Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

88Comrade2000

14 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Ocasio-Cortez, Levin Sponsor Bill to Install EV Chargers across U.S.  

>>>

• U.S. Representatives Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) and Andy Levin (D-Mich.) want a high-speed electric-vehicle charging network along the nation's highways in five years. The want stations that charge EVs as quickly as filling up a traditional car with gas. The EV Freedom Act would also include provisions for good-paying jobs and buying U.S.-made products.......<<<

It won't happen under Trump but if Biden wins, he should do it.

That exists today.

3 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

No it doesn’t. I know Sheetz has
charging stations but having charging stations, along the nations highways Is something we don’t have.

screen-shot-2018-05-12-at-2-32-01-pm.jpg

these high speed chargers are along the interstates... from two years ago. You want to waste a lot of money building out a secondary network that is within a few miles of an existing one? I love EVs and want to see them completely replace gas, but seems...  wasteful.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

7 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

That thing looks ugly as hell.

ywrng.gif

5 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'm sorry I forgot to come back and respond but the two posts above are pretty on point.  Also, the Cybertruck towing capacity is no where near my F350 diesel.  It looks to be more in the F150 range.  I need to tow about ~18k pounds.

I thought I saw the towing capacity on the F350 at around 7500 pounds or so; must not have been the right model.  Tri-motor Cybertruck is listed at 14000 pounds.

5 hours ago, Dan T. said:

I  saw a television commercial saying that Volvo will make available an electric version of every model they make.

Interesting, because in one of the video reviews I watched about the Volvo I recently bought one of their complaints was that Volvo wasn't offering any electric options.  Nice to see that will be changing.

47 minutes ago, China said:

Interesting, because in one of the video reviews I watched about the Volvo I recently bought one of their complaints was that Volvo wasn't offering any electric options.  Nice to see that will be changing.

https://www.volvocars.com/us/about/electrification?utm_source=google&amp;utm_medium=cpc&amp;utm_campaign=Volvo_General_BMM&amp;utm_term=+volvo++electric++cars&amp;gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpb2nnOei6AIVip-fCh2HSQXLEAAYASAAEgJl9_D_BwE&amp;gclsrc=aw.ds

33 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

What they're saying and what is real are different.  That link you posted says this:  

V60 T8 Twin Engine E-AWD
Arriving 2019

Reality:

The Volvo V60 T8 plug-in hybrid isn't coming to America

Outside of America, Volvo sells its V60 wagon with a 390-horsepower plug-in hybrid powertrain. It makes for a wagon that’s pretty and potent, but ultimately imperfect.

Volvo makes a plug-in hybrid version of its V60 wagon that has 390 horsepower and 472 pound-feet of torque and can accelerate to 60 miles per hour in less than 5 seconds. Sounds great, right? It's called the V60 T8 Twin Engine, but Volvo isn't planning to offer it in the United States. 

----

So despite saying it will be here by 2019, it's not here yet in 2020 and won't be for a while apparently.

• 88Comrade2000 changed the title to The Vehicle Thread: Cars, Trucks, SUVs,CUVs, Electric, Autonomous
  • 88Comrade2000 changed the title to The Vehicle Thread: Cars, Trucks, SUVs,CUVs, Hyrbids, Electric, Autonomous

2 nameplates are making their returns in 2021 and 2022.

2021 Ford Bronco

cq5dam.web.2160.2160.jpeg

vs 

1996 Ford Bronco- last year the made the original version.

1996_ford_bronco_1589321956bc948261468a4

The new Bronco is set to compete with the Jeep Wrangler.  

There will even be a smaller version, called the Bronco Sport.

cx430_ext_360_badlands_cyber_orange_2.jp

I think Ford will have a hit with the revived Bronco.

For 2022, Jeep is bring back the Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer.

Here's a near production version of the upcoming Grand Wagoneer:

2022-Jeep-Grand-Wagoneer-Concept-8.jpg?f

vs 

Classic 1991 Grand Wagoneer- last year of original

5a81fb0b2dded_1518377668e1b01cd9f2018-02

The new Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer is slated to be above the Grand Cherokee and be a 3 row SUV.  It's using the Ram Truck as its platform.  The SUV is expected to cost anywhere from $60,000 to $100,000+ for the high end models.  Who is going to spend $100,000 for a Jeep? 

I think new Wagoneer is kind of bland.  Looks like every other SUV out there. Ford did it right with the Bronco.  Retro yet modern.  Jeep could've came up with a Retro Modern version but didn't.  There isn't even the wood pannel stickers either. 

When I finish paying off my Jeep, wife wants it and I want a Cyber Truck.

It seems wise during transition period between gas to electrics to have an all gas and all electric if Biden is serious about his 2035 goals. I believe he is, and that's not future talk, thats less then 15 years from now.