substantial. 

Well I might have some of that for you. Joe Berry, our former defensive coordinator, who Gruden hired instead of Wade Phillips to run this D is currently the LBs coach of the Rams. Per PFF their starting LBs are ranked like this (see attached image). Greg Manusky is basically on an internship with the Kentucky Wildcats at the moment. Now I am not an expert, but I think we got somewhat of an upgrade with Jack Del Rio.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-12-07 um 20.03.39.png

6 minutes ago, Panninho said:

Well I might have some of that for you. Joe Berry, our former defensive coordinator, who Gruden hired instead of Wade Phillips to run this D is currently the LBs coach of the Rams. Per PFF their starting LBs are ranked like this (see attached image). Greg Manusky is basically on an internship with the Kentucky Wildcats at the moment. Now I am not an expert, but I think we got somewhat of an upgrade with Jack Del Rio.😅

Bildschirmfoto 2020-12-07 um 20.03.39.png

On 12/4/2020 at 4:54 PM, Skin'emAlive said:

Sorry that there's literally one thread to discuss what a ****bag the owner is. I'll go ahead and keep doing so in here...I'm also glad that you think a soon-to-be 4-8 team is wildly improved or successful.