Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

88Comrade2000

2 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

F-type R P575, good heavens!

I’d throw a Pepto Pink vinyl wrap on it!

I went with a paint protection film and window tints 🙂 (after I took this video). Although I’m not THAT subtle - I’m waiting for my new vanity number plate to arrive ‘JAG575’.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Rolls-Royce Ghost Prototypes Made People Feel Sick

The second-generation Rolls-Royce Ghost has arrived and we recently had time behind the wheel. Unsurprisingly, the new Ghost left us highly impressed in every way. It is pure luxury at its absolute finest motivated by a 6.75-liter twin-turbo V12 with 563 horsepower and 627 lb-ft of torque that is a masterpiece of engineering.

But there is one key area where the new Ghost differs from its immediate predecessor. Instead of the old steel frame, Rolls-Royce switched to aluminum construction. Not only does this aid in overall weight reduction, but when combined with additional new improvements such as insulating the bulkhead and filling the roof, trunk, and floor with over 200 pounds of sound-absorbing materials, the new Ghost is nearly silent inside. As it turns out, this silence made early test subjects nauseous.

765621.jpg

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

End Of An Era: Dodge Announces The 2023 Challenger SRT Demon 170 With 1,025 HP

When Dodge announced their "Last Call" models last year, it was bittersweet. While Dodge muscle car fans were happy that these special edition Chargers and Challengers would be arriving, knowing that it would be the last of the mighty Hemi V8 engine-powered muscle cars really means an end of an era going back to the original Chargers and Challengers of the 1960s-1970s.

With it being a monumental moment in American automotive history, Dodge certainly did not disappoint with the announcement of the 7th and final "Last Call" muscle car at Las Vegas Speedway: The 2023 Challenger SRT Demon 170.

In order to achieve the mindboggling 1,025 horsepower figure, E85 fuel is a requirement. This is where the 170 comes from in the name, referring to 170-proof alcohol. Torque is also up too at 945 lb-ft. A set of Mickey Thompson drag radials helps to put all of that power to the ground.

While the previous Demons and Hellcats were fast, this new SRT Demon 170 runs an 8.9 second quarter mile time at 151 mph. Not only that, but 0-60 mph happens in a staggering 1.66 seconds.

At $100,361, the final "Last Call" edition is not cheap. Dodge hopes to make around 3,000 of these models and orders should open with dealers in the spring.

Click on the link for the rest

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Hyundai, Kia recall more than 571,000 SUVs and minivans, warn owners to park outside

Hyundai and Kia are telling the owners of more than 571,000 SUVs and minivans in the U.S. to park them outdoors because the tow hitch harnesses can catch fire while they are parked or being driven.

The affiliated Korean automakers are recalling the vehicles and warning people to park them away from structures until repairs are made.

Affected Hyundai vehicles include the 2019 to 2023 Santa Fe, the 2021 to 2023 Santa Fe Hybrid, the 2022 and 2023 Santa Fe Plug-in hybrid and the 2022 and 2023 Santa Cruz. The only Kia affected is the Carnival minivan from 2022 and 2023. All have Hyundai or Kia tow hitch harnesses that came as original equipment or were installed by dealers.

The Korean automakers say in documents posted Thursday by U.S. safety regulators that water can get into a circuit board on the hitches and cause a short circuit even if the ignitions are off.

Hyundai has reports of one fire and five heat damage incidents with no injuries. Kia has no reports of fires or injuries.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Stolen Ford F-150s sold with clean titles in million-dollar ploy from Michigan to Arizona

A string of new Ford F-150s stolen directly from holding lots in recent months has triggered a cascade of misfortune for customers, dealers, title companies and others across the western United States, the Free Press has learned. 

The problems center on 14 such vehicles stolen late last year in metro Detroit, but a trove of police documents and court records, along with a private investigator, suggest the overall scheme could be bigger, ensnaring unwitting victims and prompting criminal probes and lawsuits.

It all began when an estimated $1 million in pickup trucks were stolen off lots from metro Detroit between mid-October and mid-December. How the trucks disappeared remains a mystery.

However, police reports document a lack of surveillance video and vehicles parked with keys inside. Police in at least two states have learned that Ford or its partners running the lots have failed to report the vehicles stolen for weeks, months or ever.

The pickups were driven off the lots to the Phoenix metro area to be sold to unsuspecting buyers, according to fuel and toll receipts provided to the Free Press. Pickup odometers reflected miles traveled between Michigan and Arizona, according to police and court records.

Police reports in Michigan and Arizona chronicle a bizarre web of activity showing how a cache of blank vehicle titles stolen in Georgia in 2007 were used to get stolen pickups quickly sold with clean titles.

When stolen vehicles are not reported stolen, title companies, auction houses and car dealers are not alerted and have no idea. As protocol, they run security checks through a national computer system to verify legitimate transactions when buying, selling and titling vehicles.

I don't know if I ever shared this but here's my laps in a Porsche GT3 RS with Weissach package. I chicken footed on the big straight and didn't get to 130. I want to do it again real bad.

I had never driven a car with so much power/downforce and cornering ability. 3 laps was definitely not enough.

E473045C-F08C-4244-BF20-773C60E123E4.jpeg

Edited by CobraCommander
  • Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2