Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Offer Would Change Your Mind on Trading Down???

Renegade7

Trade offer to change your mind on trading down???  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Trade offer to change your mind on trading down???

• Has to be MORE then accepted trade package to get RG3
    • Has to be AT LEAST the accepted trade package to get RG3
    • Would be willing to accept LESS then accepted trade package to get RG3
    • There's nothing that can convince me to trade down, stop trying, unplug the phone
    • Only if you can convince me of an impossible scenario where we can still get Chase Young, good luck
    • I don't know
    • I don't care

21 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Welcome to the party, Chargers!

Put your cards on the table...

For those keeping track at home, Chargers have 6th overall pick in the draft, right behind Miami.

How crazy would it be to want Bosa and the #6 to give them the #2 for their new QB?

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

For those keeping track at home, Chargers have 6th overall pick in the draft, right behind Miami.

How crazy would it be to want Bosa and the #6 to give them the #3 for their new QB?

said a few weeks back, Chargers dark horse to trade up, get Derwin James in the conversation plus a few draft picks.

5 hours ago, hatchetwound said:

I was thinking what Kingdaddy said.... swap with Detroit to get exta picks and still get Young.  Stafford is no longer a franchise QB and how often do you get a top 3 pick with QB need as a?

So it was my surprise when I saw mocks with Detroit taking some CB instead of a QB.  

I guess it makes sense what Warhead says, if Patricia is on the hot seat, he might draft someone to win now.  But are they really that close to contending?  Wouldn't his job be safer if he did the right thing and draft one of the two top QBs?

Stafford was having a great season this year before he got hurt and I think that's the issue, his injury bug. He could be pretty beaten up by now or Patricia just isn't sold on him. Maybe Patricia was spoiled by coaching Brady and doesn't see Stafford as a winner? That's just speculation. I just really believe that teams that pick as high as Detroit have to consider taking the QB....

Here's a scenario, what if Detroit and not Miami makes us a sick offer to move up just one spot because they want to change the face of their franchise and draft Tua? The Bears paid a ton to move up one spot a couple of years ago to get Trubisky so there is a precedent for doing this. Maybe Detroit gives us two firsts, a second this year and a second next year to move back one spot with the guarantee that they don't take Chase or trade the pick to anyone else? How great would that be????? I can see it happening. They move up to 2 so we don't deal the pick to Miami.....

Stafford is one of those “potential” QBs. Can get you stats but there is always a reason why he can’t get the team over the hump whether it is injuries or lack of talent around him etc.

He is a good QB but if I were Detroit, I would not be scared to move away from him. They can barely get to the playoffs consistently with him let alone the Superbowl. 

They should have traded him a while back to rebuild or cut the loses. He’s like a Kirk Cousins type IMO.

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

Going into the season with basically a rookie QB and an OL that consists of ?,?,Roulier,? and Moses doesn't fill me with a lot of hope.

Geron Christian - Wes Martin - Rollier - ??? - Moses

Have Pierschbacher (C) and Timon Parris (T) on the bench. Paul Adams (T) from Missouri was a reserve, might be able to switch the G.

Wes Martin is the only G under contract atm. 

28 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Geron Christian - Wes Martin - Rollier - ??? - Moses

Have Pierschbacher (C) and Timon Parris (T) on the bench. Paul Adams (T) from Missouri was a reserve, might be able to switch the G.

Wes Martin is the only G under contract atm. 

How is any of that supposed to excite me?

1 hour ago, dyst said:

Stafford is one of those “potential” QBs. Can get you stats but there is always a reason why he can’t get the team over the hump whether it is injuries or lack of talent around him etc.

He is a good QB but if I were Detroit, I would not be scared to move away from him. They can barely get to the playoffs consistently with him let alone the Superbowl. 

They should have traded him a while back to rebuild or cut the loses. He’s like a Kirk Cousins type IMO.

They aren't moving on from him. Patricia's job is on the hot seat, he's not gonna get rid of a veteran.

People don't realize Stafford was killing it this year before getting hurt. That Lions team has talent. Probably a fringe playoff team if he plays all 16 games. And now they add a top 3 pick to that.

35 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

What makes you think we do that?

I don’t, but if the hypothetical trade scenario involves trading our LT without drafting a replacement, you have to hope and pray you resign your guards and that Moses can be the player he used to be. We had a career year out of Flowers and Penn played far beyond his age. To expect to catch lighting in a bottle two years in a row is foolish. 

56 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I don’t, but if the hypothetical trade scenario involves trading our LT without drafting a replacement, you have to hope and pray you resign your guards and that Moses can be the player he used to be. We had a career year out of Flowers and Penn played far beyond his age. To expect to catch lighting in a bottle two years in a row is foolish. 

That’s fair of course.  I think the hypothetical though was that we would resign the guards and therefore just be missing a LT.  Now that sucks, to be sure, but hopefully we could find a stop gap type similar to Penn (assuming we aren’t able to land a good LT like Conklin).  

With that said, I’d like to see Williams, Flowers, Roullier, Scherff and Moses look like together if possible (while we add replacements/depth via the draft).  

Archived