Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

^^ "At start of Trump event at NIH, infectious diseases expert Dr Fauci explaining to Trump how long it took to develop vaccines for past viruses versus where we are now with Coronavirus."

I used to tell clients who insisted system enhancements could be done quicker by adding more bodies to the project: You can't have a baby in 1 month by getting 9 women pregnant.

Apparently, the same message needs to be beaten into the White House Occupant's head. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

We could still back out Monday and get 40ish% back, but it was time to stop worrying and start getting excited.

Feels good.  Enjoy St Thomas!

I'd be willing to bet you have a higher chance of your plane crashing than contracting the coronavirus.

4 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I'd be willing to bet you have a higher chance of your plane crashing than contracting the coronavirus.

My main concern is/was getting trapped in Ft Lauderdale customs if there’s a major outbreak in SoFla while we’re pub-crawling Bogota.  Gonna roll the dice.

And Avianca hasn’t had a crash since 1990.

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

My main concern is/was getting trapped in Ft Lauderdale customs if there’s a major outbreak in SoFla while we’re pub-crawling Bogota.  Gonna roll the dice.

And Avianca hasn’t had a crash since 1990.

Yeah we are going directly from Dulles to St. Thomas so we won't be in any airports too long hopefully.

My buddy was in Amsterdam last week and flew to Prague yesterday.  He said it's business as usual and didn't even see more people with masks on.  He's from NYC and said he's seen way more masks in NYC than in airports and on flights.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

We could still back out Monday and get 40ish% back, but it was time to stop worrying and start getting excited.

Feels good.  Enjoy St Thomas!

I have a trip booked at Beaches in Turks and Caicos for early April for 5 days with wife and two kids.  I told my wife yesterday to check on the cancellation/postponement policies.  If it's anything less than 50% i'm going hold off on cancelling and just play it by ear.  I see that Santo Domingo has one confirmed case, which you know means that its loose there now.  Only a short flight to Turks, but hopefully it won't be reported there.  For all we know, they won't let us into the country if its untouched by the virus.  I wouldn't.

3 minutes ago, kfrankie said:

I have a trip booked at Beaches in Turks and Caicos for early April for 5 days with wife and two kids.  I told my wife yesterday to check on the cancellation/postponement policies.  If it's anything less than 50% i'm going hold off on cancelling and just play it by ear.  I see that Santo Domingo has one confirmed case, which you know means that its loose there now.  Only a short flight to Turks, but hopefully it won't be reported there.  For all we know, they won't let us into the country if its untouched by the virus.  I wouldn't.

If I had two kids with me, I might have a different outlook.

But we’re traveling light.

10 minutes ago, kfrankie said:

Hope you venture out and explore T&C and don't stay there the whole time.  Beaches grounds are VERY nice but the island is easy to get around with a car and stuff with some very nice beaches and restaurants to go to.

7 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

If I had two kids with me, I might have a different outlook.

But we’re traveling light.

We're going with our son and my wife is 4 months preggers.  But kids have like a 0% mortality rate with this thing anyways.

1 hour ago, visionary said:

This is the most important thing government can be doing right now, and quite honestly the technology to do this is something so standard that quite literally every molecular biology facility in the country likely is equipped for it. Hope we see some testing kits rolled out in huge quantities soon. This is the best way we can limit spread right now. It shouldn’t take long.