Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think the chances Cincy doesn’t take a QB is minimal and IF they don’t want to take a QB, then I think it’s a fair bet somebody who wants a QB trades up to 1 to grab a QB.

I find it hard to believe Cincy would draft Young. If you have the chance to pic a franchise QB or a franchise pass rusher, you pick the QB 10 times out of 10.

But, as you said, stranger things have happened.

My fear is that Brown decides he'd rather have several first rounders and would trade down for a haul to someone who wants Young (say NY).

17 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think the chances Cincy doesn’t take a QB is minimal and IF they don’t want to take a QB, then I think it’s a fair bet somebody who wants a QB trades up to 1 to grab a QB.

I find it hard to believe Cincy would draft Young. If you have the chance to pic a franchise QB or a franchise pass rusher, you pick the QB 10 times out of 10.

But, as you said, stranger things have happened.

I agree it's just ab otu as close to a cetainty they take Burrow - honestly it would be a monumentally stupid move for them to do anything else considering their QB situation. They may throw some smoke but they are taking Burrow. 

But if they do not, it is not to trade down - barring the insane - someone offers 3 to 4 1sts with a few 2nds or some other lunacy. But I prefer to stay in reality not fantasy land..  🙂  

The only reason you don't take Burrow is that you like Young so much better. But even if someone does trade up to 1 for him, then our decision does not change just becasue someone gave up a mother lode to get to #1. We take Chase and say thank you. 

@Darth Tater

image.thumb.png.ea1a028b2e5cc937619c45f9dd3e5c76.png

If they do that they will be spend a lot - Cinn is not moving out of 1 even just down to 4 for nothing. It will cost a huge pile. And then that leaves us with the #2 pick and a bunch of QB needy teams trying to get our pick. 

I see this as an awesome option. Let the giants have him as long as they have to give up the best parts their draft the next two years - and that's what it will take. 

6 hours ago, goskins10 said:

The only reason you don't take Burrow is that you like Young so much better.

Actually there is another reason: you like Herbert or Tua as much, or maybe just a weeeeeee little less, and think you could grab one of them and pick up a couple pieces as well because you’re the Bengals and need something just about everywhere.

Again, 98% chance they take Burrow, we take Chase, and all’s good in the world.  

And if not, as you pointed out, the Skins are STILL in an awesome position.

• Like 2

Or, Cincy trades down with Detroit knowing the Skins don’t need a QB and Still get Burrow. Or,they could trade #1 with NYG knowing Tua will be there aa you suggested @Voice of Reaso, they might like him almost as much as Burrow but know adding extra picks helps their team more. 

I said in another thread that if CY is gone and Burrow lands in our lap, we should draft him only if there are no big offers from other teams; since they may not think we’ll take him. Then try to trade him once we have possession of him and I think the offers go will up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JaxJoe said:

I said in another thread that if CY is gone and Burrow lands in our lap, we should draft him only if there are no big offers from other teams; since they may not think we’ll take him. Then try to trade him once we have possession of him and I think the offers go will up. 

Or you say screw it and trade Haskins and go with Butrow.  

I doubt it comes to that.  Order of possibilities:

1. Cincy takes Burrow.  This is probably 90%, if not higher. 

2. Cincy trades back, Burrow still goes #1. 5%

3. Cincy takes CY. 5%

3a. there are no blockbuster trades to move up to 2 for Burrow. 20%

3b. Somebody trades up to 2 with multiple 1s to get Burrow. 80%

so if the scenario played out 100 times, CY goes 1 5 times and the Skins get “stuck”  picking Burrow 1 out of those 5 times.

So 1% of the time, that would play out.  

• Like 1

On 2/7/2020 at 10:08 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

This dude isn't a nobody, 11K plus followers.  But hard for me to believe this would happen this early before Tua is finished with the medicals, etc.  I recall McShay something is coming out about Tua soon medically but not yet. 

Also from Dan Sileo:

"America's Most Notorious Radio Host"

Edited by Riggo#44
  • Haha 5

We’ll see what happens. I think Cincy fell in love with Herbert. And they know they can move back for him. 

Chicago senses that and wants to jump to 2 to get the best QB on the board. That leaves Detroit at 3 with Young in their laps.

I don’t see a trade with Chicago happening. Taking on that Mack contract is nuts. You do that and you’re basically saying “we are challenging for a title”. And the money owed to Mack means this team goes into next season with entirely too many holes unaccounted for. 

• Like 1

As thrilled as I am about the prospect of adding a player like Chase Young, we can't get too trapped in tunnel vision. He's still just one player, just like Khalil Mack is just one player.

I can remember watching Derrick Thomas get seven sacks on the Seahawks and they still lost that game because he missed the eighth. And it is seriously unfair that I remember it that way because if DT had even the slightest bit of help from the rest of that team, it wouldn't have been all on him.

I try to keep up with these conversations but I keep getting yanked back to context. Ron Rivera + JDR + Chase Young is an equation where the player only shoulders some of the responsibility. Yeah, this kid looks like a beast, and yeah, I want to see him in the B&G but right now the team is in flux in a way we haven't seen in forever. IMO the last thing you want to do is make some huge splashy expensive move a la Mack when there are so many other variables in play.

Cincy is the only ones that can screw us right now unless we screw ourselves. I would already have the card filled out w/ Young's name.

• Like 1

Nobody is going to give up qb draft capital to trade up for a DE.

Hell the only ones who gave up a ton for a qb was us.. and we haven't seen that kind of trade before or since.

IF anyone gave up the farm to move up, it's for a qb.. not a DE.

*unless you're Mike Ditka and you trade your whole draft for a RB.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

Nobody is going to give up qb draft capital to trade up for a DE.

Hell the only ones who gave up a ton for a qb was us.. and we haven't seen that kind of trade before or since.

IF anyone gave up the farm to move up, it's for a qb.. not a DE.

*unless you're Mike Ditka and you trade your whole draft for a RB.

Sure, but if Chicago does move up it doesn't matter who its for. Chase Young would not be available at our selection. 

Chicago seems to be getting prepared for Burrow OR Young to go #1. They want to get their quarterback, and they know they would likely need to leapfrog everyone else to get him. Moving to two for Tua makes sense.

I think Cincy likes Herbert from their time at the Senior Bowl. 

Young would be on the board at 3 for the Lions if we make that trade.

On 2/8/2020 at 5:06 PM, Darth Tater said:

My fear is that Brown decides he'd rather have several first rounders and would trade down for a haul to someone who wants Young (say NY).

No worries, teams that pick #1 who need a QB take the QB....And I think the only team crazy enough to offer a King's ransom to get to #1 would be Miami or Vegas and they'd both take Burrow or Tua.....in my opinion you should be more worried that the Skins trade out of 2 and leave Young there for the NYG to select at #4 without having to make a deal at all.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Sure, but if Chicago does move up it doesn't matter who its for. Chase Young would not be available at our selection. 

Chicago seems to be getting prepared for Burrow OR Young to go #1. They want to get their quarterback, and they know they would likely need to leapfrog everyone else to get him. Moving to two for Tua makes sense.

Chicago doesn't have a 1st round pick, fyi. Oakland is drafting #19, via Chicago. https://nfltraderumors.co/2020-nfl-draft-order/

If Washington trades down my guess is that it is to 5, 6 or 7 (Dolphins, Chargers or Panthers) and the target would be Okudah or Simmons, or possibly A. Thomas. 

Edited by morpheusmeyers
  • Like 1

Just now, morpheusmeyers said:

Chicago doesn't have a 1st round pick, fyi.

Oakland is drafting #18, via Chicago. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2866627-updated-2020-nfl-draft-order-following-week-15-results

I'm aware. I don't think we make the trade. But it's something worthy of a short discussion for laughs. 

Chicago would offer their second and players to move up, likely including Mack.

I'd pass all day long. But, kinda fun in the slow news period :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I'm aware. I don't think we make the trade. But it's something worthy of a short discussion for laughs. 

Chicago would offer their second and players to move up, likely including Mack.

I'd pass all day long. But, kinda fun in the slow news period :)

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying.

I'm torn. I LOVE the idea of picking Young at #2, but I really LIKE the idea of drafting Okudah or Simmons at #5 or #6, and having extra high picks in this year's and next year's drafts.

1 minute ago, morpheusmeyers said:

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying.

I'm torn. I LOVE the idea of picking Young at #2, but I really LIKE the idea of drafting Okudah or Simmons at #5 or #6, and having extra high picks in this year's and next year's drafts.

You had me at “Simmons”, sir.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

I think Cincy likes Herbert from their time at the Senior Bowl. 

Young would be on the board at 3 for the Lions if we make that trade.

Chicago doesn't have the ammo to move up, they're a non factor as far as I'm concerned.

Nobody is going to want to take that contract on if Mack is part of the deal, and they've got no first rounder and a middling pair of 2nds. Not enough to get anything done imo.

16 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

Chicago doesn't have the ammo to move up, they're a non factor as far as I'm concerned.

Nobody is going to want to take that contract on if Mack is part of the deal, and they've got no first rounder and a middling pair of 2nds. Not enough to get anything done imo.

I don't see the Bears being players either but here's a question, would you trade out of #2 with the Bears for this offer:

Skins get: Khalil Mack, Bears two #2 picks, Bears 2021 first round pick

Bears get: Skins #2 overall pick, Alex Smith

Mack turns 29 on Feb 22nd. 

12 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I don't see the Bears being players either but here's a question, would you trade out of #2 with the Bears for this offer:

Skins get: Khalil Mack, Bears two #2 picks, Bears 2021 first round pick

Bears get: Skins #2 overall pick, Alex Smith

Mack turns 29 on Feb 22nd. 

I was thinking something along these lines, but maybe add in Fuller?  I’m still staying away though.   

Bears are in a crappy position.  Mack’s contract is huge, Trubisky sucks, they’re lacking draft capital, and they’re short on cap space.  

On 2/9/2020 at 8:42 AM, Voice_of_Reason said:

Or you say screw it and trade Haskins and go with Butrow.  

I doubt it comes to that.  Order of possibilities:

1. Cincy takes Burrow.  This is probably 90%, if not higher. 

2. Cincy trades back, Burrow still goes #1. 5%

3. Cincy takes CY. 5%

What happens with the other 9%?