Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

If only Miami had scored on that 2 point conversion... we'd be in an incredible position right now with the #1 overall pick.

I still think we can net a damn great haul for that #2 pick. But its the constant battle to balance that out with taking Young. I’ve said before, it’s a massive call if Young end up being a destroyer in the NFL. Ideally I want him and I want more draft picks, but on a tangent we have Tua probably sat there too..

I’ve said it’s a massive call, even though it’s early in his tenure, it’s almost a pivotal moment. Damn I hope we get it right.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I still think we can net a damn great haul for that #2 pick. But its the constant battle to balance that out with taking Young. I’ve said before, it’s a massive call if Young end up being a destroyer in the NFL. Ideally I want him and I want more draft picks, but on a tangent we have Tua probably sat there too..

I’ve said it’s a massive call, even though it’s early in his tenure, it’s almost a pivotal moment. Damn I hope we get it right.

Yeah, the smartest move here is to stay put and take Young unless we get a haul greater than the RGIII trade, which won't happen.  Now, if we had ended up with the #1 pick... that would have been amazing to trade down from 1 to 2 and get Young plus probably a future 1st round pick out of Cincy.

Regarding moving down from 2 to 3... I was one of the first ones on this board to bring up the trade down with Detroit once the draft order was set, but I gave it an almost 0% chance of happening and I still do.

21 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Yeah, the smartest move here is to stay put and take Young unless we get a haul greater than the RGIII trade, which won't happen.  Now, if we had ended up with the #1 pick... that would have been amazing to trade down from 1 to 2 and get Young plus probably a future 1st round pick out of Cincy.

Regarding moving down from 2 to 3... I was one of the first ones on this board to bring up the trade down with Detroit once the draft order was set, but I gave it an almost 0% chance of happening and I still do.

Bears jumped from #3 to #2 for a QB. I mean it’s feasible in return for a third and fourth rounder plus change.

I was also reading that the Stafford dead cap hit is actually nearer 25mil if traded.  They could shift him, draft Tua and still have a high first and second rounder. 

Plenty of mileage in the draft rumor mill yet :ols:

Edited by UK SKINS FAN 74

4 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Making moves to get Young at #3 has to be what we are working our nuts off for.

This would be the dream. It seems super unlikely, but maybe Matt Stafford gets traded to the Patriots once Tom leaves and the Lions turn around and trade up to #2 for Tua to secure him.

Would it make any sense to at least pretend that we like Tua?  See if we can somehow pull off trading out of 2, and still landing Chase.

I'd guess it can't hurt too much to try. And regardless, at 2 OA we need to look at all players closely especially Tua.  With the fail rate of QBs I have long thought having 2 younguns is wise but most teams seem afraid to do it.  We did it, and both QBs are still in the league despite our top tier organizational dysfunction.

I like 3 QBs in the mix - 1 vet. I feel like starters go down quite often. Competition is not always a bad thing, but I think the NFL Gods frowns upon it when its QBs. I was bent when we drafted Kirk thinking 3 would be looking over his shoulder.  I was wrong.

The key may be trading the one you don't want early on, on a high.  I have to think coaches can look at a kid in day 1 and know yeah this is going to tough. Flynn'em. Seattle drafted Wilson right after getting bent.

Edited by RandyHolt

8 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Would it make any sense to at least pretend that we like Tua?  See if we can somehow pull off trading out of 2, and still landing Chase.

I'd guess it can't hurt too much to try. And regardless, at 2 OA we need to look at all players closely especially Tua.  With the fail rate of QBs I have long thought having 2 younguns is wise but most teams seem afraid to do it.  We did it, and both QBs are still in the league despite our top tier organizational dysfunction.

I like 3 QBs in the mix - 1 vet. I feel like starters go down quite often. Competition is not always a bad thing, but I think the NFL Gods frowns upon it when its QBs. I was bent when we drafted Kirk thinking 3 would be looking over his shoulder.  I was wrong.

The key may be trading the one you don't want early on, on a high.  Flynn'em.

There's no doubt in my mind that Tua will be discussed heavily. If he isn't, this new regime is already a joke, he's a legit franchise QB, they must do their due diligence on him. At the very least, I think we should leak interest in him so teams know it won't be cheap to trade up for him. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

There's no doubt in my mind that Tua will be discussed heavily. If he isn't, this new regime is already a joke, he's a legit franchise QB, they must do their due diligence on him. At the very least, I think we should leak interest in him so teams know it won't be cheap to trade up for him. 

I get the sense that most here are convinced 100% it's going to be Chase.  Maybe I should start a welcome thread.

After a stud workout from Tua we should say we love him blah blah. Send our new GM out there to pump the tires. Heh. 

We want a bidding war dammit. We are usually too stupid to embrace the suck and get a top pick. This year, we were indeed SO bad that for once we couldn't spend our way to our annual mediocrity. Lets leverage this to the max. Call Cleveland.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

I don’t think the Skins take Tua. But I think anyone that is completely convinced that Young is already a Redskin simply has made their own mind up and are hoping to will it to fruition. And chances are, it happens.

But this is the NFL. The only sure thing is that there are no sure things.

I would have heavy interest in Tua if I was the Redskins. Ultimately, I probably wind up with Young. But let me tell you... Tua has special written across his forehead in bold letters.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I get the sense that most here are convinced 100% it's going to be Chase.  Maybe I should start a welcome thread.

After a stud workout from Tua we should say we love him blah blah. Send our new GM out there to pump the tires. Heh. 

We want a bidding war dammit. We are usually too stupid to embrace the suck and get a top pick. This year, we were indeed SO bad that for once we couldn't spend our way to our annual mediocrity. Lets leverage this to the max. Call Cleveland.

Tua's ball placement is special, he also has great pocket mobility and pocket awareness. Still, my dream scenario is that Detroit realizes Stafford is on a different timeline than the rest of their team and they call up wanting to draft Tua offering their 2nd. Imagine the circle jerks to our defense we would have with Chase Young and Xavier McKinney or Trevon Diggs. There wouldn't be enough tissues this forum could pass out and distribute to us. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don’t think the Skins take Tua. But I think anyone that is completely convinced that Young is already a Redskin simply has made their own mind up and are hoping to will it to fruition. And chances are, it happens.

I would have heavy interest in Tua if I was the Redskins. Ultimately, I probably wind up with Young. But let me tell you... Tua has special written across his forehead in bold letters.

I don't think they take him either, I liked what I saw from Haskins at the end of the year, but I also like Tua more than I ever liked Haskins as a prospect. The Redskins would be showing the ultimate faith in Dwayne Haskins if they passed on Tua, I'm just hoping we don't regret it down the road. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Bears jumped from #3 to #2 for a QB. I mean it’s feasible in return for a third and fourth rounder plus change.

I was also reading that the Stafford dead cap hit is actually nearer 25mil if traded.  They could shift him, draft Tua and still have a high first and second rounder. 

Plenty of mileage in the draft rumor mill yet :ols:

Who was the Bears QB the season leading up to that draft? The Lions can afford to stay put and gamble that the Redskins take Chase Young. 

9 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

12 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Who was the Bears QB the season leading up to that draft? The Lions can afford to stay put and gamble that the Redskins take Chase Young. 

from memory they spent big on Glennon??

If the Lions want to move on from Stafford though they won’t screw him over and wait until the draft. There will be a massive amount of good faith in the relationship between Stafford and the Lions organisation. 

Any ‘improbable’ transaction of Stafford being traded would invariably coincide with the Lions jumping to #1 or #2 in the draft via trade as well, in my opinion.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

Its not about us taking tua, its about the bears not wanting miami to jump them and take him.

If detroit gets the notion that miami is in play, we can leverage that.  Were not gonna get multiple picks or anything.. but anything they give up is gravy if we move back to 3...assuming they take Tua

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, KDawg said:

I'm right there with you if Tua was 100% healthy.  What scares me the most is his inability to stay healthy while playing behind an NFL caliber offensive line with NFL caliber WRs, RBs, and TEs.  Somehow Tua consistently dealt with injuries his entire time as a starter. 

The young man's high IQ and incredible skill set is undeniable but he appears to be as brittle as glass.  NFL defenders are much bigger, faster, and stronger than college defenders.  As a result, Tua scares me.  I can see Chase Young (possibly in a Giants uniform) freight-training past our helpless tackle and ending our brittle QB's season.

If the choice is between Young and Tua, I think I would take Young. 

5 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

But let me tell you... Tua has special written across his forehead in bold letters

He also has IR tattooed on his hip.  

I’d agree with you if it weren’t for some significant injury history.  

In fact, if it weren’t for the injury history, and if Tua had played the remainder of 2019, I’d give you good odds he’d be the consensus #1 #1. Not Burrow. 

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

In fact, if it weren’t for the injury history, and if Tua had played the remainder of 2019, I’d give you good odds he’d be the consensus #1 #1. Not Burrow. 

I can definitely see that.  In fact, before the Redskins drafted Haskins last year, I had hopes of them being in position to draft Tua this year.  Just goes to show no one knows what the future holds.

For the record, you quoted KDawg in your reply to me.

8 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

In fact, if it weren’t for the injury history, and if Tua had played the remainder of 2019, I’d give you good odds he’d be the consensus #1 #1. Not Burrow. 

People getting on the Tua train surprise me. Without injury i get it. But why would Ron, on his very first major draft decision take a risk on a guy who is coming off the kind of injury Tua is? 

The only reason he is getting hyped right now is people are going through their pre-draft let's elevate QBs way beyond where they should be drafted period. In the end they will convince themselves that 4 QBs need to go in the top 20 - not saying this exactly for this draft. Just making an example.

You have no idea what kind of QB Tua is going to be coming off that injury. No doubt that without injury there is a 1,2 battle between Burrow and Tua - and Tua probably would have gone before Burrow - hard to tell. But right now, there is no way the Redskins should even consider a guy with that kind of injury with the #2 pick. Let someone take that chance.

Now the Lions are really helping us out but shopping Stafford - if they really are. Lot's of lies and bull**** this time of year from NFL teams. But if they are truly thinking QB at #3, that stokes the bidding war. I would love to have Chase. But if you get a Hershel Walker/RG3 type deal I think you have to consider it. 

Should be a fun ride - unless they take Tua at #2 and the giants end up with Chase Y. I will lose all my faith in this new regime. Tua at #2 is a Dan Snyder flash move - not a smart football move - which are rarely as sexy but way more valuable long run most of the time. 

• Like 2

Hi all. One way to make the league think you may take Tua instead of CY is to offer up Haskins in a trade. In a way I am thinking that Tua will help us just as much if not more than CY. Detroit will take CY with their 3rd so the Giants will have to trade up with Detroit to get him. Putting up Haskins will make Miami think that they may not get Tua at 5 if they think we may take him. I know everyone here is sold on Haskins but Tua rates better by most observers than Haskins.

8 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

I can definitely see that.  In fact, before the Redskins drafted Haskins last year, I had hopes of them being in position to draft Tua this year.  Just goes to show no one knows what the future holds.

For the record, you quoted KDawg in your reply to me.

I don’t know what happened with the quotes.  

1 minute ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Hi all. One way to make the league think you may take Tua instead of CY is to offer up Haskins in a trade. In a way I am thinking that Tua will help us just as much if not more than CY. Detroit will take CY with their 3rd so the Giants will have to trade up with Detroit to get him. Putting up Haskins will make Miami think that they may not get Tua at 5 if they think we may take him. I know everyone here is sold on Haskins but Tua rates better by most observers than Haskins.

Please show me where "everyone here" is sold on Haskins? In fact I would bet money more people are NOT sold on Haskins than are. But what people are sold on it's too early to waste the resources. If you want to trade Haskins and can get another 1st for him - I guess that's away to go. i still think Tua is not a risk you want to take considering the injury.

Redskins of all people should be wary of players with injuries. We have lived in injury hell for several years now. So the answer is use the #2 pick in the draft on a guy who severely dislocated his hip?  

• Like 3