Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Rhamonde Stevenson, I've talked up on and off since the college season.  Poor man's N. Harris?  He along with J. Williams and Sermon to me interesting power runner type possibiities.

Stevenson for a big dude has some good agility, elusiveness and wiggle.  Unlike a lot of tallish, big running backs I like that he doesn't run that high/upright.  Good contact balance.   7.2 YPA.  No fumbles.  Not much tread on the tires.  

Yeah, he's an interesting prospect to be sure. Poor man's Harris is not far off the mark. He also reminds me of Steven Jackson.

• Like 1

I kinda have a feeling the play is LT unless one of the top 4 QB find their way to 19.  I'm anticipating that they will all be gone however and we will need to shop on the clearance rack this season for QB

3 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I want one of these in the slot, with Terry and Allen Robinson on the outside. 

Love Waddle but if you want speed in the slot, with really good ball tracking skills like Waddle  -- we might be able to get in the 2nd, Elijah Moore or Terrace Marshall

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DWinzit said:

Appears many of us are on the same page as drafting offense mostly early and defense later.

1st -LT in the first with Darrisaw and Jenkins possibly being who they are eyeing but could go Cosmi, Eichenberg, Radunz...... If they like a bunch of them they will hope to trade down t pick up a 3rd or 4th rounder

2nd and 3rd and 4th- offensive weapon -WR, slot, bigger RB or TE 

From the second pick in the 3rd round back they will sprinkle in a LB's a DB's and an edge

I wouldnt be shocked to see a QB with one of those 3rd rounders either. Newman, Mond and Mills might all be there.

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Love Waddle but if you want speed in the slot, with really good ball tracking skills like Waddle  -- we might be able to get in the 2nd, Elijah Moore or Terrace Marshall

Was just proposing something fun. That would be too many resources invested at WR. 

Darrisaw and Elijah Moore would be a much better investment. 

There is going to be so much value in the 2nd this year. I’d be tempted to try to land a second 2nd rounder and grab Brevin Jordan. Imagine adding an OT, Brevin Jordan and Elijah Moore. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Was just proposing something fun. That would be too many resources invested at WR. 

Darrisaw and Elijah Moore would be a much better investment. 

There is going to be so much value in the 2nd this year. I’d be tempted to try to land a second 2nd rounder and grab Brevin Jordan. Imagine adding an OT, Brevin Jordan and Elijah Moore. 

I'd love it.  It's one of the reasons why I am so violently against trading for Sam Darnold which almost every media guy says will cost at least a 2nd rounder. 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd love it.  It's one of the reasons why I am so violently against trading for Sam Darnold which almost every media guy says will cost at least a 2nd rounder. 

Yeah. This isnt the year to trade away picks in the top 3 rounds. Alot of talent in the top 100 this year for sure. I would have been fine with the Stafford trade. He would have made a huge difference to this team. But I dont see another player on the trade market that I would give up high draft capital for. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I’d be tempted to package the two 3rds, but there should be good talent in the 3rd this year too. 

Brevin Jordan reminds me a little bit of Jordan Reed. Sudden. Doesn’t possess ideal length. Should separate very well. 

Has anyone else done film study on Davis Mills? I love a lot of what I see from him. Great footwork in the pocket. Very good arm. Can really rip it when he needs too. Good accuracy, especially in the middle of the field. I hadnt really watched a lot of him until recently. But he looks like an NFL starter to me. 

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Like 3

By the way. That second video I posted is from Tim Jenkins Youtube site. He is a really good follow for those of you who are new to understanding formations. Both offense and defense. He will break down plays and show you what both sides of the ball are trying to do. He is worth a follow. He knows his ****.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

Has anyone else done film study on Davis Mills? I love a lot of what I see from him. Great footwork in the pocket. Very good arm. Can really rip it when he needs too. Good accuracy, especially in the middle of the field. I hadnt really watched a lot of him until recently. But he looks like an NFL starter to me. 

I made a post on him about a month ago.  I don't hate him, don't love him.   He struck me as potentially a good backup.  Nothing special IMO on any front.  Good arm not a great one.   He seems to be accurate in the pocket not so much rolling out of the pocket.   Quick release.  Not the best decision maker.  Not an off script kind of QB.  Not much experience.  Poor man's Kirk Cousins?

6 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Anyone else notice that Smitty keeps dropping slightly lower and lower in the mock drafts?

Yeah him and Parsons for obviously different reasons.   

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Anyone else notice that Smitty keeps dropping slightly lower and lower in the mock drafts?

It has to be the size issue.  I'm having trouble picturing what Philly does.  They aren't going QB IMO.  They would race to draft Chase, but I think he's gone.  I DON'T want them to take Pitts, but will they considering they have Goedert?  

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

I’d be tempted to package the two 3rds, but there should be good talent in the 3rd this year too. 

Brevin Jordan reminds me a little bit of Jordan Reed. Sudden. Doesn’t possess ideal length. Should separate very well. 

Tough to find TEs who can move like him.  He's no Kyle Pitts.  But I'd say Jordan is more explosive and dynamic than any of the TEs I watched last year.

8 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'd add Pitts rising top 5 even sometimes. 

5 hours ago, DWinzit said:

Appears many of us are on the same page as drafting offense mostly early and defense later.

1st -LT in the first with Darrisaw and Jenkins possibly being who they are eyeing but could go Cosmi, Eichenberg, Radunz...... If they like a bunch of them they will hope to trade down t pick up a 3rd or 4th rounder

2nd and 3rd and 4th- offensive weapon -WR, slot, bigger RB or TE 

From the second pick in the 3rd round back they will sprinkle in a LB's a DB's and an edge

In theory, this is a thin defensive draft.  If you want quality defensive rookies, you probably have to spend the higher picks on them.  Personally, with the Scherff tag.  I want us to target D in free agency, and then load up on offense in this draft.

I don't want to get caught up in what positions to target in what round, as the draft always shakes out differently than you expect.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Rhamonde Stevenson, I've talked up on and off since the college season.  Poor man's N. Harris?  He along with J. Williams and Sermon to me interesting power runner type possibiities.

Stevenson for a big dude has some good agility, elusiveness and wiggle.  Unlike a lot of tallish, big running backs I like that he doesn't run that high/upright.  Good contact balance.   7.2 YPA.  No fumbles.  Not much tread on the tires.  

https://ninernoise.com/2021/02/05/sf-49ers-draft-rhamondre-stevenson-running/

Multiple team sources named Stevenson as one of the standouts from this year’s Senior Bowl week. Here’s what one director of college scouting said about Stevenson: “He’s a 235-pound downhill runner who can run routes, pass blocked well and caught it clean out of the backfield. Workhorse-type back.” Given Stevenson’s skill set as a power runner who can also contribute as a receiver, he is in the running to be a second-round pick in the 2021 NFL Draft thanks to his strong week in Mobile.

Oh, he's a patient runner!  A little bit of LeVeon Bell to his game.  Get him a good o-line and he'll consistently find you positive yards.  Not a lot of wiggle, but enough with his size to create awkward arm tackles that he can brush off.  Kind of like Nick Chubb in that regard.  I wish he had a bit more burst.  But he looks like he'd be an extremely solid RB in a committee.  With this RB class, I doubt he goes in the 2nd round.  But 3rd/4th and he's good value.

Immediate upgrade over Peyton Barber, in Barber's short-yardage/close-out-game role.  But with some upside to get regular carries in a rotation with Gibson.  I like Stevenson, with a good OL, he'll keep moving the chains.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 9.48.11 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 9.48.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 9.49.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 9.49.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 9.50.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 9.50.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 9.50.56 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 9.51.19 AM.png

Some other tidbits.

Surtain:

“I liked him more than (South Carolina CB Jaycee) Horn. With that size and length and his skill set, you can do whatever you want with him. He’s gonna be tough in off or press man. He always kept it tight. Outstanding player.”

“I think he’s a really good player, but I think he’s more of a safety. He is long and physical, but he doesn’t get in and out of his breaks as you’d want. He can put his hands on people in college. He doesn’t get challenged very much.”

“He’s smart, savvy, and he’s long. But they can hide the corners a little in that (Nick) Saban defense. We thought there were some holes in his techniques. When he played man-to-man, he gets exposed some.”

I don't know about him at Safety, but I agree with the 2nd two opinions.  And I think if he's drafted where he's projected, he'll bust.  I'm hoping he goes to Dallas at #10.  The guy is going to get so many holding penalties in the NFL.

Horn:

“He’s got it all. He’s the total package. Has the speed; tough; good on the ball; good off the ball; very competitive. He was the best DB we faced. Nobody had a good day on that guy. He’s there all day. You had to be creative to get your guys away from him.”

“He never needed much help. He’s got the speed and the length. The thing that stuck out to me was that he was so, so physical at the line of scrimmage. I think he’s a helluva player.”

“He looks like what you’d expect from a first-round corner in terms of length, speed and quickness. He gets overly aggressive and gets sloppy technically, but he is really what you’d want out there.”

Horn > Surtain.  I don't think it's close either.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Some other tidbits.

Surtain:

“I liked him more than (South Carolina CB Jaycee) Horn. With that size and length and his skill set, you can do whatever you want with him. He’s gonna be tough in off or press man. He always kept it tight. Outstanding player.”

“I think he’s a really good player, but I think he’s more of a safety. He is long and physical, but he doesn’t get in and out of his breaks as you’d want. He can put his hands on people in college. He doesn’t get challenged very much.”

“He’s smart, savvy, and he’s long. But they can hide the corners a little in that (Nick) Saban defense. We thought there were some holes in his techniques. When he played man-to-man, he gets exposed some.”

I don't know about him at Safety, but I agree with the 2nd two opinions.  And I think if he's drafted where he's projected, he'll bust.  I'm hoping he goes to Dallas at #10.  The guy is going to get so many holding penalties in the NFL.

Horn:

“He’s got it all. He’s the total package. Has the speed; tough; good on the ball; good off the ball; very competitive. He was the best DB we faced. Nobody had a good day on that guy. He’s there all day. You had to be creative to get your guys away from him.”

“He never needed much help. He’s got the speed and the length. The thing that stuck out to me was that he was so, so physical at the line of scrimmage. I think he’s a helluva player.”

“He looks like what you’d expect from a first-round corner in terms of length, speed and quickness. He gets overly aggressive and gets sloppy technically, but he is really what you’d want out there.”

Horn > Surtain.  I don't think it's close either.

Yeah, I'm might be on a limb here, but I actually think Horn is the best CB in the draft.  He's not going to be there at 19.  In fact, I think the first three defenders taken will be the top 3 corners (Farley, Surtain, Horn)

• Like 1

Just watched Brevin Jordan on NFL Now.   I can see Rivera liking the dude.  He's really well spoken.  Comes off feisty with a lot of personality in a good way.    He considers himself a RB with the ball in his hands and he says it with total conviction.  The interviewer said their mock drafter (assume it was DJ) said he's surprisingly a decent blocker -- he agreed and he goes he gets offended when he's questioned on that front and he takes great pride in blocking.

I've made the comment in my take about Brevin which is watching his games in 2019 and 2020, to my eyes he improved dramatically as a blocker.  I don't think he's a good blocker but he's a willing blocker and at least OK on that front.  

I've watched my share of draft pick interviews and I'd say Brevin seems to have his crap together.  I can see him being a locker room leader type.  Comes off very outgoing.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5