Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

1 hour ago, China said:

Am I supposed to know who that person is next to Harrison Ford?  'Cause I don't.

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

Thanks, I thought I was stupid or something. 

Short Round from Temple of Doom (also Data from The Goonies).

Ke Huy Quan moved on too mostly doing stunt choreography but had a lead role in Everything Everywhere all at Once last year.

• Thanks 1

Neither. Humans as a species are inherently capable of manifesting across the entire spectrum of our subjective assignations of "good" and "bad" traits/behaviors/thoughts, varying in such across time and situations, along with an endless list of other terms more nuanced than good or bad.

But I've already said more than I'm supposed to.   👽

• Like 2

Going to Hawaii February of next year. Gonna be there for a week. Is it too ambitious to do Oahu/Big Island/Kauai? Not gonna do Maui since of the group I'm going with, one person is already gonna be in Maui before I get there and won't wanna backtrack. I want to squeeze in Big Island for just one night(two days)but not sure if that's viable. Oahu is a certainty as I already booked our flight to Honolulu but haven't booked anything else.

• Thumb up 1

14 hours ago, Jumbo said:

Neither. Humans as a species are inherently capable of manifesting across the entire spectrum of our subjective assignations of "good" and "bad" traits/behaviors/thoughts, varying in such across time and situations, along with an endless list of other terms more nuanced than good or bad.

But I've already said more than I'm supposed to.   👽

Mother****in Jumbo over here like 

kung-fu-master-sensei.gif

Crouching Tailgate, Hidden Dragon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Going to Hawaii February of next year. Gonna be there for a week. Is it too ambitious to do Oahu/Big Island/Kauai? Not gonna do Maui since of the group I'm going with, one person is already gonna be in Maui before I get there and won't wanna backtrack. I want to squeeze in Big Island for just one night(two days)but not sure if that's viable. Oahu is a certainty as I already booked our flight to Honolulu but haven't booked anything else.

I did two weeks - 1 on Oahu and 1 on Maui. Oahu had a ton to do so you can spent many days there. We loved it and I don’t know that I’d want less than 4 days on either… but, kinda depends what you’re into. 

there’s some great Japanese places in Oahu. Definitely recommend the punch bowl if you’re into history/military stuff. It’s the pacific’s  version of Arlington Cemetery (more or less.) diamond head was a cool hike. North shore is great place to hang out - cool surf vibe, nice beaches, cool park with some temples that are just stunning. 

I don’t recommend the Pearl Harbor stuff. Maybe we did the wrong things but it was overly touristy.

If you can slide over to Maui to bike down Haleakala I highly recommend it.  Road to Hannah has some cool stuff but wife was hungover so we only made it so far :) 

somewhere in our photo book of our honeymoon I slid in pictures of her throwing up on the side of the road 😂 

• Thumb up 1

We go every year to Maui, so if anyone ever needs some recs let me know. Especially on the western side of the island. 

Been to Kauai for a week just once. Cool island especially if you like hiking/backpacking. The opening waterfall from Fantasy Island is located there (Wailua Falls). If you go and want a unique adventure,  I'd recommend looking up Kauai Backcountry Adventures. We did an innertube adventure that consisted of floating down the water canals of an old sugarcane farm. 

Also, be prepared for rain on Kauai. It's called the green island for a reason. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

As someone else pointed out, it depends on what you're into. We went to Maui for 3 nights & Kauai for 4 nights before 9/11. The last day we flew from Kauai to Honolulu to go to Pearl Harbor & then catch our connection in HNL (Maui-HNL-ATL-RIC back when you could jump in mid-trip). Early flight to HNL, stashed our bags in the airport lockers, all day at Pearl Harbor & then back to the airport to catch the redeye to ATL. 

Yes, Pearl Harbor was touristy but the incredible history & solemn surroundings were worth it. It was 25 years ago so a lot more WWII vets (US & Japan) were alive and visiting. I think trying to hit 3 islands will be tough to do.

If you're into it, Hawaiian Airlines usually has some decent credit card sign up bonuses. You can use those points to island hop to cut down on the airfare costs. 

• Thumb up 1