Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

88Comrade2000

• 2 weeks later...

I have the worst luck with tires. Right before I traded in my Impreza, had to replace a tire.

Then this week , in my nearly 3 week old car; got a nail and had to replace a tire. Fortunately, I had purchased a 5 year protection plan; that includes replacing tires. Alright submitted my claim for reembursement.

I have had so much bad luck with tires over the years.

I think the tire thing happens to everyone, especially if you live in an urban area.  There is a lot of construction detritis.  Just this week I had nails pulled out of two of my tires.  It seems to happen on a semi-regular basis.

• Like 2

2003 Honda CR-V with low(ish) mileage (135k). Drivers door panel can control all 4 windows but 1 window, the passenger backseat , doesn't respond anymore to this panel.  The window will respond if you control it via the passengers backseat door.

Any ideas if there is an easy fix? I suspect this is something beyond my rudimentary car skills...and it's just more annoying than a needed immediate fix. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

2003 Honda CR-V with low(ish) mileage (135k). Drivers door panel can control all 4 windows but 1 window, the passenger backseat , doesn't respond anymore to this panel.  The window will respond if you control it via the passengers backseat door.

Any ideas if there is an easy fix? I suspect this is something beyond my rudimentary car skills...and it's just more annoying than a needed immediate fix. 

Probably just the switch.  Quick trip to a junkyard.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Probably just the switch.  Quick trip to a junkyard.

Agreed but too hot, snakes, stinky car interiors @junkyard. Amazon from the comfort of your living room.

https://www.amazon.com/SWITCHDOCTOR-Window-Master-2002-2006-Buttons/dp/B0047MAPFM

also this tutorial video

Seems fairly easy peezy

Edited by stoshuaj
  • Thumb up 1

A new engine for Beal's Miata.  Pretty cool tech.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/company-builds-powerful-500cc-one-stroke-engine-immediately-installs-it-in-a-miata

There's no cylinder head in this motor. Also no crankshaft, no camshaft, and no valves. That's why it's no surprise that this engine tips the scales at just 85 pounds. Somehow, it still produces 120 horsepower with just half a liter of displacement, thanks to what the company calls a single-stroke combustion cycle. Perfect to throw into a Miata, as it turns out.

-more at link

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Currently got a

1986 cutlass supreme brougham- been thinking of doing a LS swap. Idk just yet.  All black. Her name is Keisha.

2002 acura rsx type s - this my little baby. Got few mods in. Turbo or no? Her name is Akira.

2015 lexus is250. I know I should of went and got thr 350. Dumb mistake by me but she's my sexy lexy

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2023 at 10:11 AM, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Currently got a

1986 cutlass supreme brougham- been thinking of doing a LS swap. Idk just yet.  All black. Her name is Keisha.

2002 acura rsx type s - this my little baby. Got few mods in. Turbo or no? Her name is Akira.

2015 lexus is250. I know I should of went and got thr 350. Dumb mistake by me but she's my sexy lexy

I worked for a "racing couple" with an nsx.  Full Simpson racing belts.  They're very successful "we can teach you how to have fun and not die" folks.

We had a wide open parking lot, trashed some tires. 

The wife was a better J-turn than her husband.  She could do 100 backwards, whip that thing around and pull off.  It was scary and awesome.  (I was happy for the belt.) 

Edited by skinsmarydu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You have to replace the tax collected from gasoline to maintain the state road system some how. For the EVs it’s going to be in an extra fee of some type. It shouldn’t be punitive and more than would be collected via a gas tax on a similar combustion engine. 

IMO the fairest way is to remove the gas tax and just create tiers based on vehicle weight and charge a fee based that. The heavier a vehicle the more wear and tear it places on the road system. You drive a civic touring edition (3,077lbs) awesome you pay X a year, you drive a F-150 crew cab (6-7,000lbs) cool you pay X times 2/3, you drive a hummer EV (9,063lbs) you pay X times 3/4. Or something like that, infrastructure has to be paid for in some way. 

• Thumb up 3

This is where getting away from gas taxes to a vehicle miles traveled (vmt) tax would have been beneficial...25 years ago.

It's wildly unpopular to talk about but if States continue to pay for road repairs and rehabilitation via gas tax, sales tax , licensing fees, and toll roads...then vmt would have made sense in light of gas taxes decreasing. 

• Thumb up 1

5 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

This is where getting away from gas taxes to a vehicle miles traveled (vmt) tax would have been beneficial...25 years ago.

It's wildly unpopular to talk about but if States continue to pay for road repairs and rehabilitation via gas tax, sales tax , licensing fees, and toll roads...then vmt would have made sense in light of gas taxes decreasing. 

This seems incredibly reasonable.

NC requires a yearly emissions and inspection plus a property tax on vehicles. I don't see why they couldn't just check the odometer and tax one accordingly. I get it doesn't account for out of state travel but it's a better idea than say the $.40 a gallon gas tax we currently use to fund roads n such here. 🤷‍♂️

Poor Judge Jennine doesn't know how to change a tire. Get AAA genius. .

• Like 1