Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

I went to a funeral in Annapolis on Friday for a high school buddy who passed away. After the service I had the opportunity to meet Michael Steele (classmate of the guy who passed away, 2 years younger than me). Impressive guy. I see why he's been so successful in politics. 

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Super jacked this morning! I had an oil leak on my 2002 truck and I was looking for the issue last night. I came across two hoses that were going bad. I went to buy them and they were $200. Screw that. I found some hoses in the garage and some hose clamps. That plus some JB Weld did the trick.

I also switched to synthetic oil. When I first turned the truck on it smoked like crazy. I was disappointed. I got up this morning and the same thing. I read the synthetic oil will burn through some older sludge. I let the truck run for about 40 minutes before driving it to get stuff burned off. (It’s embarrassing driving a smoking vehicle). 

i drive it to town. Usually have a small valve rattle and the acceleration is good but hasn’t been great. Well that’s changed. 

my truck feels brand new. no rattle and the acceleration is fantastic. super jacked. Only had to pay for the oil and filter. I had everything else

I thought I would just go buy a new one 24 hours ago. I really don’t have money for that. But I got this thing humming. Saved myself $50,000 😂

• Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

I don’t know what I did to make the gods happy with me today. First the car. Next, I went to the store and spent a bunch of money on light fixtures. The exact few I was looking for were all on sale. I have family coming in to town, so I need food options. A good Mexican restaraunt near me had gift cards. $65 for $100. I bought two. Everywhere I went everyone was super nice to me.

my wife got a big promotion. 

this can only mean one thing. I’m going to die tomorrow. It’s been nice knowing yinz- did I do that right? I don’t know what the hell yinz is honestly. I’ve just seen it on here before. 

Also, trying to talk my wife into the 83” LG TV. It’s only $4000. She needs to celebrate. I’m trying to get complete use out of the PS5. Plus I heard you can get gamepass on it. She won’t go for it but I’m going to try. But if I’m dying tomorrow, we can temporarily borrow it for tonight. Maybe that’s how I get it done. If I live…BONUS!!!

Edited by Fan since a Fetus

Alright. When I was at Costco today getting gas, my credit card got stuck in the machine. This guy, in his 70’s, pulls to the pump behind me.

The employee is using pliers to pull out my credit card. I was laughing and thinking “welp there goes my credit card.”

The guy looks over at me and says, “did you just come over the border?” Ok, I’m white. Nobody in their right mind would think otherwise. He’s not smiling. It seemed like this was a serious question.

i looked at him and said, yeah, i just came over several hours ago. My fake credit card got stuck in the machine. 

Dude just stares at me. I laughed. He didn’t see the humor I guess. A couple friends told me I was probably lucky I didn’t get shot.

i really didn’t understand his questioning though and I thought it was quite dumb

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Alright. When I was at Costco today getting gas, my credit card got stuck in the machine. This guy, in his 70’s, pulls to the pump behind me.

The employee is using pliers to pull out my credit card. I was laughing and thinking “welp there goes my credit card.”

The guy looks over at me and says, “did you just come over the border?” Ok, I’m white. Nobody in their right mind would think otherwise. He’s not smiling. It seemed like this was a serious question.

i looked at him and said, yeah, i just came over several hours ago. My fake credit card got stuck in the machine. 

Dude just stares at me. I laughed. He didn’t see the humor I guess. A couple friends told me I was probably lucky I didn’t get shot.

i really didn’t understand his questioning though and I thought it was quite dumb

Let me ask you a question about Costco gas that I’ve always wondered as I drive by the sea of humanity wrapped around the store in my electric vehicle.

What kind of money are you saving on gas that makes it worth wasting an hour of your life for every week?

I mean, your story kinda answers my question…  but 😬

2 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Let me ask you a question about Costco gas that I’ve always wondered as I drive by the sea of humanity wrapped around the store in my electric vehicle.

What kind of money are you saving on gas that makes it worth wasting an hour of your life for every week?

I mean, your story kinda answers my question…  but 😬

I don’t wait on it. There are so many pumps at the one I go to. I’m always in and out. It is always the cheapest gas around without fail. 

If you see lines, it’s usually people that don’t use the hose to reach the other side of the car. it doesn’t matter what side you pull up on though. 

i go there anyways to shop every couple of weeks. I don’t drive my truck often, 2x a week or so, I just go when I’m there. I only fill up my truck every two months.

Same with my wife’s Prius. it’s filled about every two months. 

we’re not all hoity toity with our electric vehicles. …🤪

have you seen the South Park episode where everyone has a Prius and the everyone’s smug is choking out the air. Sound familiar 🤔🤪😂