Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ron Rivera to be next Redskins HC (According to CSN Post-game Show)

skinfan2k

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

So basically Dan has to be treated like a 5 year old. 

Sadly, that's what it seems.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/12/30/after-decade-change-everywhere-top-redskins-finally-move-bruce-allen/

...While Allen’s direction produced poor results, he was one of the few people Snyder listened to and often acted as a governor on Snyder’s impulses. Allen took part in almost every major decision for the franchise on business and football matters, wielding as much influence as almost any NFL team executive.

Snyder has grown frustrated with his inability to deliver a winning team, and those close to him have difficulty predicting how he’ll manage the franchise without Allen.

“Now, Dan is a wild card with a lot of money and a lot of impatience,” the person familiar with the team’s inner workings said on the condition of anonymity so as to offer a more candid assessment. “This may have caused a lot more trouble than people realize.”

9 hours ago, mistertim said:

I think you're overvaluing secondary compared to pass rushers. I'd much rather have a top shelf DL with an elite edge rusher that gets consistent pressure on the QB and decent corners than a decent DL without the elite edge rusher that sometimes gets pressure and one elite corner. There's a reason that pass rushers come in second only to QBs in salaries commanded. It's the second most valuable position on the field and teams obviously know that or they wouldn't be paying them so much. If you can disrupt the QB consistently you can disrupt everything and alter the entire game. 

Sure, just let me know when we have decent corners. Right now we have Dunbar who you could say is decent but always injured and then you have a smorgasbord if question marks with Moreau, Moreland, Norman if he stays and who?? I think if we draft young then it’s imperative we sign a good press coverage corner to help take away the quick out. Maybe Ronald Darby?

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think he's good but I've heard multiple times that he has a combustible personality so wonder how that would fly with Dan?

True.  I also believe that they need a young never been a GM GM so not to have a power strugle.

Someone that will grow and work with rivera and fight for control like i think dorsey would.  Even though he has a good track record building teams

but like i said still an interesting choice

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

Sure, just let me know when we have decent corners. Right now we have Dunbar who you could say is decent but always injured and then you have a smorgasbord if question marks with Moreau, Moreland, Norman if he stays and who?? I think if we draft young then it’s imperative we sign a good press coverage corner to help take away the quick out. Maybe Ronald Darby?

Dunbar is very good, you can argue about his health, but he has played very well. I would much rather go with Dunbar who has been very good and Moreau on the outside with Young and a beast DL than draft a CB in the first.

10 minutes ago, mistertim said:

So basically Dan has to be treated like a 5 year old. 

As I have progressed in my career and moved up the ladder the one observation I have of executive C-level leadership is you must treat all of them like 5 year olds.

Making an idea that is yours, sound like it was theirs the entire time, will 100% get projects moving and advance your career. This is a phenomena I have observed across multiple companies, big and small. 

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think he's good but I've heard multiple times that he has a combustible personality so wonder how that would fly with Dan?

Also, he and RR have no connection and GM/HC really need to be lockstep in both success and failure so there's no finger pointing.  I'm all for RR having major influence in who is our GM. 🙂

I understand from the coaching search Dorsey was only looking at coaches that didn't want a lot of power but ownership wanted to seek guys like Urban Meyer, Josh Daniels, etc.

1 minute ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Dunbar is very good, you can argue about his health, but he has played very well. I would much rather go with Dunbar who has been very good and Moreau on the outside with Young and a beast DL than draft a CB in the first.

And what do you do when Dunbar starts missing games?

1 minute ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Yeah I don't get where Dunbar is "decent". His PFF grade was mid 80s IIRC, which is basically Pro Bowl level. He's a very good corner but the health issues are a legit concern. I'd put Moreau in the "decent" category right now but he has room to improve obviously as he's very young. 

As far as trading down and grabbing up 2 or 3 later picks there's a weird phenomenon I've noticed when people make this argument. On the one hand they say that there's no guarantee that Chase Young will be great, hence we should trade down. But then on the other hand they turn around and assume that the guys we'd get in the trade down would at least be "good". "I'd rather have 3 good players than 1 stud". Wait, how is there any sort of guarantee that a guy you pick later is going to be any good if there's no guarantee that even Chase Young is going to be good? Seems odd to me.

11 minutes ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

As I have progressed in my career and moved up the ladder the one observation I have of executive C-level leadership is you must treat all of them like 5 year olds.

Making an idea that is yours, sound like it was theirs the entire time, will 100% get projects moving and advance your career. This is a phenomena I have observed across multiple companies, big and small. 

That's a fair point. I'm not in a director level role or anything but I've been at the top of engineering teams for a while now at a few different companies so I do have to work with upper level executives from time to time (size of the company usually dictates how often) and I've actually noticed that as well. You really do need to treat them like children. It's like some sort of inverse square law of salary and level of intellect. The higher your position and salary, the lower your intellect needs to become as a result. 

btw the junkies had this add, that I thought this morning suggested there had been no holdouts/controversy during Allen's tenure>

And I said what?

How about McNabb?
HaynesWorth/Cap Gate?
S'ua Cravens?
RG3 vs Cousins
Cousins Extension
I'm sure I missed something.

20 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

And what do you do when Dunbar starts missing games?

You can bring in someone via FA or a later round pick spent on CB. You dont pass on someone that could be a generational talent at one of the most important and impactful positions on the field, especially as that position can make your existing DBs look a lot better.

24 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

For the record, the Italian Riviera is nicer, despite all the hype the French portion gets.

I'll stick to the Caribbean. Water is as clear as vodka. You can see straight down 40 feet perfectly. You can see where I work in the first video. I walk the pier a lot after work. No passport, cheap living. 

Archived