Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kobe Bryant Killed in Helicopter Crash

ExoDus84

RIP Kobe.

I spent about half of the last year in LA for work. I started listening to one of the morning shows there regularly. They had the lead singer from Blink 182 on one morning (this is going somewhere, I promise). He was late because of traffic. One of the hosts asked him "Don't you have helicopter money", and the guy said he absolutely does, but he'll never ride in one because they crash too often. I thought he was a little crazy at the time, but I totally get it now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, visionary said:

They cut into the probowl with a report on it from ABC, adding that four of his children were believed to be in the helicopter too.

No no no. Please no. He has 4 kids in total.

Edited by ExoDus84

Everybody knows I’m a Kobe guy. I’ll always go to bat for him. When you’re 10yr old kid and your name is Colby and this awesome dude named Kobe comes up that you read about in the sports illustrated at your elementary school library.. you just latch on. He was my dude. 

It’s such a sobering, numbing feeling seeing a childhood hero that always felt invincible to you die so young in such a way. Like, a crash hits everyone the same no matter how big, how strong, how legendary and mythical you are. Makes you come to terms with your own mortality. 

What a sad, awful day. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm a huge USA Basketball fan. Kobe Bryant represented our country fully and proudly. Hit an incredible clutch shot against Spain in the 2008 Olympics gold medal game, essentially won it. I loved that guy. Same reason I can never fully hate Lebron because he has put so much work into that program. 

I live in LA. Never was a Lakers fan, but saw countless games with my friends. He was truly a legend and one of the best to ever play the game. RIP to one of the greats. Gonna miss him.

Edited by abdcskins
  • Like 1