Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Miscellaneous Humor Thread---vids/gifs/pics/jokes---no articles, no "owned" stuff

Jumbo

9 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

May be a cartoon of text that says 'If vegetables are so good, explain why vegans are always trying to make them taste like meat. Take your time I'll wait.'

Since you asked, most vegans aren't vegan because they think vegetables taste better than meat.  Being vegan was an ethical decision.  But most also had meat in their past and miss it.  So they try and reproduce the taste as best they can.  Lord knows I still miss bacon and I haven't had meat in years...number of failed seitan bacon attempts have been innumerable.

Its kind of like how it feels being a commanders fan and watching the super bowl.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Since you asked, most vegans aren't vegan because they think vegetables taste better than meat.  Being vegan was an ethical decision.  But most also had meat in their past and miss it.  So they try and reproduce the taste as best they can.  Lord knows I still miss bacon and I haven't had meat in years...number of failed seitan bacon attempts have been innumerable.

Its kind of like how it feels being a commanders fan and watching the super bowl.

One more thing to add. I think it entices people to think more about their choice in food. I love hamburgers. Always have. Since Impossible Burgers started being sold in the store, I have not touched a normal hamburger. I cook them on the grill and they taste fantastic. I’ve even got a few other people turned on to them. I still like hamburgers more, but I will take the good substitution. 

They used to be really expensive, like 2 for $7. Now I go to Costco and get them on sale, 8 to a pack for $9. Even when they are not on sale, it is only $8. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jabbyrwock said:

And it's nice to be able to eat the "same thing" as your friends when you grill out or something.  Go to a friend's house to eat burgers?  That's cool, I've got my own.  Versus showing up to the grill-out with a bowl of daal to eat while everyone else is eating burgers.

• Thumb up 1

57 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

And it's nice to be able to eat the "same thing" as your friends when you grill out or something.  Go to a friend's house to eat burgers?  That's cool, I've got my own.  Versus showing up to the grill-out with a bowl of daal to eat while everyone else is eating burgers.

See, at my cookouts, if you bring a vegan burger or something like that, I'll cook it for ya...on the gas grill. Vegan burgers dont get the charcoal 😈

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Oh ur missing out.  Beyond burger, nicely spiced and grilled over charcoal is damn good.

I made a couple impossible burgers for myself at a friend's house the other weekend when we were grilling out, and one of the other guests wanted to try it, so I made a third for him.  He absolutely loved it.  The key was to season it before forming the patty.  Minced a couple cloves of garlic, tossed in some onion powder, salt, pepper, cayenne, cumin, and some turmeric, and mix it all together before forming the burger patties.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

57 minutes ago, Xameil said:

See, at my cookouts, if you bring a vegan burger or something like that, I'll cook it for ya...on the gas grill. Vegan burgers dont get the charcoal 😈

You're supposed to cook the meat on propane.  Taste the meat, not the heat.  Taste the charcoal, not the vegetable.

• Haha 1