Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kobe Bryant Killed in Helicopter Crash

ExoDus84

22 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

my god man

That makes this so much worse.  God be with his surviving family.  I couldn't imagine having to deal with the death of both a spouse and a child all at once.  I hope his wife has strong people around her to help her through this, so that she can do the same for her kids.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

This is insane. Anyone that has spent even a short time living in Los Angeles can tell you that even for a town that props up its celebrities like nowhere else, Kobe was always much more than that.

I remember his last season absolutely nothing else mattered other than it was the last opportunity we had to watch him in purple and gold, And it was like they were saying goodbye to a landmark that had become a permanent fixture in the town. You wouldn’t really think of Los Angeles as a town that connects with its athletes on a personal level, but they loved him in a way that I can’t recall them doing with any other athlete that has come through there. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Stadium-Armory said:

My feelings about Kobe are complicated. He was a legend on the court, though.

It's not really.

He was a great player whether you loved or hated the Lakers. I used to hate the Lakers but I started to like them around 2008. I've been a Lakers fan since then.

In the end, if you hated him, it was just cause it was a game. He played for your bitter rival, he was driven to win and he didn't accept mediocrity or slacking off.

A legendary baller died today, regardless of your team affiliation remember it is just a game.

Edited by ixcuincle
  • Like 1

Just now, ixcuincle said:

It's not really.

He was a great player whether you loved or hated the Lakers. I used to hate the Lakers but I started to like them around 2008. I've been a Lakers fan since then.

In the end, if you hated him, it was just cause it was a game. He played for your bitter rival, he was driven to win and he didn't accept mediocrity or slacking off.

My issue with Kobe isn't about what he did on the court. Probably too soon to be talking about that though. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Stadium-Armory said:

My issue with Kobe isn't about what he did on the court. Probably too soon to be talking about that though. 

rest easy knowing the charges were thrown out. People are allowed to change. He made a mistake.

The recent stories of Kobe are nothing even CLOSE to that. He helped accident victims a few weeks ago in Newport Beach.

Edited by ixcuincle
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

This is absolutely heartbreaking. I am not an NBA fan,  never even watched a full game of his, but i knew what he did and what's more, i knew he was a good man and devoted father. Very very sad.

Rest in Peace.

~John

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

I can't handle this video right now. Not to bring this back to myself, but my wife and I have been fighting for days and are talking about breaking things off. The beginning of this video, when he talked about setting everything aside...put it to you this way, we aren't fighting right now. We gave each other a hug instead. Maybe things will go back to being incredibly difficult, but that's not the point. The time you invest in others is everything. 

****, I can't stop crying. The fact that Kobe's wife lost a daughter too...all I want to do is hold my daughter right now but she's napping. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2