Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

4 hours ago, China said:

True heroes, putting their lives on the line sometimes even whithout necessary protection 👏🤟 I've seen nurses on tv wrapping themselves into plastic bags using duck tape because their hospital was running out of proper suit protection.

Edited by FrFan

4 hours ago, NickyJ said:

I've already had very similar discussions with people about Italy and it's health care system.

A week later, they admit that it's bad in Italy.

In northern Italy, "you have to choose who to treat, like in a war situation"

"We have to choose who to intubate, between a 40-year-old and a 60-year-old patient," report doctors in Lombardy, who are struggling to cope with the influx of patients with coronavirus."

This is depressing, I was told the same thing by a nurse girlfriend. We need more ventilators.

Coronavirus: «We are also creating intensive therapies in the corridors»

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

And why did the quarantines in china and South Korea and Japan work?

Well, at least in Japan and Korea (don't know personally about China) they already social distance and even wear masks, even without a coronapocalypse going on.

I will never understand how the voters get past this. They are literally saying this time that their lives arnt worth losing money over and people actually agree with that ****. Like I understand people only thinking they have something to gain by that like small business owners who need the economy for business reason and dont care about your life because that doesnt fall into the equation like some of those advocating for that here. I understand it. Ill never respect you ever again, but I understand your calculus. But Joe Blow buying 70 2 liters of Mountain Dew cause hes scared his supply is gonna get cut off? You sir or ma'am, are going to let these rich little pencil necks that have it easy tell you your life is forfeit? **** you dummy. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, just654 said:

Anyone seen a copy of the agree upon new bill? 

I've been looking this morning and can't find anything concrete, just the generic break downs from the news orgs. I'd be very thankful if anyone that found it threw a link up here. 

-Edit- 

Just got an email, someone on my floor / section tested positive for COVID. What a time to be alive. 

Edited by GoSkinsGo
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, GoSkinsGo said:

I've been looking this morning and can't find anything concrete, just the generic break downs from the news orgs. I'd be very thankful if anyone that found it threw a link up here. 

Same thing I have found. I have a feeling that most of DMV area wont be getting much. I am hearing that 75K is the cut off. That it barely a livable wage in the DMV. 

• Like 2

Just now, just654 said:

Same thing I have found. I have a feeling that most of DMV area wont be getting much. I am hearing that 75K is the cut off. That it barely a livable wage in the DMV. 

If it maintains the original structure of a married couple 150k with a phase out to 198k I think you'll see more people qualifying. I'd like to see the bill to see what the rates are and I'm interested in the oversight provisions for the business loans. 

2 minutes ago, just654 said:

Singles in high cost of living areas like New York, California and DMV always get screwed over.

• Like 1

"Under the plan as it was being negotiated, individuals who earn $75,000 in adjusted gross income or less would get direct payments of $1,200 each, with married couples earning up to $150,000 receiving $2,400 -- and an additional $500 per each child. The payment would scale down by income, phasing out entirely at $99,000 for singles and $198,000 for couples without children." CNN Source

I don't remember seeing them say AGI in the first bill. That could be a fairly big qualifier for a lot of people. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GoSkinsGo said:

I don't remember seeing them say AGI in the first bill. That could be a fairly big qualifier for a lot of people. 

AGI was in the first bill. I guessing using 2018 tax returns? Anything on how it is taxed? 

Just now, Springfield said:

What about all the people who made $200k but lost their jobs last week?

My guess is they are out of luck. 

I love the presumption that the individual should have 3-6 months of emergency savings, yet a multi-billion dollar company can't make it a month. I know it's not apples to apple, but the hypocrisy is palpable. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, just654 said:

AGI was in the first bill. I guessing using 2018 tax returns? Anything on how it is taxed? 

I think they were going to hand it out using the most recently filed return but it's actually a tax credit against the 2020 income tax.  So if you typically get a refund, this could diminish or eliminate any refund.   It's still a nice cash infusion but people just have to understand the ramifications.

Edited by bearrock
  • Like 2

Just now, Springfield said:

They are screwed. I guess they fill those people should have a nest egg. 

I want to know how it is taxed, because if I still have to pay taxes at next years tax filling I might just deny it. It will depend on what MD does with schools. Wife is a teacher, her county has stated not sure if they will pay after this Friday.

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Or all the people who made $160k as a family, but wife lost their job and the family is suddenly making $90k

There's a fairly big unemployment benefit boost in the package.  And because it acts as a tax credit, I assume you can claim it when you file the 2020 taxes

1 minute ago, just654 said:

They are screwed. I guess they fill those people should have a nest egg. 

I want to know how it is taxed, because if I still have to pay taxes at next years tax filling I might just deny it. It will depend on what MD does with schools. Wife is a teacher, her county has stated not sure if they will pay after this Friday.

What county? 

My wife teaches at a private school but has a lot of friends in Anne Arundel, Frederick and Montgomery. I haven't heard about not paying.