Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

Lots of conflicting emotions tonight— these are all things that happened today.

my college best friend and his wife just had their second kid.

Josh Harris.

my dad suffered a detached retina (for the second time in 5 years) and it sucks watching him get old.

the Orioles just took sole first place.

im at that age where life is weird— I have a front row seat to the best and worst of it, and I can draw meaning from small things because I understand their context. I obviously knew about the ownership deal and the Orioles potentially taking first place when I woke up toda, and those are things that connect me to my 9-year-old self. 

But I also know that my dads health and my best friend becoming a father for the second time are clearly more important. Somehow those events all get filed together under July 20, 2023 in the anthology of my life.

Edited by balki1867
  • Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Aquarius Horoscope for Sunday, July 23, 2023

(Sunday, 23 July 2023)

When you think ahead, your moves are fast and unpredictable. You`re unbeatable in a game that no one else understands. Take advantage of the situation by spotting yourself points before anyone else notices. Don`t fool yourself into thinking that no one is keeping score! For the next few days, you`ll be writing your own ticket. With luck, you`ll be able to read your own penmanship.

(I swear, this sounds like the "go get 'em" speech my Dad gave me when he dropped me off at the MEPS station in Baltimore.)

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

^^^  Nevermind all of that.  This day started off weirder than weird. 

Got up, and the coffee maker was kaput.  Time wasn't even flashing, just blank.  Tried plugging it into a different outlet, no luck.  Looked over and saw that the LED nightlight wasn't working.  Turned the corner to upstairs, and could see two other LED nightlights were out, the one in the hall and the one in the bathroom.  (Of course, I checked the breaker box and everything was good there.)  I checked them all in different outlets around the house, all 3 were "gone".   I've never had anything like this happen all at once. 

Now I have to yell alot when I'm walking around so the cats move...I can't see 'em on the stairs.  I hate bright light, that's why I have nightlights everywhere...I can see where I'm going without turning on lights. 

Tonight is going to be a challenge. 

• Sad 1

@Mr. Sinister

Don't discount a stomach virus.  My wife was sick Thursday.... just lying in bed all day.  It hit me Friday AM.  Too late for the chicken we had.  Normally these things take 12 to 24 hours before I feel it's over.  I didn't feel over it until Saturday night (36-48 hours).    I don't know how, but these things make your mind delusional... for some reason I was panic'd that I had to align my body in 6 different ways,  and I only did so in 5 ways... so something bad was going to happen to me when I slept.  My head was pounding.  SOP is don't dare eat... just the sight of simple chicken soup made me nauseous yesterday. 

Forced myself to drink Gatorade and pedialyte mixed with water... I normally keep fluid down when I get this.  I was so confused when it broke because I couldn't fall asleep... I tried to move and realized that the migraine, dizzyness and fog had passed me and my body was just like "I'm back from that little recess... hey you slept a lot! Not tired!"  

Seems like some nasty thing like this has been going around "community" and by that I mean "America" and folks have posted about it online since March. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

But why Shamus and not Seamus? 

Because the people at the vet are stupid and I felt bad correcting them.  Besides, we're Americams so we went with the American spelling (which is the phonetic spelling because our education system is a failure).

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1