Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 hour ago, LightningBuggs said:

I'm only one person but I've been a Redskin fan since '71 and I can confirm your speculation in my case.  Haven't watched one down live this year.  Simply no interest.  Was flipping channels last evening and stumbled on that WFT Rewind broadcast of Sunday's game.  I tried to watch but after 3 plays I said to myself, "This just isn't my team anymore."

Sad realization but it is a fact.

I’m curious as to why you hang around these boards? If you don’t follow the team anymore, why bother? 

• Like 1

I for one am not happy with all the off field stuff and name change, but haven't been more excited for Washington football in a long time. I just hope Rivera develops a winning culture in Washington. I'm hearing way too much "evaluation season" talk. That's not what teams with a winning culture do. Week 1 is what a winning culture looks like!!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

I’m curious as to why you hang around these boards? If you don’t follow the team anymore, why bother? 

I think it's because we've always been fans. I grew up a Redskins fan and had the privilege of watching the team be dominant and always a tough out for any opponent.  So, it's difficult to walk away from that. 

I taught my son to be a Redskins fan early on and do feel guilty now cause he has had to endure the era that is Daniel "I'm going to **** **** up " Snyder.  But even he has stayed loyal (probably more because of me). 

Don't rag on fans that have had trouble hanging on. It's hard on us all, but for some from the glory years it's  unbearable to watch this garbage. And yet every season, here we are.

We have earned the right to be skeptical and down trodden. 

HTTR. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, skinsfan4128 said:

I think it's because we've always been fans. I grew up a Redskins fan and had the privilege of watching the team be dominant and always a tough out for any opponent.  So, it's difficult to walk away from that. 

I taught my son to be a Redskins fan early on and do feel guilty now cause he has had to endure the era that is Daniel "I'm going to **** **** up " Snyder.  But even he has stayed loyal (probably more because of me). 

Don't rag on fans that have had trouble hanging on. It's hard on us all, but for some from the glory years it's  unbearable to watch this garbage. And yet every season, here we are.

We have earned the right to be skeptical and down trodden. 

HTTR. 

I get all that. But why bother if you’re not going to watch the games? That’s specifically my question. We are all downtrodden fans. But I still watch the games.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Florgon79 said:

I'm not him, but I'm still "following" the organization without being actively involved in rooting for the current team. I've invested nearly 40 years and can't recognize this team from the ones I was proud of in the 80s and at least respected pre-Snyder. We're on a break...so I'm still allowed to be on the boards. 

1 hour ago, Florgon79 said:

I get all that. But why bother if you’re not going to watch the games? That’s specifically my question. We are all downtrodden fans. But I still watch the games.

We are all different. But let me say that I understand your question because I was where you were several years ago. When Snyder's issues had to do with being impulsive and bad at being an NFL owner, I used the "root for them or close your mouth" argument myself. 

But, the 20-year dysfunctional run as an ORGANIZATION (regardless of what happens on the field) is too much. I want this franchise back in the hands of someone I can respect. In the meantime, I don't watch them but absolutely check on the scores and follow the news. There are plenty of good people on the team right now (players, coaches, and even front office). But until they get rid of Snyder, they are all just underneath a pile of ****. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Silvernon said:

Are any of the billionaire owners truly good people?

It is what is. 

Most exciting team in a long time. From the front office to the coaching staff to the players. 

That's a lame response to just about anything. Besides, based on everything we've seen over the last 20 years with this owner, both on the field and off, there isn't a worse owner in the league. And I can't imagine there are many more NFL owners who are worse human beings. Quite possible, but how is that an excuse/reason not to be disgusted by the drek we've been saddled with for two decades now and want something done about it? 

People who just want to enjoy their team? Go for it, I get it to a degree. I was that guy for awhile, too. But I have a much harder time these days separating the team from ownership, because I truly believe he's just an utter scumbag, and I long for the day when we can do a REAL reboot, starting from the top. 

Besides, I don't necessarily need a "truly good person" to be the owner of our team. Just someone who isn't a truly evil one will suffice.  

Edited by Dissident2
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

That's a lame response to just about anything. Besides, based on everything we've seen over the last 20 years with this owner, both on the field and off, there isn't a worse owner in the league. And I can't imagine there are many more NFL owners who are worse human beings. Quite possible, but how is that an excuse/reason not to be disgusted by the drek we've been saddled with for two decades now and want something done about it? 

People who just want to enjoy their team? Go for it, I get it to a degree. I was that guy for awhile, too. But I have a much harder time these days separating the team from ownership, because I truly believe he's just an utter scumbag, and I long for the day when we can do a REAL reboot, starting from the top. 

Besides, I don't necessarily need a "truly good person" to be the owner of our team. Just someone who isn't a truly evil one will suffice.  

Dude....

If you think it's a slam dunk that he's the worst in the NFL, you need to do some digging. 

If you want to be righteous, don't follow professional sports because there are few saints. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Silvernon said:

Dude....

If you think it's a slam dunk that he's the worst in the NFL, you need to do some digging. 

If you want to be righteous, don't follow professional sports because there are few saints. 

Look, I can handle an ego and someone being a dick. Whatever...you're right in one regard that these billionaires come programmed with a lot of those ugly personality traits. But, to KNOW that the cheerleaders were filmed against their will without clothes and, at best for Snyder, he very likely knew about it...that's just too much. So, do I think every owner is a saint? No way. But do I draw a line between going and getting a hand-job at a rub and tug vs. criminally exploiting employees? YES!

16 minutes ago, Silvernon said:

Dude....

Again, you're just hearing what you want to hear and not listening, which is the hallmark of today's political/social discourse, so I don't know why I'm surprised.

Tell me where I said I need a "saint" anywhere?  Are you capable of understanding nuance? I'll say it again. I don't need a saint. Jack Kent Cooke was no saint. I don't need a Bible-thumping, church-going, charity-giving whatever. I just need someone who's:

a. Competent as a leader, and if not, willing to let someone else lead.

b. Not a complete and utter lying, petty, deceitful scumbag who's created one of the most toxic cultures in all of sports, something that doesn't just affect employees, but the success on the field as well, which should be painfully obvious to everyone at this point. 

Digging? I don't need to dig when I've lived through the last 20+ years. He's the worst owner in the NFL, arguably the worst owner in all of professional sports, but I'll grant you he at least has some competition in the latter category, albeit very little. 

Edited by Dissident2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

Again, you're just hearing what you want to hear and not listening, which is the hallmark of today's political/social discourse, so I don't know why I'm surprised.

Tell me where I said I need a "saint" anywhere?  Are you capable of understanding nuance? I'll say it again. I don't need a saint. Jack Kent Cooke was no saint. I don't need a Bible-thumping, church-going, charity-giving whatever. I just need someone who's:

a. Competent as a leader, and if not, willing to let someone else lead.

b. Not a complete and utter lying, petty, deceitful scumbag who's created one of the most toxic cultures in all of sports, something that doesn't just affect employees, but the success on the field as well, which should be painfully obvious to everyone at this point. 

Digging? I don't need to dig when I've lived through the last 20+ years. He's the worst owner in the NFL, arguably the worst owner in all of professional sports, but I'll grant you he at least has some competition in the latter category, albeit very little. 

First off: I'll bet I'm better at nuance.

Second: Confirmation bias. You are seeing what you want to see too.
Third: Jim Irsay has been the annual winner of worst NFL owner for a long time.

Listen...I'm not saying I automatically assume everyone with disproportionate amounts of money are jerks, but most often there's a reason they got there. And without a good amount of smarts and luck over a long time, it's hard to get to that point without a predatory relationship with your environment. I'm just calling it what it is. These teams are toys for the uber wealthy. Some of us further the profits of the owners by purchasing exorbitantly priced merchandise, tickets and concessions. I contribute through this website (advertisement/third party dollars) and some years I have used DAZN, but otherwise I have time for the highlights these days and therefore the advertisements/third party dollars via YouTube.

Me? I'm all about the game. I watch the NFL for the elite level of competition. I like seeing us humans perform at a high level. Doing what we should be doing, as individuals, and finding our highest levels of personal performance. That extends beyond sports.

I'm past worrying what's happening beyond that.

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

But, to KNOW that the cheerleaders were filmed against their will without clothes...

Again, just for clarity sake, that's not what happened. They weren't filmed against their will, which would point to being forced to take off their clothes for the guy videotaping them.

12 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Again, just for clarity sake, that's not what happened. They weren't filmed against their will, which would point to being forced to take off their clothes for the guy videotaping them.

Sorry...that's true. How's this:

Irrelevant and nude outtakes which never would be needed or included in any images or videos that the team would use publicly or legally were retained and repurposed for a 20-minute nude video for the personal enjoyment and perversion of upper-level executives of the organization. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Sorry...that's true. How's this:

Irrelevant and nude outtakes which never would be needed or included in any images or videos that the team would use publicly or legally were retained and repurposed for a 20-minute nude video for the personal enjoyment and perversion of upper-level executives of the organization. 

Far more accurate but doesn't roll off the tongue as well lol...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Not nearly as well...in fact, I had to stop for a breath 3 times just typing it!

I recommend people pack a lunch before starting to read it lol...

(For the record, what you wrote might sound as bad--and maybe even worse--than "filmed against their will without clothes". That's how ****ed up this situation became.)

Just now, Califan007 said:

I recommend people pack a lunch before starting to read it lol...

(For the record, what you wrote might sound as bad--and maybe even worse--than "filmed against their will without clothes". That's how ****ed up this situation became.)

I agree it's just as bad and I really hope that the team is unable to hide behind some technicality like "well they knew there would be cameras there" or something. What truly happened (rather than a camera running against their knowledge) removes the possibility of one rogue pervert doing it for his own purposes. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I agree it's just as bad and I really hope that the team is unable to hide behind some technicality like "well they knew there would be cameras there" or something. What truly happened (rather than a camera running against their knowledge) removes the possibility of one rogue pervert doing it for his own purposes. 

Yeah, as I keep saying, the true "drama" of this whole thing will be the court case(s) concerning these videos, unless the NFL investigation comes out and recommends Snyder be removed before then, which, as much as I hope that happens, I think is a longshot. 

Either way, those trials will be very interesting, as SOMEONE in the organization is going down for those videos. I think that's pretty hard to dispute at this point. If that order DID come from Snyder and Michael was just the middle-man passing that order along, it'll be real interesting to see how people like Michael react. Will they be willing to take the fall completely or will they finally flip to preserve what little is left of their reputation? The plot thickens. Or sickens, as the case may be. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dissident2 said:

Yeah, as I keep saying, the true "drama" of this whole thing will be the court case(s) concerning these videos, unless the NFL investigation comes out and recommends Snyder be removed before then, which, as much as I hope that happens, I think is a longshot. 

Either way, those trials will be very interesting, as SOMEONE in the organization is going down for those videos. I think that's pretty hard to dispute at this point. If that order DID come from Snyder and Michael was just the middle-man passing that order along, it'll be real interesting to see how people like Michael react. Will they be willing to take the fall completely or will they finally flip to preserve what little is left of their reputation? The plot thickens. Or sickens, as the case may be. 

Right. I'm sure the lawsuits or settlements will be with "The Washington Redskins" and not "Dan Snyder" just so they can safely prove something happened. It shouldn't be hard...the team had a video that had no business being created. Whether Snyder asked for it, knew about it, or fostered an environment in which it could be created without his knowledge, the organization is responsible. 

• Like 1