Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

Fox News guest tells audience to treat COVID-19 with drugs used for transgender health care

A Fox News guest who has promoted the use of unproven drugs to treat COVID-19 recommended on Sunday that viewers go to his group’s website to obtain its “protocols” of treatment, which include specific drugs — and importantly, at specific dosage levels — that are used for transgender health care.

Dr. Pierre Kory has appeared on Fox News multiple times to promote the use of the antiparasitic drug ivermectin, claiming that pharmaceutical companies “will never develop a drug that is more effective” nor admit that they were wrong. During an appearance on the January 9 edition of Sunday Morning Futures with Maria Bartiromo, Kory promoted his group Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance (FLCCC) and claimed that “people are dying because they're being deprived of highly effective, cheap, widely available drugs that do not present as obscene profits to the pharmaceutical companies.”

“That is disgusting,” Bartiromo responded. “I know for a fact that hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin work to treat COVID.”

Kory then directed viewers to the FLCCC website, which recommends ivermectin as a “first line” medicine to treat cases of COVID-19. But as Twitter users have pointed out, the document contains a list of “second line agents” to use if symptoms last more than five days, if there is a “poor response” to the “first line agents,” or in case of “significant comorbidities.”

This second treatment consists of a “dual anti-androgen therapy” of spironolactone, in combination with either dutasteride or finasteride — drugs that are commonly used by transgender women to suppress their testosterone levels.

The drugs listed as “second line agents” also have other common uses. Spironolactone, for example, is used to treat edema and heart failure. Finasteride and dutasteride are used to treat enlarged prostate, and finasteride is also approved for the treatment of male-pattern baldness.

But in such circumstances, those drugs are also typically administered at much lower dosages. The dosage levels recommended by Kory’s organization, however, are more consistent with transition-related care, or even higher.

Click on the link for the full article

Edited by China

3 hours ago, China said:

Fox News guest tells audience to treat COVID-19 with drugs used for transgender health care

A Fox News guest who has promoted the use of unproven drugs to treat COVID-19 recommended on Sunday that viewers go to his group’s website to obtain its “protocols” of treatment, which include specific drugs — and importantly, at specific dosage levels — that are used for transgender health care.

Dr. Pierre Kory has appeared on Fox News multiple times to promote the use of the antiparasitic drug ivermectin, claiming that pharmaceutical companies “will never develop a drug that is more effective” nor admit that they were wrong. During an appearance on the January 9 edition of Sunday Morning Futures with Maria Bartiromo, Kory promoted his group Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance (FLCCC) and claimed that “people are dying because they're being deprived of highly effective, cheap, widely available drugs that do not present as obscene profits to the pharmaceutical companies.”

“That is disgusting,” Bartiromo responded. “I know for a fact that hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin work to treat COVID.”

Kory then directed viewers to the FLCCC website, which recommends ivermectin as a “first line” medicine to treat cases of COVID-19. But as Twitter users have pointed out, the document contains a list of “second line agents” to use if symptoms last more than five days, if there is a “poor response” to the “first line agents,” or in case of “significant comorbidities.”

This second treatment consists of a “dual anti-androgen therapy” of spironolactone, in combination with either dutasteride or finasteride — drugs that are commonly used by transgender women to suppress their testosterone levels.

The drugs listed as “second line agents” also have other common uses. Spironolactone, for example, is used to treat edema and heart failure. Finasteride and dutasteride are used to treat enlarged prostate, and finasteride is also approved for the treatment of male-pattern baldness.

But in such circumstances, those drugs are also typically administered at much lower dosages. The dosage levels recommended by Kory’s organization, however, are more consistent with transition-related care, or even higher.

Click on the link for the full article

So let me get this straight (pun intended), they are now pushing a multicourse treatment that includes sex change drugs to make this crazy ass concoction and line of treatment to put in thier bodies to avoid getting the vaccine that is just one drug?  If it were not so sad it would be hilarious.  

Not sure which I am suffering from more, Covid fatigue or dealing with stupid on a daily basis fatigue. 

Well this pisses me off and gives Biden a huge black eye.  This is either an oversight which is huge (forgetting the entire military) or intentional which is just as bad or worse.  This will definitely be remembered at election time.  What the **** are they even thinking???

*and this came from an official government Facebook account.  Naval Medical Center Portsmouth if you want to look at it.

2A65E6C1-7A38-40AF-8F79-7035F20AE514.jpeg

• Sad 4

40 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

testing is already free regardless in VA...I've done it multiple times now at the VA government run facilities and never received a bill

I’m not sure if you are aware of this but there are military members stationed outside of Virginia.  I know, I was surprised also.

20 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Why does it bother you?

This Facui's quote from the article:

"Ivermectin has had noncontrolled trials suggesting that it might be effective — mostly anecdotal," Fauci said. "The NIH active studies are doing a whole bunch of studies with ivermectin, as well as others, to try and settle it once and for all."

Devoting resources to proving whether or not it works gives credibility to it in the meantime while they work towards a final answer that folks who are taking it likely won't listen to anyway. Its fake news if it doesn't work, they still won't get vaccinated.

Just feels like a waste of time, but fine, prove it doesn't work, I still would've preferred waiting until the study was done before saying they were looking into it. 

The way social media and right-wing propaganda works now, the fact he's looking into it will spread far faster then the conclusive results. Don't go chasing tik tok challenges to try and convince people none of them work against COVID, but if they insist, jus report they don't, not that they are looking into it.

Words have power.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

It's a waste of valuable time and resources.

It’s part of what the NIH does though…. Studies. It’s completely in their wheelhouse. The government wastes all kinds of time and money, this is probably one of the better wastes of time and money. 

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

It’s part of what the NIH does though…. Studies. It’s completely in their wheelhouse. The government wastes all kinds of time and money, this is probably one of the better wastes of time and money. 

Might as well study whether or not pork farts can trigger an avalanche.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Might as well study whether or not pork farts can trigger an avalanche.

Sounds like a job for the myth busters 🤔 it’s a shame that we don’t trust scientists enough to allow them to study what they want to study without calling it a waste of time. I surely think the scientists studying it believe there is a point in studying it.

I’m gonna say, let them study it… edgy thought, I know…

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

12 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Devoting resources to proving whether or not it works gives credibility to it in the meantime while they work towards a final answer that folks who are taking it likely won't listen to anyway. Its fake news if it doesn't work, they still won't get vaccinated.

Just feels like a waste of time, but fine, prove it doesn't work, I still would've preferred waiting until the study was done before saying they were looking into it. 

I think you may be falling victim to something being a political football. Where even though one side is being a bunch of idiots, the other winds up painting itself into a corner it shouldn’t have. 

the public narrative on the anti-ivermectin crowd got out of control as it raced to voice an opinion. It went from a reasonable “wait, this isn’t proven, and we have proven measures that work that are not overly invasive or risky…” to a completely unreasonable and uninformed “if you even think ivermectin could help then you’re an idiot” narrative super quick. 

which actually backfires because while the pro-ivermectin people certainly have faulty research at their disposal, there’s also a solid argument for considering it in there. And when you pretend like that doesn’t exist, well, you don’t look real good and your argument loses any merit it had. 

Ivermectin has qualities that help your lungs in certain circumstances. It’s possible that ivermectin has a completely legitimate use case. It may be when a patient is deteriorating despite having exhausted all other options; it may be a last resort hail marry of sorts; but we wont know until it is studied by reputable people, and peer reviewed. 
(note: posted NIH study released in December, where they found it helps in other wises, in later post)

i recall the story of the doctor who ordered ivermectin for a patient after having exhausted all other options, and the patient was continuing to deteriorate into almost certain death. The hospital refused to administer it. The family won a court order for the hospital to administer it. And some posters here were declaring the doctor should have his license revoked. And I chimed in to say - actually, this is really the only possibly-correct situation to use this, maybe you should read more about it beyond “lol horse dewormer” tweets….

It should be studied. There’s potential use in treatment. I’m not aware of anyone reputable suggesting it would prevent it or that it should be favored over vaccine/mask/distancing/etc . But there’s potential for treatment. We won’t know exactly the range of uses until someone reputable studies it. 

and denying that because you jumped on the “lol horse dewormer” bandwagon and never got beyond that wouldn’t be smart. 

i would also question what resources dedicated to this, would be better used elsewhere. I doubt they’re tabling anything meaningful to do this.  I mean If someone has that information then I would consider it, but I haven’t seen anything that suggests anyone complaining about this has any clue as to who’s working in this or what supposedly more important work has been tabled for it. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I’m sure the people arguing about time and resources know what projects people were pulled off of to study this 🙄

having an issue checking your political biases at the door, for the sake of critical thinking, isn’t exclusively a Republican problem. 

• Like 2

I mean NIH published one study just a few weeks ago. 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33278625/

the end of the abstract:

A 5-day course of ivermectin was found to be safe and effective in treating adult patients with mild COVID-19. Larger trials will be needed to confirm these preliminary findings.

but no, let’s not study it because a bunch of people that don’t know a god damned thing about any of it, have decided it’s a political football 🙄

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

It's a waste of valuable time and resources.

i'm anti ivermectin, but it's part of science. We've certainly gone down many fruitless rabbit holes in this pandemic.

Part of the problem with science in medicine is the biomedical issues, but here we have a population that is WILLING to take it and a control population (unvaxxed people not given the option of taking IVM, admittedly could be muddy because they have to be treated with something else)