Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Need Help

Huly

Hi

I really need your help!  It will only take a few seconds so can you please sign this petition.  For those that know me they will understand 100% LOL.  Long story short the People who owned PetLand Fairfax (puppy mill puppies and a history of issues) are trying to open a new Pet Store Woofy's in Chantilly VA.  There are two major issues with this.  One they were arrested and pending court date for Animal Cruelty charges and they are copy right infringement on a company that I work with for Rescue Fundraisers Woofies.  This is highly disturbing to me and I do not care if you are local or not just please sign the petition going to local and state lawmakers.  I would really appreciate it.  Thank you!

https://www.change.org/p/virginia-state-house-stop-people-who-have-been-charged-with-animal-cruelty-from-operating-a-pet-business

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Was on the same and it wouldn’t let me.  Switched to IPad and same thing.  Odd.....

Thank you for trying.  I signed on Android Chrome too and no issues.  

Thank you so much everyone!  I don't understand why they are even allowed to open another store selling pets when they were arrested and charged with animal cruelty.  My only thought is they haven't gone to court yet??? 

13 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I signed but, that’s the first time I’ve been to change.org....felt real scammy, tbh.

It's actually very popular and one of the top petition websites.  Lol but I get it as they ask you to share and for donations.  Oh and thank you!

1 hour ago, Huly said:

Thank you for trying.  I signed on Android Chrome too and no issues.  

Thank you so much everyone!  I don't understand why they are even allowed to open another store selling pets when they were arrested and charged with animal cruelty.  My only thought is they haven't gone to court yet??? 

How much regulation is there in Virginia over pet stores?   Certain businesses are pretty heavily regulated, such as child care, and if you're selling alcohol of course, but not sure what the Virginia rules are.  Wouldn't be surprised if they could just filed a new S corp with minimal background check.

8 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

How much regulation is there in Virginia over pet stores?   Certain businesses are pretty heavily regulated, such as child care, and if you're selling alcohol of course, but not sure what the Virginia rules are.  Wouldn't be surprised if they could just filed a new S corp with minimal background check.

Hmm....  So it's a crime to sell animals after an animal cruelty conviction

https://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/title3.2/chapter65/section3.2-6570.1/

@Huly Do you know which jurisdiction the owners have the case pending?  If you do, I would contact the Commonwealth Attorney's office prosecuting the case and let them know of the plan to open a new store.  Also, if you can find out, you may want to forward the statute and pending case info to the landlord of the new location.  Depending on where they are in the leasing process, this may put a pause on things pending resolution of the court case.

They are charged with 3 counts Animal Cruelty in Fairfax City and they are opening the new store in Fairfax County.  

14 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Fairfax City General District Court

Case #: GC19006517-00

Defendant: KOSHOK, AYMAN ABDUL

Defendant Information

Address: FAIRFAX, VA 22033

Race: WHITE

DOB: 11/01/****

Attorney:

Case/Charge Information

Defendant Status: RELEASED ON RECOGNIZANCE

Filed Date: 09/20/2019

Locality: COMMONWEALTH OF VA

Code Section: 3.2-6570

Charge: CRUELTY TO ANIMALS: GENERALLY

Case Type: MISDEMEANOR

Class: CLASS 1

Offense Date: 10/31/2018

Arrest Date: 09/11/2019

Complainant: CARROLL WARDEN

Amended Code Section:

Amended Charge:

Amended Case Type:

Amended Class:

Appeal Information

Appeal Date:

Hearing Information

Date

Time

Result

Type

Courtroom

Plea

Continuance

05/07/2020

09:30 AM

ADJUDICATORY

03/03/2020

CONTINUED

ADJUDICATORY

COMMONWEALTH

01/14/2020

CONTINUED

ADJUDICATORY

11/12/2019

CONTINUED

ADJUDICATORY

DEFENDANT

Disposition Information

Disposition:

Sentence Time:

Sentence Suspended:

Probation Type:

Probation Time:

Probation Starts:

Operator License Suspension Time:

Restriction Effective Date:

Operator License Restrictions:

VASAP:

Fine: *

Costs: *

Fine/Costs Due: *

Fine/Costs Paid:

Fine/Costs Paid Date:

* This system cannot process online payments at this time. Please refer to ' How to Pay Traffic Tickets and Other Offenses ' for more information.

The Fairfax Commonwealth Attorney's Office info is here: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/topics/office-fairfax-commonwealths-attorney

And Chantilly is in the Sully District, Supervisor is Kathy Smith https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/sully/

If you have networks with other local rescue and animal welfare groups, it might help to get them and their supporters to help trend this issue on social media to Kathy Smith.  The law is already on the books and Petland owners are hardly sympathetic figures, so it's a pretty good issue for politicians to show that they are responsive to the voice of the community.  

Besides the cruelty it breaks my heart for my friends at Woofies.  I have known them since they started their company 15 years ago.  They have worked hard on their reputation and they do so much for the community.  They will go to rescues and give free grooming, raising money for rescues and charity.  The attached of my and my two Redbones was just taken at a charity event two weeks ago at their location raising money for Canines-N-Kids (cancer).  

Here is a statement they released yesterday on Facebook:

Many people have been asking us what personal action they can take to stop the “Woofy’s” puppy store from opening. Our online petition  includes over 2,800 signatures of concerned citizens. You may participate here: change.org/stopwoofyschantilly.  

We would love for you to join us at a peaceful, legal protest outside of the Woofy’s puppy store in the Chantilly Crossing Shopping Center on Saturday, March 14th from 12pm-4pm. 

In addition, others have: 

•Sent letters and emails to the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors

•Sent letters and emails to Fairfax County Government

•Contacted the Fairfax County Attorney General 

•Contacted the Fairfax County Police Department – Animal Services Division 

•Written reviews on Woofy’s Google Business page: https://search.google.com/local/writereview?placeid=ChIJ038E6adHtokR4twoMOLGyUE

•Written reviews on Woofy’s Yelp page: https://www.yelp.com/biz/woofys-chantilly

As reported by WTOP, Ayman Koshok states that the trademark infringement claim is “absurd,” he is “innocent and will be acquitted,” and he still plans to open his Woofy’s business.

We cannot allow this to happen.

Here are the facts supporting the criminal charges:

Ayman and his brother were arrested and charged with animal cruelty after a 6 month undercover investigation.

Petland terminated his franchise agreement and shut down the store. 

Witnesses reported viewing, first-hand, the mistreatment of animals, the sale of sick puppies to unsuspecting consumers and the filthy conditions of the Petland store Ayman Koshok once operated.  

Dozens of defenseless animals died after being mistreated. The Koshoks then stored the dead animals in a freezer.  

In our opinion, Koshok has no regard for animals or people. It is also clear to us that he is trying to destroy our Woofie’s brand and the good reputation we have built over the last 15 years. We are not going to be bullied by him and we are not going to quietly stand by and watch him open yet another pet business. We are a voice for the animals and our voice won’t be silenced. 

We are pursuing legal action against the Koshok brothers and Woofy’s. 

We will certainly keep everyone updated! Again, THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts for helping us protect the animals.

_28A6696.jpg

3 minutes ago, bearrock said:

The Fairfax Commonwealth Attorney's Office info is here: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/topics/office-fairfax-commonwealths-attorney

And Chantilly is in the Sully District, Supervisor is Kathy Smith https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/sully/

If you have networks with other local rescue and animal welfare groups, it might help to get them and their supporters to help trend this issue on social media to Kathy Smith.  The law is already on the books and Petland owners are hardly sympathetic figures, so it's a pretty good issue for politicians to show that they are responsive to the voice of the community.  

I have emailed so many folks if i haven't sentt them one I will.  A lot of rescues and Bailing Out Benji are all on board.  

Archived