Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

2 hours ago, oraphus said:

[Ben Standig] Commanders DE Chase Young will not play in Sunday's regular season opener and is not expected back until at least Week 3 with a neck injury, multiple sources tell The Athletic.

maybe we can still trade him for a royale w cheese? 

A princess with a yeast infection?

• Like 1

By all accounts he's been working his ass off.

He's in a contract year so you know he's going to be extremely motivated. 

I doubt there's any ten fans combined that are more disappointed than chase is that he can't play tomorrow. 

It's a stinger, falls directly into the **** happens category, hell be back fairly quickly and well get an indication as to where he's at from a football standpoint before a decision has to made on whether to attempt to retain him.

This is not the end of the world people, chill out have a beer and get excited for tomorrow and an eventual return for chase against teams we'll need him healthy for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb down 2

3 hours ago, Captain James said:

Too bad. This "cupcake" matchup could have been one for him to get off to a great start to prove haters wrong.

Bummer.

I mean... dude's kinda' having the opposite effect now. Especially against this matchup. Cleared for contact, but still not playing... ? Against the Cardinals? 

18 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

I mean... dude's kinda' having the opposite effect now. Especially against this matchup. Cleared for contact, but still not playing... ? Against the Cardinals? 

Just because the team sucks doesn't mean the game won't be any less physical.  All the more reason not to play him -- if we really need to risk further *neck* injury to him to win, we shouldn't be guffawing on Arizona.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Dark Acre said:

Just because the team sucks doesn't mean the game won't be any less physical.  All the more reason not to play him -- if we really need to risk further *neck* injury to him to win, we shouldn't be guffawing on Arizona.

Yeah lets not risk it....What "it" is im not really sure of. I think his jersey sales have caught on as being a joker

This is reminding me of the antonio gibson fumble in the preseason last year.

He had worked all offseason on his fumbling problem and he fumbled early in the preseason and the mob reacted the same way to him that they are to this.

It was cut him, trade him for a ham sandwich, bum can't hold onto the ball etc.

Turned out he had fixed that problem (not one fumble in 15 games) and the one in the preseason was just a fluke.

Chase's career has been a disappointment so far there's absolutely no doubt but have a little patience with this injury it absolutely could be just a fluke like gibson's fumble last year.

4 minutes ago, redskinss said:

This is reminding me of the antonio gibson fumble in the preseason last year.

He had worked all offseason on his fumbling problem and he fumbled early in the preseason and the mob reacted the same way to him that they are to this.

It was cut him, trade him for a ham sandwich, bum can't hold onto the ball etc.

Turned out he had fixed that problem (not one fumble in 15 games) and the one in the preseason was just a fluke.

Chase's career has been a disappointment so far there's absolutely no doubt but have a little patience with this injury it absolutely could be just a fluke like gibson's fumble last year.

Obviously we all hope this is true. Hard to imagine ever getting the college Chase back after that nasty injury though..

Just now, XxSpearheadxX said:

The mysterious of this injury and the total disconnect between what is actually happening and what Chase and the Coaches are constantly saying. It makese feel like I'm being lied to, not saying there are lies, but consider my hackles raised. 

That could be a possibility. 

There has been a lot of that with this staff.

It's always "we're just being extra cautious" then the player misses 8 weeks or something. 

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Captain James said:

Obviously we all hope this is true. Hard to imagine ever getting the college Chase back after that nasty injury though..

Agree, that's probably a dream to hope he'll be the dominant guy we envisioned but he still could be solid.

It'll be an interesting offseason if he has a good but not elite season trying to figure out what to do with him and whether or not he tries to get a contract commensurate with his actual production or what he was supposed to be.