Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Games of the XXXII Olympiad - Tokyo Japan - What Was Your Favorite Olympics Moment?

PleaseBlitz

17 minutes ago, Destino said:

I’m watching women’s kayak 1200m.  Im not sure I can move a paddle through the air as fast as they do through the water.  

Those women are jacked. (It's "only" 200m btw) It's interesting how much they move their legs. 

22 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Those women are jacked. (It's "only" 200m btw) It's interesting how much they move their legs. 

Yeah that was a typo they’d probably all die if they attempted 1200 meter at that pace.  

and yes these ladies certainly look like they can open jars without assistance.  lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Destino said:

Yeah that was a typo they’d probably all die if they attempted 1200 meter at that pace.  

and yes these ladies certainly look like they can open jars without assistance.  lol

I feel all these dudes in the single kayaks always skip leg day. 

12 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

These aerial shots of Tokyo are something else.  Looks like a sci-fi setting with that skyline.

They are clearly all fake images. I have not seen Godzilla climbing one of the buildings in any of the footage.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I feel all these dudes in the single kayaks always skip leg day. 

My wife said the same thing, though looking at those kayaks that might be required just to fit in the seat.  If they were a few inches narrower most of these kayakers would have to straddle them.  

8 minutes ago, Destino said:

My wife said the same thing, though looking at those kayaks that might be required just to fit in the seat.  If they were a few inches narrower most of these kayakers would have to straddle them.  

Some of the camera angles confirm chicken legs. I think you are right that they wouldn't fit if they did any lower body work. 

USA women basketball only up 4 points on France heading into the 4th quarter. They have won 51 straight Olympic games.

They pull away midway through the 4th and win by 11. Tina Charles (Mystics) had some big buckets.

Edited by abdcskins
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

US Women's soccer lost. Team was too old. Hoping for a new generation and new spark soon.

They had chances. Canada plays very conservatively (3 of their last 5 matches have ended in draws). Canada ended up with only 1 shot on goal the whole game, excluding the PK. And the VAR that led to the PK was horrific. Nobody thought that was a penalty. 

6 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

US Women's soccer lost. Team was too old. Hoping for a new generation and new spark soon.

I don’t know if it explains everything (like their inability to stay onside) but I think age was a factor.  This is an old team with an average age over thirty.  I think the Covid year disrupted their usual preparation too, because there were times when this team seemed to lack chemistry.  

Disappointing result.  There seem to be a lot for the US in these Olympics.  

42 minutes ago, Destino said:

Disappointing result.  There seem to be a lot for the US in these Olympics.  

Such as? Not necessarily disagreeing with you, just curious as to which results you consider disappointing.

Off the top of my head, women's all around gymnastics, women's soccer, 4x400 medley track relay, men's volleyball, maybe Ledecky not medaling in the 200m freestyle. There have been a few silver medals that could have very well been gold, but overall I have been pleased. Can't win em all, if you get silver that means you are second best in the entire world, and that is pretty damn good.

11 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Such as? Not necessarily disagreeing with you, just curious as to which results you consider disappointing.

Off the top of my head, women's all around gymnastics, women's soccer, 4x400 medley track relay, men's volleyball, maybe Ledecky not medaling in the 200m freestyle. There have been a few silver medals that could have very well been gold, but overall I have been pleased. Can't win em all, if you get silver that means you are second best in the entire world, and that is pretty damn good.

You listed them.  It’s not that the Olympics have been an overall poor showing for the US, but that some of the titans we expected to dominate, faltered.  Ledecky, Biles, and the US women’s soccer team were the most dominant, and prominent, US athletes going to these games. 

11 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

They had chances. Canada plays very conservatively (3 of their last 5 matches have ended in draws). Canada ended up with only 1 shot on goal the whole game, excluding the PK. And the VAR that led to the PK was horrific. Nobody thought that was a penalty. 

Stonewall penalty. Davidson did not take the ball in the air, then did not hustle to clear the line. The Canadian player beat her to position, and Davidson’s clearing attempt became a clear kick to the Canadian’s leg. In real time I didn’t think it was a pen, but when I saw the replay, there was no doubt.