Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

**** you 50 gut!!!!

Playaction2Sanders

This is what our teams identity should be the rest of the way, after the Carolina game.. Need a reminder fans?? Am I the only person who was thinking about this when Guice and AP was running all over Carolina on Sunday??? Meteorologists all over America could only agree on 1 thing on Jan. 22nd 1983. Randy Its coming at you!!!!

Its might work against a non-playoff team. But we saw this run game, zero turnover, solid defense team last year.  Everytime they ran into a team that could score 30 points walking backwards, they did, and we had no answer.  

It's not that I dont like this plan, there jus needs to be an answer for a league that has gone all in to allow dominant passing games.  We need to get better at pass defense and turnovers, even scoring in defense.  Look at what Denver and Seattle did the years they won, if that's what yall want, which I'm down for, that's what you need.  Trying to keep people in front of you isnt good enough.

7 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Its might work against a non-playoff team. But we saw this run game, zero turnover, solid defense team last year.  Everytime they ran into a team that could score 30 points walking backwards, they did, and we had no answer.  

It's not that I dont like this plan, there jus needs to be an answer for a league that has gone all in to allow dominant passing games.  We need to get better at pass defense and turnovers, even scoring in defense.  Look at what Denver and Seattle did the years they won, if that's what yall want, which I'm down for, that's what you need.  Trying to keep people in front of you isnt good enough.

Except that they had a passing game to go with the run game.  Teams couldn't stack the box.

That OL was a bulldozer with legs and Riggins was a hammer.  That line would get him 3 yards a play before he was ever touched.  They would tell the DL which way the ball was headed and they still couldn't stop it. 

That's the exact reason why we need to invest heavily in the OL in the draft.   No reaches, just good, solid, mean linemen.

11 hours ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

This is what our teams identity should be the rest of the way, after the Carolina game.. Need a reminder fans?? Am I the only person who was thinking about this when Guice and AP was running all over Carolina on Sunday??? Meteorologists all over America could all agree on 1 thing on Jan. 22nd 1983. Randy Its coming at you!!!!

Probably one of the greatest acts of mutiny ever! 

33 minutes ago, sempre_victrix said:

Except that they had a passing game to go with the run game.  Teams couldn't stack the box.

That OL was a bulldozer with legs and Riggins was a hammer.  That line would get him 3 yards a play before he was ever touched.  They would tell the DL which way the ball was headed and they still couldn't stop it. 

That's the exact reason why we need to invest heavily in the OL in the draft.   No reaches, just good, solid, mean linemen.

Based off playaction though.  This isnt the 80s, teams win the superbowl without dominant run games all the time now. Some run jus to keep the defense honest or use the pass to setup the run, polar opposite.

But if you want to still be able to run to setup the pass, you have to keep the score close, which requires a superior defensive effort every week, especially now. Redskins defense really isnt talked about enough when I see the Gibbs years brought up, I see the Hogs and 50 Gut all the time but rarely see Capitol Punishment brought up. 

The years we won the super bowl our defense was ranked 1st, 6th, and 2nd in ppg.

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Based off playaction though.  This isnt the 80s, teams win the superbowl without dominant run games all the time now. Some run jus to keep the defense honest or use the pass to setup the run, polar opposite.

But if you want to still be able to run to setup the pass, you have to keep the score close, which requires a superior defensive effort every week, especially now. Redskins defense really isnt talked about enough when I see the Gibbs years brought up, I see the Hogs and 50 Gut all the time but rarely see Capitol Punishment brought up. 

The years we won the super bowl our defense was ranked 1st, 6th, and 2nd in ppg.

But our defense in 92 was awesome as well. But our offense took such a huge step back they had few opportunities to pin their ears back and rush the QB like they could in 91. My favorite defense of all time was the '04 defense but we averaged just as many pts in '04 as we have this season but that defense was still awesome if you watch the tape..

3 minutes ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

But our defense in 92 was awesome as well. But our offense took such a huge step back they had few opportunities to pin their ears back and rush the QB like they could in 91. My favorite defense of all time was the '04 defense but we averaged just as many pts in '04 as we have this season but that defense was still awesome if you watch the tape..

Not sure what you saying here, its 2019, the closest thing we had to an elite defense doing it by itself was the Broncos a couple years ago and the Ravens in 2000.  Those weren't jua elite, they were historically good. All in trying to emphasis is if we want to be a run dominant team, we have to have a defense that allows that. We did the years we won the superbowl, who cares if you can get 8 minutes drive if the other team can a td in less then two?

This only worked against Carolina because of their total incompetence as an NFL team and guess who got fired shortly thereafter?

Snyderskins could have Jim Brown, John Riggins, Walter Payton, and Emmit Smih in the same backfield and it wouldn't make a difference as long as Dan "the crazy owner" Snyder (per Colin Cowherd on today's "The Herd") is the owner. 0-4 for the remainder of 2019, book it.

34 minutes ago, Smurf3 said:

This only worked against Carolina because of their total incompetence as an NFL team and guess who got fired shortly thereafter?

Snyderskins could have Jim Brown, John Riggins, Walter Payton, and Emmit Smih in the same backfield and it wouldn't make a difference as long as Dan "the crazy owner" Snyder (per Colin Cowherd on today's "The Herd") is the owner. 0-4 for the remainder of 2019, book it.

I bet good money that we will beat the giants 

The Carolina game was ALL Bill Callahan.

He's very very well known for being a run-first coach. Always has.

It all adds up: shaky play from our rookie QB and defense, as well as questionable special teams.

His choice was obvious: pound that rock time and time again, specially with a healthy Guice.

Frankly, there's little else you could call a "strength" with this year's squad. 

I love it. 

On 12/3/2019 at 4:18 AM, Playaction2Sanders said:

This is what our teams identity should be the rest of the way, after the Carolina game.. Need a reminder fans?? Am I the only person who was thinking about this when Guice and AP was running all over Carolina on Sunday??? Meteorologists all over America could all agree on 1 thing on Jan. 22nd 1983. Randy Its coming at you!!!!

Great Post.  I think "Identity" has been a serious issue with this team since after Gibbs 2.  In 2005, we werent the best on offense but we used our Power running game to control the LOS and we smashed people on Defense.  Thats why I loved those teams.  These teams through the last few years have been so up and down on both sides of the ball (Mostly down)  Its just confusing as a fan.  If we were just good at 1 thing.... running, passing, defense... I would be much happier.  It looks like thats what Callahan is trying to do.  Create an identity and build around it. Yes please...

19 minutes ago, NeverSurrender said:

Great Post.  I think "Identity" has been a serious issue with this team since after Gibbs 2.  In 2005, we werent the best on offense but we used our Power running game to control the LOS and we smashed people on Defense.  Thats why I loved those teams.  These teams through the last few years have been so up and down on both sides of the ball (Mostly down)  Its just confusing as a fan.  If we were just good at 1 thing.... running, passing, defense... I would be much happier.  It looks like thats what Callahan is trying to do.  Create an identity and build around it. Yes please...

The problem is that identity is obsolete against all but the worst running offenses, and there is no credible plan B.

Look at Belichick teams.  They don't even necessarily have an identity.  Their identity is game planning against their opponent and attacking their weakness.  Having an identity you try and constantly lean on is hugely overrated and predictable.  The only identity I care about is winning games, and that involves being versatile, flexible, and attacking your opponents weak spots, not trying to force your preferred playstyle 

This is a case of a broken clock being right twice a day since Carolina is awful against the run.  And if we stick with Callahan you will see just how painfully right I am 

1 hour ago, Smurf3 said:

It’s come to referencing Colin frigging Cowherd to make a point?  No wonder you felt the need to go off the hyperbolic deep end.  

and yeah, I’ll take a little of that “book it” action.

4 hours ago, TommyWilson said:

The problem is that identity is obsolete against all but the worst running offenses, and there is no credible plan B.

Look at Belichick teams.  They don't even necessarily have an identity.  Their identity is game planning against their opponent and attacking their weakness.  Having an identity you try and constantly lean on is hugely overrated and predictable.  The only identity I care about is winning games, and that involves being versatile, flexible, and attacking your opponents weak spots, not trying to force your preferred playstyle 

This is a case of a broken clock being right twice a day since Carolina is awful against the run.  And if we stick with Callahan you will see just how painfully right I am 

I agree with all that you say, but his teams no matter what value the run game on the aggregate. Most seasons they rank very high in most rushing statistics. 

20 hours ago, TommyWilson said:

Identity is never obsolete.    "Look at Belichick teams.  They don't even necessarily have an identity.  Their identity is game planning against their opponent and attacking their weakness" 🤨

One could argue that the Patriots and Belichick have the best identity we have ever seen in the NFL.  Also, do you have inside knowledge of Callahan as a coach?  The only reason your sold that he will fail is because he is the coach of a team that has been bad for 20 years.  It has nothing to do with his coaching style.  Say what you want about him but his a pretty good coach and took 2 teams to superbowls and despite the horrible use of the "tuck" rule it could have been 3.  No im not going to say he will be successful with the skins as a HC, but I wouldnt say anyone will.  

16 minutes ago, NeverSurrender said:

Say what you want about him but his a pretty good coach and took 2 teams to superbowls and despite the horrible use of the "tuck" rule it could have been 3.  No im not going to say he will be successful with the skins as a HC, but I wouldnt say anyone will.  

What the hell are you talking about?

Archived